• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

The most telling thing for me so far is all the 4 bar connections disappearing lol. Everyone is 3 or lower now. Pretty much the same as it was with Persona.

NEO0MJ

Story mode unlocks half the points needed. If you were planning on ignoring the story, it shouldn't take that long with a turbo controller. If you have two turbo controllers, you can do 2 player VS and leave that on over night or something. Setting the matches to a higher number of rounds net you more points.

Another issue I have is if I take the game with me to a friends house I don't want to have to go through the trouble again. Maybe I'll just buy him...

dem0neyes

Is this still the same batch that was pre order only?

Yea its only for the early pre orders. I got my shipping confirmation yesterday and it should be here Friday. Glad Obama made the day after Christmas a federal holiday so i can crack out on the ps4 version finally.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Played 10 or so matches in the socal lobby and it seems that cross coast play is very playable as well. Played against 4 different opponents ranged from 0bar to 2 bar. I averaged 6f against the 0 bar, 2f against the 2 bar and 4f against the remaining 1 bars.

I don't believe it. It's really happening? Legit Christmas miracle.

Played around since yesterday, still awkward getting used to the default stick layouts but I'm enjoying it. Fell hard into the "I know what to press but still kinda mashing" phase lol.

Good to hear the netcode is better, wanted to try out some super beginner level matches this evening.

zlatko

Banned
Is there a way to share replays?

Is there a way to play 1v1 private matches, and invite the person into them?

I feel having to make lobbies and give people instructions to get there is the dumbest thing ever. Playing with friends with ease should always be a high on the totem pole thing that no developer should overlook in this day and age.

If I overlooked it somehow, then that's on me to a degree, but it shouldn't be this cumbersome to find to begin with.....

---------

Glad to hear netcode got another buff. I had mostly good matches before this patch, and when I get back later this week I'll be excited to see the improvements.

Also, glad to hear Leo is super easy to use. I'm genuinely in love with his art design and look, so I may fork over the dough if it's a lot of QCF motions and not shoryu's. That pad execution is ass with me. :(

February 17th can't come soon enough. That's my birthday and when I'll treat myself to a new stick for my PS4.

Man, I really want to put some time into this game. Too bad my PS4 is at home while I'm at my parent's place for Christmas...

I just back-ordered the Hori HRAP v4 off AmiAmi, but who knows if that'll actually go through or not. C'mon Hori, churn more of those sticks out!

Is there a way to play 1v1 private matches, and invite the person into them?

I feel having to make lobbies and give people instructions to get there is the dumbest thing ever. Playing with friends with ease should always be a high on the totem pole thing that no developer should overlook in this day and age.

If I overlooked it somehow, then that's on me to a degree, but it shouldn't be this cumbersome to find to begin with.....

---------

Glad to hear netcode got another buff. I had mostly good matches before this patch, and when I get back later this week I'll be excited to see the improvements.

Also, glad to hear Leo is super easy to use. I'm genuinely in love with his art design and look, so I may fork over the dough if it's a lot of QCF motions and not shoryu's. That pad execution is ass with me. :(

February 17th can't come soon enough. That's my birthday and when I'll treat myself to a new stick for my PS4.
Do Player Match instead of a lobby. You can password the room and invite people.

Anbec7

This game! makes me mad!
I mean I want to get better at it but... my friends have experience with the past GGs so I get wrecked a lot...

Who should I use? I'm currently trying to get Sin because I want to use him and Elphelt seems OK.
Any tips? tricks?

Hupsel

Is there a character for someone that sucks at combos?
Or... just... try... another game...?
cry.gif

Nyoro SF

cry.gif

Ky's combos are really easy

Also GG is not too heavy of a combo game (minus a few characters designed deliberately for the combo gods). You'll land a pretty decent amount of damage from stray hits.

This game! makes me mad!
I mean I want to get better at it but... my friends have experience with the past GGs so I get wrecked a lot...

Who should I use? I'm currently trying to get Sin because I want to use him and Elphelt seems OK.
Any tips? tricks?

cry.gif
I think Sol, Slayer, Ky, and Leo are all beginner friendly.

I am also bad at this game. Do either of you want to play?

My PSN is Karsticles. Add me up.

Top Bottom