• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus XBLA/PSN |OT| [NA PSN version is dated for 12/4]

Galdelico

Tried the demo again last night... I'm feeling bad in not getting this game, even if I can see it's what I'd call a lazy/barebones port.

Is there any technical difference between the PSN/XBLA versions?

NEO0MJ

So, online is bad, huh? That makes me real sad. I know for a fact that none of my friends will jump in this game with me, they hate playing games they don't already know. And considering the $15 pricepoint I find it hard to justify buying it just to practice combos.

Joule

Tried the demo again last night... I'm feeling bad in not getting this game, even if I can see it's what I'd call a lazy/barebones port.

Is there any technical difference between the PSN/XBLA versions?

I don't notice any difference myself and haven't heard anyone say one is better than the other in terms of the port. There is some oddity between the two though like how the PSN version doesn't have the ability to set the music to match the stage or to be random while the 360 does and the 360 version can't adjust the screen space to aline the side panels to fit properly like the ps3. I also personally encountered issue with playing the game on ps3 with HDMI as specified a few posts ago but I've just switched over to component for the time being and there's no issue now. There's a thread on dustloop recording various bugs and such as well.

So, online is bad, huh? That makes me real sad. I know for a fact that none of my friends will jump in this game with me, they hate playing games they don't already know. And considering the $15 pricepoint I find it hard to justify buying it just to practice combos.

I think if you can find people to play with in your region, the online isn't too bad. I live on the east coast Canada and just had some games with Negatorz who also is on the same coast iirc and the connection was pretty good. Edit: Actually Negatorz is in Texas so that's even better I guess!

Man, I LOVE the new(-ish) Survival Mode. Leveling up and increasing your stats adds a whole new layer to it. So much fun.

EDIT: Tip for anyone having trouble with some of the stuff in Mission Mode: The CPU almost NEVER blocks on wakeup. This is pretty much an instant win card if used right.

Lies, or atleast I'm not as lucky, cause every time I go for this the CPU blocks it, ALWAYS ;_;

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Lies, or atleast I'm not as lucky, cause every time I go for this the CPU blocks it, ALWAYS ;_;

Works pretty great for me. I use Venom most of the time, and 90% of the time I can just knock the opponent down, then hit his crouching HS -> heavy Double Head Morbid just as they're getting up and just repeat until I win.

Also, anyone got a tip for beating I-No on Arcade mode? I can't kill her and it's getting me ridiculously salty as hell. I mean, I only won one round out of 20+ rematches

Also, anyone got a tip for beating I-No on Arcade mode? I can't kill her and it's getting me ridiculously salty as hell. I mean, I only won one round out of 20+ rematches

Figure out a small combo that'll do about 25% damage. She'll go into her Super every quarter of life you knock out off of her. Don't do anything when she throws it out, of course, except dodge. When it's over, hit her until she does it again.

Be patient.

If you get frustrated, turn the game off and try again later.

Figure out a small combo that'll do about 25% damage. She'll go into her Super every quarter of life you knock out off of her. Don't do anything when she throws it out, of course, except dodge. When it's over, hit her until she does it again.

Be patient.

If you get frustrated, turn the game off and try again later.

Well, the main thing I have a problem with is that she blocks EVERYTHING!!! I got to the point that i know after every quarter or more of life lost she does those orbs, which I learned how to dodge. Good to know about that Hyper after every quarter that way I know when to not rush in like a madman.

Well, the main thing I have a problem with is that she blocks EVERYTHING!!! I got to the point that i know after every quarter or more of life lost she does those orbs, which I learned how to dodge. Good to know about that Hyper after every quarter that way I know when to not rush in like a madman.

Blocking? Opening the computer up is kind of . . .

Try more lows. Or throw more.

Mike(of Skullgirls fame) tried playing it. Apparently he got a whopping 0/35 pot busters(iirc). He promptly dropped it online afterwards. Offline performance seems to be great.

NEO0MJ

I think if you can find people to play with in your region, the online isn't too bad. I live on the east coast Canada and just had some games with Negatorz who also is on the same coast iirc and the connection was pretty good. Edit: Actually Negatorz is in Texas so that's even better I guess!

Thing is, I live in the mid-east and so I doubt there will be many players. In BB the connection was good even with people in the US but it seems the netcode in this game isn't that good. Any other guys from the mid-east here or play with people from the mid-east can tell me their experience?

Mike(of Skullgirls fame) tried playing it. Apparently he got a whopping 0/35 pot busters(iirc). He promptly dropped it online afterwards. Offline performance seems to be great.

Ha ha, really? I've got to see that.

Galdelico

I don't notice any difference myself and haven't heard anyone say one is better than the other in terms of the port. There is some oddity between the two though like how the PSN version doesn't have the ability to set the music to match the stage or to be random while the 360 does and the 360 version can't adjust the screen space to aline the side panels to fit properly like the ps3. I also personally encountered issue with playing the game on ps3 with HDMI as specified a few posts ago but I've just switched over to component for the time being and there's no issue now. There's a thread on dustloop recording various bugs and such as well.
Really appreciated sir, thanks. ^_-

gutabo

Sad to hear the online sucks, hopefully they'll fix it somehow. I just saw a movie of Zappa vs Ky. I haven't played AC(only played up to slash) so please bare with me but isn't Zappa supposed to be able to dash below Ky's Stun Edges(not charged)? I didn't see that once in the AC+ vid I mentioned. Thanks in advance!

Joule

Sad to hear the online sucks, hopefully they'll fix it somehow. I just saw a movie of Zappa vs Ky. I haven't played AC(only played up to slash) so please bare with me but isn't Zappa supposed to be able to dash below Ky's Stun Edges(not charged)? I didn't see that once in the AC+ vid I mentioned. Thanks in advance!

Zappa should be able to go under both regular and charged stun edges afaik. Mind linking this video?

jbug617

Banned
The update is set for the Spring and will include Justice. Also there will be a Vita version next year

The Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R patch also adds a new logo, achievements/trophies, and a separate +R leaderboard. Arc System Works will also improve online play by speeding ranked match matchmaking up and improving settings settings for latency and area specifications. Players will also be able to select either the 1P or 2P side during online fights.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/1...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
New achievements...can they do that without charging for the update?

Joule

Good to know R+ is coming soon. Hopefully it delivers on all the lacking network options as well fixing the oddities like no random music in the ps3 version.

Naite

Hard to tell if they mean just latency filter options or actually better netcode. Sounds like the former.

I'll sit tight for a sale.

It's probably just better matchfinding.

With that and lobbies, I'm mostly satisfied. Most of the matches with good bar connections get taken up way to fast that custom search seems pretty pointless at the moment.

New achievements...can they do that without charging for the update?

I don't know about 360, but I'm pretty sure they can for PS3.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Picked up, haven't played since #Reload.

Anti-Aliasing makes the game a bit easier on the eyes compared to the AA being off/normal. In my opinion, of course.

I'm so rusty with Chipp but after struggling with Eddie (did they buff his damage and nerf Chipp's health or something?) for like 10-15 minutes I got past him.

I-no: Holy crap. I know how to fight her... in #Reload. But she does INSANE damage and Megalomania doesn't seem to be able to be easy dodged anymore. It seems like even if one ball hits your block, you suddenly eat a full-force attack: Hope you have a full tension bar or you're fucked! LOL!

...And this is "Normal" AI? D: I can't imagine Maniac AI I-no.

Joule

Picked up, haven't played since #Reload.

Anti-Aliasing makes the game a bit easier on the eyes compared to the AA being off/normal. In my opinion, of course.

I'm so rusty with Chipp but after struggling with Eddie (did they buff his damage and nerf Chipp's health or something?) for like 10-15 minutes I got past him.

I-no: Holy crap. I know how to fight her... in #Reload. But she does INSANE damage and Megalomania doesn't seem to be able to be easy dodged anymore. It seems like even if one ball hits your block, you suddenly eat a full-force attack: Hope you have a full tension bar or you're fucked! LOL!

The sine-wave patterns all have blind spots so just go into those. The frontal wave, just FD it. You could gold burst in her face for tension too. Otherwise it's just simple combo -> megalomania -> repeat.

TheSeks

I know that. But the cone one is impossible to dodge unless you jump over her and punishing her is no go since it'll have the balls hit you.

Naite

Chipp is one of the characters with the weakest defense in the game. I'm pretty sure it's the same value in both versions.

As for Boss I-no, she's mostly remained unchanged except the timing for her Megalomania is different. For her full-screen version, all you need to do is run up til you're a few pixels in front of her, then right when she's about to fire, you double jump straight up (or super jump if you're Potemkin).

Jeez

If only they would include lobbies and spectator. I would deposit money in the bank tomorrow if those two things were guaranteed. They are definitely taking their sweet time...

The full patch details mention both of those
http://www.guiltygearx.com/old/ggxxac/english_info.html

ScOULaris

So I loved GGXX back in the PS2 days, and I really want to be able to play online.

The only thing stopping me from buying this is what I've heard about the netcode. Is it really that bad? Are we talking KOF XII and XIII levels of shit here?

So I loved GGXX back in the PS2 days, and I really want to be able to play online.

The only thing stopping me from buying this is what I've heard about the netcode. Is it really that bad? Are we talking KOF XII and XIII levels of shit here?

I think matchmaking is jacked, so finding random people to play is hit or miss. But if you're playing with people you know have a decent connection, it's pretty butter.

So it sounds pretty much like the same experience that I had playing KOF 13 online. :\

The quality of the matches themselves are definitely a step up above KOF13 in my experience. If you're looking for any direct comparisons then I'd say Worse than SSF4 / Blazblue, probably at or around MvC3, and better than KOF13. The matches in and of themselves are definitely at playable levels in terms of stability / input lag goes. The bigger problem is that the game itself just really isnt conducive to online play, when some characters are made or broken by their ability to perform FRCs with 2-3 frame windows then anything less than GGPO really isn't going to fly in this case.

TheSeks

Finally beat I-No, but holy crap that last round was intense, she became GDLK on the second round to where I had to win the last round. Started to go insane around 30% health left and I had to chip her out with Chipp. Oy.

How do you get Order Sol to show up in Arcade mode?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finally beat I-No, but holy crap that last round was intense, she became GDLK on the second round to where I had to win the last round. Started to go insane around 30% health left and I had to chip her out with Chipp. Oy.

How do you get Order Sol to show up in Arcade mode?

Beat Arcade Mode without continuing. Or maybe it's without losing a round, I can't quite remember.

Either way...yeah, good luck.

Naite

It's win arcade mode without losing a round (I think you can lose to Boss I-no though), AND at least half of your rounds must be won via a super or instant kill.

Or you can just go into versus mode and fight Gold Order Sol since it's the same thing.

TheSeks

OH MY GOD. Portable version this summer then. :D!

(What the hell is Aime Card for those of us not in Japan/Arcades?)

Oh, this is for an arcade revision revision, apparently. Way to get my hopes up by posting it in the console release thread. D:

The quality of the matches themselves are definitely a step up above KOF13 in my experience. If you're looking for any direct comparisons then I'd say Worse than SSF4 / Blazblue, probably at or around MvC3, and better than KOF13. The matches in and of themselves are definitely at playable levels in terms of stability / input lag goes. The bigger problem is that the game itself just really isnt conducive to online play, when some characters are made or broken by their ability to perform FRCs with 2-3 frame windows then anything less than GGPO really isn't going to fly in this case.

This description basically puts it at KOF 13 level. If you can't play certain characters online then the online itself is not up to snuff if it basically makes certain characters crap.

Guilty Gear's online isn't up to snuff and I've known this since release. Aksys netcode isn't magic. It's designing the game for online from the getgo which makes blazblue seem amazing online.

Oh well. That's online gaming in a nutshell.

ArcSys did not make Arcana Heart 3.

They published it in America though. And didn't Arcana Heart 3 take a shitload of time to go from Arcade to home consoles despite having lifeless backgrounds, blurry sprites and the the grace of a run of the mill Doujin fighter?

If that game had shitty netcode, that thing would have nobody playing it. I rather play Blazblue than Arcana. At least there's fun to be had with Tager.

Top Bottom