• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Will any of you guys be playing tonight? Just got the game yesterday, I am horrible at it but I want to play online against people so I can get better!

wwm0nkey

Oh? I only got to play less than an hour of it last night so I did Arcade with Sol, its just been like 3 years since I played a GG game I utterly forgot how to do most of well everything.
It'll help teach you the combos and everything. Training will teach you the basics too

Kimosabae

Banned
iu got your invite Kars, but I wanted to test out ranked before anything else, and the two matches I had where both 19 and 12 frames of delay, respectively. Not touching this trash netplay again until Hong Kong gets the patch.

fader

How about you make the lobby and invite everyone?

IDs:
Karsticles
Marz1991
Beats00
FluxWaveZ

can you invite me? PSN: croxxfader

iu got your invite Kars, but I wanted to test out ranked before anything else, and the two matches I had where both 19 and 12 frames of delay, respectively. Not touching this trash netplay again until Hong Kong gets the patch.

wait hk version wasnt patched yet?.. nvm

Something came up, but I'll be able to play later tonight. :x
Jerk.

Not sure who marz1991 is, but I have no idea what happened in that last round with the connection. D:
Marz' connection tends to do that. :p

GGs. I hate Millia's Dust. I never see it coming. I learned a ton from our matches.

Heh, maybe, since I still can't tell what Chipp is doing. You were too predictable with Sol, though.
I don't know how to handle that matchup at all.

wwm0nkey

Heh, maybe, since I still can't tell what Chipp is doing. You were too predictable with Sol, though.
Yeah I still need to work on him more and I REALLY need to jump cancel more too

This is my first real GG game so i think I'm doing okay so far, might work on Chipp instead of Sol now though.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah I still need to work on him more and I REALLY need to jump cancel more too

This is my first real GG game so i think I'm doing okay so far, might work on Chipp instead of Sol now though.

Heh, I don't even really know how to use jump cancels at all, myself. This is my first GG too; it still feels a bit odd to me to play, but I'll get used to the pace eventually.

Edit: Ack, trying to get drills and getting super jumps instead. Trying to get used to my new stick, I guess.

I believe the US PS3 version has the netcode fix.

edit: correct me if I'm wrong, I just got my US copy today and had to update to 1.02. Our Aksys homie said the US 1.02 was beyond the JP 1.02 IIRC.

Uraizen

Banned
Chipp can be a bastard in the corner, your chances of getting hit by that j.HS are very high. My personal favorite is the wall-cling oki he has. God bless the wall-cling.

zlatko

Banned
I don't mind Chip fights too much.

I use Venom and feel like I can make him play my game the whole time, BUT like others said here once he has you in the corner and he is competent then you need to have burst ready or else you'll lose to the mix ups at some point. Barrier helps push him back, but he can keep you pinned there other ways.

The biggest thing I recommend to learn some of the match ups is go mess around with the character yourself you have trouble with in training. Learn what these moves do, how the opponent has to do them, etc.

FluxWaveZ

GGs to those I faced in the NeoGAF lobby. I like how it was a consistent 3-5f delay against the people I faced. This patch finally made the online feel like that of a typical, modern ASW game.

wwm0nkey

GGs to those I faced in the NeoGAF lobby. I like how it was a consistent 3-5f delay against the people I faced. This patch finally made the online feel like that of a typical, modern ASW game.
Even though I lost against you every time the fact there was no lag was amazing.

Still hate all of bedmans set ups though, was so fucking hard just to get to you lol

Millia's IAD after j.D is frustrating the hell out me. I can only pull it off like 30% of the time.

Gonna spend several hours just practicing 988s and j.D 988s when I get home from work.

Onemic

Nope, my PS3 game patched this morning. Haven't tested with a bunch of people but I'm getting a lot of 3-4 frames. Very playable conditions.

I have the jpn ps3 version which hasnt been patched yet(At least I dont think so) the netcode is better but not as good as on the ps4(which is my NA copy). Averaging about 4-6f on the same coast and 7-9f cross coast. PS4 im getting 1-4f same coast and 3-6f cross coast

Millia's IAD after j.D is frustrating the hell out me. I can only pull it off like 30% of the time.

Gonna spend several hours just practicing 988s and j.D 988s when I get home from work.

I've managed to get it 90% or so of the time when facing right, but going towards the left, I still mess it up. Still worth getting down pat though, since it's a great way to carry an opponent to the corner and get an oki setup going (Which is more or less Millia's entire gameplan)

I've managed to get it 90% or so of the time when facing right, but going towards the left, I still mess it up. Still worth getting down pat though, since it's a great way to carry an opponent to the corner and get an oki setup going (Which is more or less Millia's entire gameplan)

Which, is exactly why I have to get it down. I actually find it easier to do it going left than going right. I am left handed so maybe a 988 motion is more awkward for me? Or maybe I just suck at it and need to stop make excuses and get better.

Sayad

You only need to do 96 or 99, delay the 6 or the second 9 until the moment you leave the hit stop. I was having trouble with it at first but almost never miss it now(PS4 controller). Love her BnBs in this version.

Even though I lost against you every time the fact there was no lag was amazing.

Still hate all of bedmans set ups though, was so fucking hard just to get to you lol

Bedman can be tricky to fight if you're anyone besides Potemkin. F.D.B is really good in that match up.

Now Zato gives me the most trouble. I always forget to FD in the air after I tech. So I always take damage that I can easily avoid.

Anyways gg flux.

Sayad

I have the jpn ps3 version which hasnt been patched yet(At least I dont think so) the netcode is better but not as good as on the ps4(which is my NA copy). Averaging about 4-6f on the same coast and 7-9f cross coast. PS4 im getting 1-4f same coast and 3-6f cross coast
I think Akselziys said the Japanese version isn't patched yet.

Edit: Yep.
The new US patch is actually a version above Japan's ver 1.02 patch with netcode stability incorporated.

Japan should be updating things with an equivalent patch sometime soon :)

Dugna

What would be the fastest way to unlock Sin (besides buying him)? I completed the story mode but am still off by 50,000.

FluxWaveZ

Made a lobby in NA 1, District 1, #03 room name gaf pass is 123.

I should be there in a few minutes, if it's still open. Having trouble signing in to PSN for some reason.

Edit: Er, make that several (like 15-20 minutes). Have to figure out what's going on with the LAN connection.

Top Bottom