• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus XBLA/PSN |OT| [NA PSN version is dated for 12/4]

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
What is going on ? Why do we have to ask for it, was it too hard to just release it everywhere like 99.9% of the xbla games.

Seriously. How do you fuck something like this up. We have to beg for stuff to simply be released in a normal fashion? I'm sure the 5 other Belgians who really wanted to play this will sway them. Ugh. No way small countries that are excluded now will be able to persuade them, but even if the earnings would be meager that's still free money left on the table. You'd think niche companies would like all the sales they can get.

Zanosuke

Please be available on the swedish PSN-store on release! I have kept my PS2-copy for so long, even though I don't own the console anymore..

I'm sorry guys.

It seems like every game I realy want gets fucked over with bullshit like this (DragonsDogam, P4A, SFXT, DOA5).

I am bad luck.

still day one when it hits on PSN...which better fucking be next week.

Looking forward to the PS3 release. Before anyone complains, I think most people should know that the controls are strict, but not random. Meaning that the input windows for most things are smaller than what is usual for today's standards, but are certain and unchanging. This is not like early CPS street fighter.

If any current Marvel players wonder where Marlinpie got his execution from, the GG series is a major factor in that.

Mesoian

Looking forward to the PS3 release. Before anyone complains, I think most people should know that the controls are strict, but not random. Meaning that the input windows for most things are smaller than what is usual for today's standards, but are certain and unchanging. This is not like early CPS street fighter.

If any current Marvel players wonder where Marlinpie got his execution from, the GG series is a major factor in that.

Indeed. I played GGXX for about 2 hours last night with varied success, then went back and played Marvel for an hour. The leeway more current fighting games give you with execution feels like night and day. I found while playing GG that if I choked up on my pad, re positioned my thumb so the pad rests on the 9 position, I was hitting my rolls and dp's with more accuracy. It's just a sign of the times I guess, high level GGXX is tough.

The online is messy though, which is particularly heartbreaking considering the netcode in P4A was so sublime. It might be simply due to distance since there's no ping indicator or region indicator, but every good game I had was mired down by 3 games that were unplayable.

And of course people rage quitting to keep their perfect records, as if that means anything.

Onemic

Indeed. I played GGXX for about 2 hours last night with varied success, then went back and played Marvel for an hour. The leeway more current fighting games give you with execution feels like night and day. I found while playing GG that if I choked up on my pad, re positioned my thumb so the pad rests on the 9 position, I was hitting my rolls and dp's with more accuracy. It's just a sign of the times I guess, high level GGXX is tough.

The online is messy though, which is particularly heartbreaking considering the netcode in P4A was so sublime. It might be simply due to distance since there's no ping indicator or region indicator, but every good game I had was mired down by 3 games that were unplayable.

And of course people rage quitting to keep their perfect records, as if that means anything.

so there is no indicator to tell you how good your connection is to your opponent?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

I know it's not random, but I must say I really do prefer a more generous input buffer. I know the movements I'm doing are correct, just off by split seconds. I absolutely love Guilty Gear but I hope a next-gen iteration of it will get in-depth character tutorials and some mechanics explanations in-game. More new people would stick around if they did that.

That's sorta bad. Like really bad. that should be standard
Goes beyond bad. It basically shits on all the advancements fighting games have made since BlazBlue:Calamity Trigger came out alongside SFIV. No ping/region indicators, no lobbies, no spectator. They may as well take away our ability to voice chat at this point. I was praying that the online would at least be perfect in order to compensate for the limited release and Vanilla MvC3 barebones experience, but they didn't even get that right. Oh well... they'll probably fix the netcode issue. They managed to apply effective fixes for BB and P4A when they had online issues at first.
I'm sorry guys.

It seems like every game I realy want gets fucked over with bullshit like this (DragonsDogam, P4A, SFXT, DOA5).

I am bad luck.

still day one when it hits on PSN...which better fucking be next week.
Don't feel bad. I think it is our luck combined. I believed in SFxT before gems, Skullgirls was the second coming of Christ for me, GG was my release of the Summer, SCV was supposed to be the new SCII and DOA5 was going to be the best DOA since 3. I am the devourer of game success and you are my herald.

Mesoian

NerdJosh's Faust is awesome. I want my Faust to be that good.

Also, why is SRK's wiki so lacking. Baiken only has like 1/2 the information there.

From simple observation, it makes me wonder if the netcode for this is the same netcode from Guilty Gear XX: Reload for the xbox, which is TEN YEARS OLD.

shtkn

NerdJosh's Faust is awesome. I want my Faust to be that good.

Also, why is SRK's wiki so lacking. Baiken only has like 1/2 the information there.

the guilty gear section on dustloop should have some info if you're willing to go read the beginner guide threads.

wiki is still incomplete, and unfortunately, i think most players are lazy and are going to wait for +R before that gets updated.

Mesoian

Confirmed. The netcode in this game is SHIT. And it's inconsistant too. Games I'm having with the same people are sometimes good and sometimes bad. This is really inexcusable.

VanillaPMP

Neo Member
Still not available in Canada?

No, but I just opened a US Xbox account (with Capcom USA's address) and bought a 800 & 400 ms pt cards from Amazon.com (again with Capcoms mailing address) to buy it. Amazon even gave me $5 off the cards, which made it cheaper than just buying the pts directly.

This is hilarious. Why is everyone so surprised that the netcode sucks ass in this game? I knew well before it was announced that this netcode was going to suck ass. This was a game made in the one frame precision era where it was arcade only with no hope of online play. Mixed with far less generous inputs and far greater precision required, I knew the game was going to be shit online.

The only thing this proves is that Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena were made with consoles in mind. I remember that the original Blazblue had five frame leniency as a bare minimum. Same with Persona 4 Arena. Tekkan Tag Tournament 2 is 7 frame leniency. Guilty Gear like previous KOF games has no frame leniency and thus the netcode is a lot harder to solve in this release.

Still buying this. Don't care about online. Time to shrug it off with the best of them.

Dan.jpg

jbueno

The in-game graphics are not stretched to fill a 16:9 frame, instead the pillar box area is filled with artwork. The game itself is thankfully not distorted. Click the images to enlarge.

So it seems, but what I´m hoping for is that if I play the XBLA game on my VGA monitor in 640x480p, it would look just like the Arcade original would on an arcade 31 khz monitor, with no letterboxing.

Perhaps I´ll download the demo later.

This is hilarious. Why is everyone so surprised that the netcode sucks ass in this game? I knew well before it was announced that this netcode was going to suck ass. This was a game made in the one frame precision era where it was arcade only with no hope of online play. Mixed with far less generous inputs and far greater precision required, I knew the game was going to be shit online.

The only thing this proves is that Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena were made with consoles in mind. I remember that the original Blazblue had five frame leniency as a bare minimum. Same with Persona 4 Arena. Tekkan Tag Tournament 2 is 7 frame leniency. Guilty Gear like previous KOF games has no frame leniency and thus the netcode is a lot harder to solve in this release.

Still buying this. Don't care about online. Time to shrug it off with the best of them.

Dan.jpg

This, all of it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Dan.jpg

Guilty Gear Reload pc netplay code, made by some random dude and modded into the game, would like a word with you

Hell, Guilty Gear Reload on Xbox would like a word with you. I could have matches with japanese players that weren't COMPLETE dogshit and that was ages ago.

Made a video about it and got some interesting errors online, including one that seemingly tossed me into someone else's results screen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnD7A9w7WRc&list=UUW0Pxle6RGaN-xl6kbYNbJA&index=1&feature=plcp

Error at 12:58
i just gotta say your voice reminds me of ulillillia's and that's a great thing

good to be able to see the display options

vg260

Dang. Bummer about the netcode. Hopefully they revive the series with a new entry on consoles. Not much of a fan of BlazBlue but this game looks way more interesting to me.

Dang. Bummer about the netcode. Hopefully they revive the series with a new entry on consoles. Not much of a fan of BlazBlue but this game looks way more interesting to me.
ASW is gonna milk BlazBlue dry since Phantasma is not ending the series yet. Expect a new GG waaaay later down the road.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
ASW is gonna milk BlazBlue dry since Phantasma is not ending the series yet. Expect a new GG waaaay later down the road.

This is what I was afraid of. I bought the first two games, going out of my way to import the first one as an EU release was not at all certain, but I won't buy any new ones. Them going the extra mile again to fuck up an easy digital release makes that all the more easy. Replaying Guilty Gear highlights what I didn't like about Blazblue and I'd rather they shift focus from it sooner rather than later, but then it's not like they're actually listening to fans.

I cant see a new GG coming out for the current generation of consoles.
Which is why I said "waaaay" later down the road. These consoles only have another year left in them. Hell, BB4 is going to appear on next gen consoles in some form. I would bet on it. If they tried to make any new GG on current gen consoles it would come out in a state that no one in their right mind would pay for(R revision for $50, anyone?). This ain't SFIV with 3D models. Sprites take a while to make and no one will pay retail price for a simple revision.
So does this game set some sort of record for number of mechanics in a fighting game?
Maybe tied with SFxT. The only difference is that GGAC+'s mechanics and ideas were fine tuned by years of tweaking and experimentation.
This is what I was afraid of. I bought the first two games, going out of my way to import the first one as an EU release was not at all certain, but I won't buy any new ones. Them going the extra mile again to fuck up an easy digital release makes that all the more easy. Replaying Guilty Gear highlights what I didn't like about Blazblue and I'd rather they shift focus from it sooner rather than later, but then it's not like they're actually listening to fans.
They are listening to our wallets, but not our voices. :p

Great, I missed on the Wii version, it's finally time to play this.

*downloads demo*

I can't believe this fucking game won't run in 4:3. People just don't care about making a decent port anymore. I won't ever buy that crap, even on a sale.

Please have a proper 4:3 mode.

Nope! Out of luck.

Mesoian

*downloads demo*

I can't believe this fucking game won't run in 4:3. People just don't care about making a decent port anymore. I won't ever buy that crap, even on a sale.

Nope! Out of luck.

Do any of the current fighting games have a legit 4:3 mode? I've never looked.

Do any of the current fighting games have a legit 4:3 mode? I've never looked.

Any of the old Capcom games ported to XBLA have 4:3. Dead or Alive 4 has it too, but it's an old game.

I believe most Sega games do too (not fighting games but whatever). Although the last 3 packs of old games don't, which of course means no buy.

VanillaPMP

Neo Member

*downloads demo*

Nope! Out of luck.

What are you talking about, the game runs in 4:3 with sidebars......

Edit: Unless you mean you want to run it on an actual 4:3 monitor.

What are you talking about, the game runs in 4:3 with sidebars......

Edit: Unless you mean you want to run it on an actual 4:3 monitor.

I want it to DISPLAY in 4:3. I mean, just cut the bars. It's stupid, they can add bars to make it 16:9 but can't take them out. Sloppy port-job.

Thai

Bane was better.
I want it to DISPLAY in 4:3. I mean, just cut the bars. It's stupid, they can add bars to make it 16:9 but can't take them out. Sloppy port-job.

Are there any games that actually do that?

on-topic, this actually looks very good for up-rez sprites!

Esura

Banned

Probably mostly listening to Blazblue fans instead. :p

Are there any games that actually do that?

on-topic, this actually looks very good for up-rez sprites!

As I've said already in this topic...

Any of the old Capcom games ported to XBLA have 4:3. Dead or Alive 4 has it too, but it's an old game.

I believe most Sega games do too (not fighting games but whatever). Although the last 3 packs of old games don't, which of course means no buy.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone here played the +R versión from the arcades? Is it just a balance patch or does it add lobbies, challenges, and other, you know, required stuff these days?

VanillaPMP

Neo Member
Has anyone here played the +R versión from the arcades? Is it just a balance patch or does it add lobbies, challenges, and other, you know, required stuff these days?

None if that would be in the arcade version, regardless of whether they add it in the +R update.

I also don't understand why people are saying the netcode is bad. The netcode is fine, its the game that's the problem. GG is a game built around just frame precision, so the online will never be great. In comparison, BB has a 5 frame input buffer; if you hold down a button, it is actually input on 5 co secutive frames automatically. Likewise, TTT2 has a 7 frame buffer iirc, and many other modern fighters have some buffer or technique which reduces required frame precision. This gives them the illusion of better netcode, when its really just the engine compensating.

Onemic

Got the PS2 game from my friend today. Gonna practice before the games release on PSN so Im not too free!
I'll still be completely free

Think Im gonna main Johnny over Baiken, she'll definitely be my alt though.

Top Bottom