• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus XBLA/PSN |OT| [NA PSN version is dated for 12/4]

This is fucking hot garbage. What the fuck. There aren't even any translation shenanigans for some of those countries they didn't release in.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
This is fucking hot garbage. What the fuck. There aren't even any translation shenanigans for some of those countries they didn't release in.

The countries they excluded are all over the place, no way language is a factor. In the end I was able to get the game by buying US MS Points, but I had to jump through like 7 hoops to give them my money. This is so ass backwards...again.

Naite

I fucking hope they release this in Canada for PSN.

What the fuck, I can't believe I actually said that.

It'll probably be fine since the Canadian PSN is pretty much the same as the American PSN. The only problem is when we'll get it, since the Nov 1 date is for Japan only.

I might get a Japanese psn card and get the Japanese version if it ends up taking too long.

Uraizen

Banned
It's that it didn't release everywhere like usual. No one knows if it's coming at a later date ( since it's rare for xbla games to not release worldwide at the same time) or even if it's coming at all to the other countries. Will have to wait until next week to see the situation with the PSN release.

Yeah, it sucks.

Who knew Arc themselves would be the ones to prevent you from purchasing it. That's just kinda... wow.

Who knew Arc themselves would be the ones to prevent you from purchasing it. That's just kinda... wow.
Japan's fighting game companies tend to set up as many roadblocks as possible. It's like they have a contest going sometimes.

I was pretty fucking pissed when I found out there is no spectator mode or lobbies today. I told my cousin and he is even considering skipping it. ASW really fucks up the simplest things. The lack of a basic worldwide digital release and missing features... only ASW and Arc would do this shit.

xero273

I was pretty fucking pissed when I found out there is no spectator mode or lobbies today. I told my cousin and he is even considering skipping it. ASW really fucks up the simplest things. The lack of a basic worldwide digital release and missing features... only ASW and Arc would do this shit.

what? you are talking about GG right? how did they not put it in when their previous games have it

I just tried the trial version. The only thing available to you is Arcade mode. Can't even look at the help/options section, sound or achievements.

I only had a vague idea what the buttons were.

Never played GG before, so I was hoping I could at least see a layout.

Slygmous

They actually had a reason for P4A though, I can't see why they've gone to the trouble of blocking so many people from buying this game. I don't think they ever said it was only for certain countries either...

I was really looking forward to this :( never really tried this game before.

what? you are talking about GG right? how did they not put it in when their previous games have it
Hell if I know.

I just want the game so I can get this over with already.
They actually had a reason for P4A though, I can't see why they've gone to the trouble of blocking so many people from buying this game. I don't think they ever said it was only for certain countries either...

I was really looking forward to this :( never really tried this game before.
Keep in mind that Atlus was responsible for that. ASW merely develops the games and P4A was as fully featured as a fighter could get at this point in time. I don't think Aksys was involved in P4A at all since Atlus did the publishing(maybe I'm wrong?). The shortcomings in this release are definitely something that ASW AND Aksys should share the blame for though.

Volcynika

Keep in mind that Atlus was responsible for that. ASW merely develops the games. I don't think Aksys was involved in P4A at all. The shortcomings in this release are definitely something that ASW AND Aksys should share the blame for though.

I don't think Aksys was involved at all in this release.

JEKKI

aw crap I useta love this game back in the days.

now I'm old... I cant afford to get addicted again >_<

Busaiku

ASW is Arc though?

What a sorry freaking situation it is if we can't even be sure something that is being released in the US is gonna come to Canada too.

It's totally ridiculous.

Onemic

What a sorry freaking situation it is if we can't even be sure something that is being released in the US is gonna come to Canada too.

It's totally ridiculous.

I have been waiting for this game since summer to come out so it will be my main fighting game, I really hope it comes to NA next and not just Japan.

Rlan

Does the game have single player Leaderboards, or just online multiplayer? The trial doesn't allow me to view them, unfortunately.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How bad is the graphics/netcode? That's what I want to know since the advertising shots look bad and I'm worried that's with filters applied. :/

ASW is Arc though?
"ASW" is Arc System Works which is the developer of P4A, BB and GG. Right now it seems like they are responsible for publishing the game and releasing it without spec and lobbies. That is pretty much it. Still waiting on people's impression of the online performance. I expect flying colors on this one.
How bad is the graphics/netcode? That's what I want to know since the advertising shots look bad and I'm worried that's with filters applied. :/
Played the demo at my Cousin's place today and it looked great on his 40" television. Can't recall checking deeply for scan lines or anything like that.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

I'm trying the demo on Xbox. The graphics by default have some kind of smoothing filter ( ugh ) but it's not one of the worst ones. The UI and such uh, well, it's all kinda rough. Even stuff like the icons for Xbox buttons have pixelated noise around them like they were cut and pasted by a kid with photoshop. Upscaling for menus and text looks very janky to me.

We can't adjust the options in the demo (WTF) so I don't know if the smoothing filter can be turned off.

Busaiku

"ASW" is Arc System Works which is the developer of P4A, BB and GG. Right now it seems like they are responsible for publishing the game and releasing it without spec and lobbies. That is pretty much it. Still waiting on people's impression of the online performance. I expect flying colors on this one.

Yes, I know that, but you mentioned them twice, which is why I'm confused.

CPS2

Wow what the hell is going on with ASW games all of a sudden? There's 2 recent ones i can't even buy now... They really need to get picked up by a publisher who releases games properly.

d0c_zaius

This is my favorite part of the game. Everyone has a different favorite character and they are all awesome. Mine are Johnny, Baiken, and Order-Sol.

funny if I had to pick my next fave 3 it would be those, even though I suck with Johnny. I wanna learn him for the next update.

Jam is good too.

Not a fan of Axl and Testament though.

The filter doesn't look bad to me, but I'm comparing it to the lower res versions. I usually turn off filters in other games as I prefer the pixels how they were, but I didn't feel the need to all day. No one else commented on it negatively either, and we had around 7-8 people watching.

There is some option in the display settings to turn it off though, I think (I didn't use it).

AC+ is one of my top 5, so I'm biased. But besides some tiny negatives I think it's a good deal for the price, especially if it leads to R coming out here.

I haven't played online yet, but I didn't expect lobbies. I assumed it was a straight port just cleaned up. I can understand the disappointment though.

The game is soo good though, damn! It's very refreshing to play something like this vs. just dealing with SF4 and love/hating marvel every other week. Everything feels so tight and defined. Boss Dizzy can fuck off! But at least Aba stuff is coming back to me little by little.

This and TTT2 I'm GOOD till tobal 3.

http://www.twitch.tv/slayer stream of someone playing.

This is my favorite part of the game. Everyone has a different favorite character and they are all awesome. Mine are Johnny, Baiken, and Order-Sol.

I dug Axel, Bridgit and Slayer but that was X2. Haven't played much since then. Messing with Slayer I can tell a lot has changed!

danmaku

I'm trying the demo on Xbox. The graphics by default have some kind of smoothing filter ( ugh ) but it's not one of the worst ones. The UI and such uh, well, it's all kinda rough. Even stuff like the icons for Xbox buttons have pixelated noise around them like they were cut and pasted by a kid with photoshop. Upscaling for menus and text looks very janky to me.

We can't adjust the options in the demo (WTF) so I don't know if the smoothing filter can be turned off.

You can turn it off. Menus look quite bad but the actual game is excellent.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can turn it off. Menus look quite bad but the actual game is excellent.

You got screens (even if off camera) of the filters off/on? Because the advertising shots/shots in the OP look bad, no offense. I want to get it but if it looks smeared and pixely it isn't worth it to me.

Vert boil

https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC/status/261443606051708928

Concerning GUILTY GEAR XX &#923;CORE PLUS for XBLA, we have received a lot of requests from the countries that have not got a release yet.

https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC/status/261443646866472960

At the moment, we are discussing additional releases in Canada and Mexico, so please wait a bit longer.

https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC/status/261443718563897345

If there are other people who want the game released in their country, please let us know where you live. #guiltygear

https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC/

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I want the goddamn fuck out of this game. Wonder if the PS3 version's going to be the one to go with, as with seemingly every other Arc game...

What is going on ? Why do we have to ask for it, was it too hard to just release it everywhere like 99.9% of the xbla games.
Taking lessons from Capcom of last year. I guess no one told them that this sort of thing puts people off. Maybe they should get a call from IG and Capcom so they don't fuck up basic stuff.

Edit: They are up now.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
What is going on ? Why do we have to ask for it, was it too hard to just release it everywhere like 99.9% of the xbla games.
I'm really hoping the same doesn't happen with the PSN version. Otherwise ASW isn't getting my money, as simple as that.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Is it me or is the input buffer in this game super strict? Really having trouble doing SRKs in an air combo. The input show I'm doing an srk, but a fireball comes out all the time.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Is it me or is the input buffer in this game super strict? Really having trouble doing SRKs in an air combo. The input show I'm doing an srk, but a fireball comes out all the time.

GG has always been tough about timings...BB and P4A are much easier

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm doing roughly the same thing I'd be doing blindfolded in Marvel, ABC SRK stuff in the air but it's super inconsistent here. Wish they'll be less anal about stuff like that in a future GG game.

.la1n

As soon as it's available on PSN it will be mine. I have more fighting games than I could ever actually play competitively, I never asked for this.

Top Bottom