• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus XBLA/PSN |OT| [NA PSN version is dated for 12/4]

Mesoian

None if that would be in the arcade version, regardless of whether they add it in the +R update.

I also don't understand why people are saying the netcode is bad. The netcode is fine, its the game that's the problem. GG is a game built around just frame precision, so the online will never be great. In comparison, BB has a 5 frame input buffer; if you hold down a button, it is actually input on 5 co secutive frames automatically. Likewise, TTT2 has a 7 frame buffer iirc, and many other modern fighters have some buffer or technique which reduces required frame precision. This gives them the illusion of better netcode, when its really just the engine compensating.

Because Guilty Gear R for the xbox had much better netcode than this.

Yet they made it insanely hard for me to even give them my money this time.
Yeah, I think I'm skipping this. Steam sales are around the corner, I want Unfinished Swan and my new PC is gonna be built this Winter come hell or high water. I don't have the money for shit ports.

My heart aches... I really wanted to play Guilty Gear again.

Galdelico

Just tried the XBLA demo and... Bravo ASW, why in the world can't I even see what kind of options the game has?

I read you can turn the graphic filter off (by default the smearing is terrible... Especially on the backgrounds), but I don't know what are the other options: I guess there are no scanlines but instead a regular sharp/pixelated look, right? Thanks guys.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
No sign of this on PSN today. Does that mean it's coming next week instead?

Are there any games that actually do that?

on-topic, this actually looks very good for up-rez sprites!

This, my PS2 copy on the 60GB PS3 before looked amazing even when stretched to 16:9.
If this looks as good like that then I'd be satisfied. It looks HD enough for me.

Tizoc

Odd that there isn't much fanfare or coverage from various websites about the game's release on 360 and/or PSN....

Onemic

Odd that there isn't much fanfare or coverage from various websites about the game's release on 360 and/or PSN....

Arcsys did a pretty good job in screwing up the hype, pre and post release.

I don't even know if practicing on my ps2 version is worth it, since there's no real confirmation that it's going to come out the same time as Japan or even in all regions.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Arcsys did a pretty good job in screwing up the hype, pre and post release.

I don't even know if practicing on my ps2 version is worth it, since there's no real confirmation that it's going to come out the same time as Japan or even in all regions.

Seriously. I know it's a niche property but the name does have pull within the fighting game community. First mistake was not just giving us +R and hype people on the fact that after ten years we get a new Guilty Gear on digital platforms and do like Capcom did with Darkstalkers tease a potential brand new game even if it's barely in production.

Instead of that they do a lackluster featureless port job of the old game with added functionality added sloppily both in terms of function and pure design AND further fuck up by not adhering to the standard worldwide XBLA release practice. Staggering the PSN release will probably also bite them in the ass and cause the negative feedback from the XBLA version to dramatically effect that release even more and who knows what fuckery they'll pull with the PSN regions there.

I love this damn franchise, but damn if it isn't mismanaged as hell.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously. I know it's a niche property but the name does have pull within the fighting game community. First mistake was not just giving us +R and hype people on the fact that after ten years we get a new Guilty Gear on digital platforms and do like Capcom did with Darkstalkers tease a potential brand new game even if it's barely in production.

Instead of that they do a lackluster featureless port job of the old game with added functionality added sloppily both in terms of function and pure design AND further fuck up by not adhering to the standard worldwide XBLA release practice. Staggering the PSN release will probably also bite them in the ass and cause the negative feedback from the XBLA version to dramatically effect that release even more and who knows what fuckery they'll pull with the PSN regions there.

I love this damn franchise, but damn if it isn't mismanaged as hell.
It's like they're throwing a bone to the old dog so that they can focus on petting the fat cat (BBCP).
Fuck, even though it's a great fighting game on it's own, the atrocious story and character design of BlazBlue is something I'll never get into.

danmaku

Remember when the game was announced and people were saying that BlazBlue was dead and Guilty Gear would've replaced it?

Yeah, right.

So has this come out in more than a couple of countries already or should I just spend the points I specifically bought for this on something else?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
They have to ship it to you? :(

Also if I did get it, can you play it alongside other NA store bought stuff?

It's sent via e-mail. You get it within a few hours, usually.

And yes. You can just make a JPSN account, buy the game, then play it on your US account.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Do you know if the JPN version has an english option?

No idea. I read on Dustloop that a lot of the options and menus and such are in English, but Guilty Gear has always been that way. What I want to find out though, is if the story mode stuff and other things like win quotes are in English when the game is played on an English system. Some Japanese games are like that. No idea thus far, though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Well I just spent a good 35 bones on these codes just to get a poverty port. I'm such a bad person
So does it have any english voice/text option? I also second the sentiment of really wanting at least story mode in english.

Onemic

So does it have any english voice/text option? I also second the sentiment of really wanting at least story mode in english.

Well I can't even check because the codes they gave me don't even work :/

Unless Im doing it wrong, I get to the area where you have to pay and I pick the second option, which brings me to a page where you have to input a code, which I'm assuming is where you put your PSN code in. I tried like 5 times and it keeps denying me. I just wasted 35 bucks for nothing

Naite

I'm hearing it's fully in English. I'm still waiting because I don't to put $30 on a Japanese card. And I got AC3 to keep me busy until then.

Well I can't even check because the codes they gave me don't even work :/

Unless Im doing it wrong, I get to the area where you have to pay and I pick the second option, which brings me to a page where you have to input a code, which I'm assuming is where you put your PSN code in. I tried like 5 times and it keeps denying me. I just wasted 35 bucks for nothing

There's a bunch of different areas on PSN where you can redeem code. Try doing it by clicking on the icon with a 12 and a pencil on it (it's on the top right corner of the store page or in account management on the xmb).

Onemic

I'm hearing it's fully in English. I'm still waiting because I don't to put $30 on a Japanese card. And I got AC3 to keep me busy until then.

There's a bunch of different areas on PSN where you can redeem code. Try doing it by clicking on the icon with a 12 and a pencil on it (it's on the top right corner of the store page or in account management on the xmb).

yep already tried it, doesn't work.

Did they patch in a proper 4:3 option for fullscreen displays?

It's pretty stupid when companies force widescreen with old arcade ports. I had to wait for a patch to play Guwange XBLA properly.

jbueno

Did they patch in a proper 4:3 option for fullscreen displays?

It's pretty stupid when companies force widescreen with old arcade ports. I had to wait for a patch to play Guwange XBLA properly.

That felt like forever too, it took Cave a good 4 months or so to patch the damn thing. I guess we are better off playing the Wii or PS2 versions.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I had to do the same for the XBLA version, but the process was quite quick and painless in my case. Still pissed I had to buy an extra card while I had just bought one specifically for Guilty Gear.

Pretty sure this wouldn't be the first time a game was released on XBL earlier than PSN.

Probably won't be the last time either. But is there a reason for the delay? This isn't a new release that either company should feel a need to keep exclusive for a given period. And more importantly, it's already out on JPSN!

Tizoc

Probably won't be the last time either. But is there a reason for the delay? This isn't a new release that either company should feel a need to keep exclusive for a given period. And more importantly, it's already out on JPSN!

Eh there were games on EU and/or JPN PSN before US PSN too, look at how long it took Malicious to be released on US PSN >_>;

While on the one hand I can understand wanting the game what with it being available the way it is...I am sort of a patient person especially with games I am looking forward to.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Ugg this needs to hit us psn like now. I haven't played this game since ps2 / xbox1 days. I LOVED IT.

Does this version have EX versions of characters like reload on Xbox did? EX millinia rage :-D

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ugg this needs to hit us psn like now. I haven't played this game since ps2 / xbox1 days. I LOVED IT.

Does this version have EX versions of characters like reload on Xbox did? EX millinia rage :-D

It does.

Onemic

I think the second code not working was simply PSN locking my ability to redeem codes for 24 hours because of all the previous failed attempts to input the first set of codes I received that didnt work. Hopefully I'll be able to redeem my code in the next few hours.

Onemic

Onemic, how's the netcode for the PSN version?

Right now my main problem is finding a match to begin with. Just finished installing it and so far I've only seen 5 people online with only 2 that I could connect to, both were 0 bars :/

The 0 bar match had delay to make up for the lag, sorta like P4A's. Im thinking the netcode will be pretty similar to P4A, but you would probably never want to connect to 0 bar connections because the delay will fuck up your execution moreso than P4A due to GG's strict timings.

Onemic

So when will Guilty Gear be hitting up the US PSN store.... checked tonight and I don't see it.

There's no announced release date. I had to get it from the Jpn store

Even with all this region bs, I'm very surprised there such little attention being directed towards this games release. This was supposed to be the game that killed BB and P4A in one fell swoop.

Dremark

Banned
There's no announced release date. I had to get it from the Jpn store

Even with all this region bs, I'm very surprised there such little attention being directed towards this games release. This was supposed to be the game that killed BB and P4A in one fell swoop.

I never felt that was even close to arealistic expectation. BB and P4A both seem to be more popular than GG ever was.

Top Bottom