• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Papstr

Neo Member
That moment where you pop off because you got a challenge you have been practicing for a half hour. Then it turns out you were watching the sample.

Yes.

I like how encouraging the samples are though. The nice announcer goes "GIVE IT A SHOT!" and I feel empowered.

Bebpo

Banned
After messing around with Leo, is it just me or does he seem way too good? I mean he's got very simple and easy 30%+ combos, he can combo his super right off his slash from a medium distance, he has good air superiority and easy to combo into his QCF+HS, he's got good range and is pretty quick and he has counters.

I noticed he was tough when I was fighting against other people using him online, but trying him out and going through his challenges/move lists he seems way too strong.

I like how encouraging the samples are though. The nice announcer goes "GIVE IT A SHOT!" and I feel empowered.
I totally agree!

After messing around with Leo, is it just me or does he seem way too good? I mean he's got very simple and easy 30%+ combos, he can combo his super right off his slash from a medium distance, he has good air superiority and easy to combo into his QCF+HS, he's got good range and is pretty quick and he has counters.

I noticed he was tough when I was fighting against other people using him online, but trying him out and going through his challenges/move lists he seems way too strong.
I don't understand him well at all. He just attacks, runs behind me, spins, and I take a lot of damage.

Teknoman

That moment where you pop off because you got a challenge you have been practicing for a half hour. Then it turns out you were watching the sample.

Yes.

are you able to do versus over shareplay?

This is what I meant when asking, not just letting someone play story mode.

just a heads up, patch is up. downloading at Soony speeds though so dont know the fixes yet

659.10MB PS4

Guess I wont be playing tonight.

Just gotta say: I've been playing GG since Dreamcast and this is the first game in the series where I feel I've really been able to dig in and understand the fundamental GG mechanics (never really understood the exact difference between Roman Cancels, for instance), thanks to all the tutorials and challenges.

here you go guys and girls

kZ6GXZX.jpg

rookiejet

My PS3 version updated to 1.02. So far it's the same experience I've had pre-patch: lagless matches in the 2-3f range with folks that are on 3 or more bar connections.

im pretty sure ps3's been 1.02 for a while.

Weird. I just got it today, and I've been online almost every day.

Naite

My JP PS4 version didn't have to download a patch since it was already v1.02, but my netcode went from 12F or higher to a constant 7-8F.

My NA PS3 did download a patch but my netcode seemed about the same as it's been all night, 2-6F all around.

Rhapsody, what should I be doing if my opponent is chilling outside of drill range? If I summon Eddie, what is the best way to approach? Especially someone like Sin, who outranges drills.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
The new US patch is actually a version above Japan's ver 1.02 patch with netcode stability incorporated.

Japan should be updating things with an equivalent patch sometime soon :)

Rhapsody

Banned
Rhapsody, what should I be doing if my opponent is chilling outside of drill range? If I summon Eddie, what is the best way to approach? Especially someone like Sin, who outranges drills.

For Sin, not too sure. I haven't played my friend's Sin with Zato after he got the hang with him. I feel like your HS Drill should strill reach him. I would summon Eddie right next to you and then do HS Drill and then dash in a bit and adapt to what they do. If he lets you in, you can do K Shadow if you're close enough.

ASW actually did it

The netcode. its perfect now. I'm getting 2-4f matches with everyone 2 bars and above

Aren't you on PS3 though? Weird that the PS4 patch affected yours unless your matches were all cross play.

I guess this is what Daisuke was talking about when he said that the arcade is the superior experience.

It makes sense that every game is 12f now, since according to the wiki there are 12 Guilty Gear console games in total.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
For those of you that got the PS3 LE, is the game inside the box any different from the standard version?

Onemic

For Sin, not too sure. I haven't played my friend's Sin with Zato after he got the hang with him. I feel like your HS Drill should strill reach him. I would summon Eddie right next to you and then do HS Drill and then dash in a bit and adapt to what they do. If he lets you in, you can do K Shadow if you're close enough.

Aren't you on PS3 though? Weird that the PS4 patch affected yours unless your matches were all cross play.

I have both versions. PS4 is where I was getting all the 2-4f matches.

DVD88

Neo Member
Quick question. If I buy a digital code from Amazon US, can I use that code on an Australian psn account? Or do I have to import a physical copy of the game?

NEO0MJ

Quick question. If I buy a digital code from Amazon US, can I use that code on an Australian psn account? Or do I have to import a physical copy of the game?

You need an american account to redeem that code. If you prefer digital it won't take long to open one and use it to redeem/buy games from the american PSN store, which is cheaper and more varied than most.

Onemic

『Inaba Resident』;144614440 said:
Getting this tomorrow.
The netcode has been improved with the recent patch?

Currently its only available for the NA version of the game so if you have that the difference in netcode is HUGE.

Before my average delay was 12f no matter who I faced, now I'm averaging 2-4f against 90% of people. Highest delay I got was against a 0 bar and that was 7-8f.

EDIT: was doing a session with Rookiejet and we averaged about 2f with it dropping to 1f in some matches. This was PS4 v PS3 too

So which character is best for System Voice?

Kind of thinking about JP Elphelt, but from what I could find it may get annoying after a while. I wouldn't use my main as a system voice too [which is not Elphelt].

Onemic

Played 10 or so matches in the socal lobby and it seems that cross coast play is very playable as well. Played against 4 different opponents ranged from 0bar to 2 bar. I averaged 6f against the 0 bar, 2f against the 2 bar and 4f against the remaining 1 bars.

Played 10 or so matches in the socal lobby and it seems that cross coast play is very playable as well. Played against 4 different opponents ranged from 0bar to 2 bar. I averaged 6f against the 0 bar, 2f against the 2 bar and 4f against the remaining 1 bars.

This is good to hear. I think I'll finally jump online this week after all the family festivities. Hopefully there's not another patch that breaks it again.

fader

I'm happy. I was getting depressed not being able to play.

Rhapsody

Banned
So, how long does it take to unlock Sin? Kinda tempted to just buy him and make it easier for myself.

Story mode unlocks half the points needed. If you were planning on ignoring the story, it shouldn't take that long with a turbo controller. If you have two turbo controllers, you can do 2 player VS and leave that on over night or something. Setting the matches to a higher number of rounds net you more points.

Zissou

Netcode getting fixed is a god damn Christmas miracle! Can't wait to get back home from the holidays and start grinding it out.

Top Bottom