• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus XBLA/PSN |OT| [NA PSN version is dated for 12/4]

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So how's the netcode? Sorry if this has been touched on already.

Naite

Went around trying to look for decent connections instead of going quick match this time. At 2 bars it's playable for me, but I still drop nearly all my link-heavy BnBs. Problem is I can barely find anything 2 bars or higher, and if I do, the room is already taken.

Going back to unlocking all the single player stuff for now.

Mikor

So how's the netcode? Sorry if this has been touched on already.

I have been trying to play with Vocab here on GAF and we have been unable to even connect to one another, much less play the game online. Not a good first impression.

Onemic

Went around trying to look for decent connections instead of going quick match this time. At 2 bars it's playable for me, but I still drop nearly all my link-heavy BnBs. Problem is I can barely find anything 2 bars or higher, and if I do, the room is already taken.

Going back to unlocking all the single player stuff for now.

Are on on PSN or Live?

We should get a GAF spreadsheet of usernames and locations so people can have an easier time finding good matches.

Busaiku

BRJpp.gif

Seriously, Bridget's sprite's eyes really freak me out.
It's so much more apparent in HD now.
I wish they redid the sprites for +R.

Busaiku

Busaiku you liar, you've totally played this game before. >:|

Of course I've played this game before, it's my favorite fighter ever.
I'm just really, really, really, really, really bad at it for all the hours I've put in.

And either I'm getting lag almost every match, or my inputs just aren't being properly registered.
I can rarely pull off a Starship or the sliding Roger thing.

TWILT

Banned
Real nice that more people can play this game now.
GGs Busaiku. Love this game even though I'm still bad lol. Mainly using Ky, though I want to learn to use Dizzy, Jam and Chipp too.

"Ride the lightning!"

Naite

I can't believe there's a trophy for being in training mode for 10 hours

Are on on PSN or Live?

We should get a GAF spreadsheet of usernames and locations so people can have an easier time finding good matches.

PSN : Nthenorm

I wouldn't mind a spreadsheet because I'm in western canada and could probably only play with a small portion of americans with a decent connection.

I can't believe there's a trophy for being in training mode for 10 hours

I couldn't believe I got one for what looked like turning the game on? I laughed.

Ten hours in training is legit. It'd be even more legit if it were ten hours at once, which I suspect it isn't.

Galdelico

One question guys: is this US PSN version identical to the japanese one and XBLA in terms of content/features? Does it still come out with untranslated chunks of text?

Busaiku

One question guys: is this US PSN version identical to the japanese one and XBLA in terms of content/features? Does it still come out with untranslated chunks of text?

Are you talking about like character names and such?
Yeah, that's been the case even on PS2/Wii.

Onemic

Is the netplay still horrible?

The main problem with the netplay isn't the code per se, it's the fact that you can't see anyone's ping if you're not doing custom searches. For me it's even worse because even with custom searches, the matches I try to join always end up failing because the game always says "room no longer exists" or something to that extent, even though the room will still be in the search list when I refresh the lobby list.

Galdelico

Are you talking about like character names and such?
Yeah, that's been the case even on PS2/Wii.
Thanks dude.
Yeah, I read something about movelists (?) and other bits left in japanese, but I didn't know it was the same in the other consoles' versions.
Is it possible to set the whole game in japanese? I tried the demo on the 360 but the options were locked so I couldn't check.

Busaiku

Thanks dude.
Yeah, I read something about movelists (?) and other bits left in japanese, but I didn't know it was the same in the other consoles' versions.
Is it possible to set the whole game in japanese? I tried the demo on the 360 but the options were locked so I couldn't check.

The game doesn't have the move names though, it just shows the inputs.
The only thing I can think of are character names.

I am thoroughly enjoy this game, playing this right off of the heels of BlazBlue and everything from the speed to the music and presentation are just really leaps and bounds above what I experienced in that game. Im having a lot more fun with the game itself and in that regard I dont think a single person can fault that. That said, I'm a bit curious as to why the hell ASW seems to have put next to no effort into the port of the game. There's no trial, tutorial, or any sort of revamp to the overall UI of the game. Especially when this is taken in comparison to Capcom's various retro HD releases this falls short in anything un-gameplay related.

The online interface is absolutely atrocious by the way, simultaneously ugly and bad. Like ignoring the fact that it's a clear step backwards in that Im not able to go into training mode while waiting and there's no lobbies in the game it just seems like it can't even sort out genuinely basic features. I can't see the ping indicator of a person who joins my room for example, so whether that person be 1 bar or 3 is just unknown until I try to pick a character.

The quality of my matches vary, two matches I've played and one was garbage (seriously KOF13 levels of bad being a legitimate comparison for how bad this single match was) and another where the connection was as smooth as I could ask for. A 1-2 Bar player Im playing right now is quite smooth as well. That said, GGPO this is not

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I still love this game so much. I've said for a long time now that online and exposure to the tourney scene has ruined fighters for me, but...not Guilty Gear. I have zero interest in playing online with GG. It's the one fighter that I can just enjoy myself with offline. Maybe it's because of all the time I put into it back in 2003-ish, but...I don't know. Other fighters will come and go, but Guilty Gear will always be the one I can just put on and have fun with.

88random

Man, I still love this game so much. I've said for a long time now that online and exposure to the tourney scene has ruined fighters for me, but...not Guilty Gear. I have zero interest in playing online with GG. It's the one fighter that I can just enjoy myself with offline. Maybe it's because of all the time I put into it back in 2003-ish, but...I don't know. Other fighters will come and go, but Guilty Gear will always be the one I can just put on and have fun with.

True that. Best fighter ever. I've been waiting too much for this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I am thoroughly enjoy this game, playing this right off of the heels of BlazBlue and everything from the speed to the music and presentation are just really leaps and bounds above what I experienced in that game. Im having a lot more fun with the game itself and in that regard I dont think a single person can fault that. That said, I'm a bit curious as to why the hell ASW seems to have put next to no effort into the port of the game. There's no trial, tutorial, or any sort of revamp to the overall UI of the game. Especially when this is taken in comparison to Capcom's various retro HD releases this falls short in anything un-gameplay related.

The online interface is absolutely atrocious by the way, simultaneously ugly and bad. Like ignoring the fact that it's a clear step backwards in that Im not able to go into training mode while waiting and there's no lobbies in the game it just seems like it can't even sort out genuinely basic features. I can't see the ping indicator of a person who joins my room for example, so whether that person be 1 bar or 3 is just unknown until I try to pick a character.

So, basically this is X-box Live GG:XX:TMC:#R level of bad with the netcode? Not surprising, given how old the "game"/GG:XX:TMC and it's revisions are, but still surprising that Arc couldn't nail or slowdown the game online to where it didn't feel like the netcode was bad.

Oh well, I'm focusing on offline playing against bots with Chipp play, which is more than enough for me since the scene around here is all about Capcom fighters and not Aniblu or Tits or Alive, so...

The quality of my matches vary, two matches I've played and one was garbage (seriously KOF13 levels of bad being a legitimate comparison for how bad this single match was) and another where the connection was as smooth as I could ask for. A 1-2 Bar player Im playing right now is quite smooth as well. That said, GGPO this is not
Absolutely mind bending rage is what I feel whenever I see this OT. Guilty Gear was my second most hyped release of the year after Skullgirls. No spectator or lobbies killed it for me. One of the top three reasons why I got my Gamecapture HD was for this game and the available pool of high quality players. *sigh*... maybe next year when they release the anniversary deluxe Remix that includes R version and missing features.

If they treat Guilty like this now then I don't even want to imagine what they'll do if they ever make an actual sequel. This reminds me of the "red headed stepchild" treatment Capcom gave to Mahvel while they showered SF and SFxT with attention.

Absolutely mind bending rage is what I feel whenever I see this OT. Guilty Gear was my second most hyped release of the year after Skullgirls. No spectator or lobbies killed it for me. One of the top three reasons why I got my Gamecapture HD was for this game and the available pool of high quality players. *sigh*... maybe next year when they release the anniversary deluxe Remix that includes R version and missing features.

If they treat Guilty like this now then I don't even want to imagine what they'll do if they ever make an actual sequel. This reminds me of the "red headed stepchild" treatment Capcom gave to Mahvel while they showered SF and SFxT with attention.

C'mon now. These are two completely different companies and circumstances. Whenever we get a new GG, it'll be up to whatever standards are current. The port not being up to whatever standards you have is one thing, but don't use that as an indicator for how they'll treat their mainline games.

Also, I don't understand why no lobbies or spectator kills the game for you. Well, I can kind of understand no spectator, but even without lobbies, you can run sets against people and record those. Isn't that what you've been doing?

And I can't help but notice your bad luck when choosing games to place all your hype in. First SG, and now GG.

C'mon now. These are two completely different companies and circumstances. Whenever we get a new GG, it'll be up to whatever standards are current. The port not being up to whatever standards you have is one thing, but don't use that as an indicator for how they'll treat their mainline games.

Also, I don't understand why no lobbies or spectator kills the game for you. Well, I can kind of understand no spectator, but even without lobbies, you can run sets against people and record those. Isn't that what you've been doing?

And I can't help but notice your bad luck when choosing games to place all your hype in. First SG, and now GG.
I never said they were the same. I just said it reminded me of that particular situation and how much it sucked. ASW and Capcom couldn't be any more different for the most part.

Also, yeah... my bad luck with this sort of thing kinda sucks. I'm pretty happy overall with SG so far though. Funny thing is that I wasn't all that hyped from day one. I never even chose to be the OT guy. People just voted me up so it kinda happened. My hype for the game came much later after tournaments like Powerup 2012.

I would discuss the whole spectator and lobby bit further in PMs if you are interested. You'll get nothing but civil conversation from me. I'm not gonna roast you or anything. :p

Onemic

Im in the same situation as you. My most hyped game of the year and it falls flat on its face in terms of online. The biggest thing for me is actually how you can't see someone else ping when joining a game. This make about 90% of the matches I play KOF XIII bad in terms of lag and what makes it even more rage inducing is that I can't even join custom search games where I can actually see the ping because the game keeps telling me the room no longer exists when it clearly does. I'm now relegated to only playing the game with people on my friends list. Feelsbadman.

Im still gonna support the game, but because of the circumstances it can no longer be my main game to play and practice on and has to be a game I play on occasion instead.

vocab

It's a minimal effort port just like the new version that's in arcades. They don't have to really make new assets. I don't think $15 is that bad, especially if we get the new shit via patch. However, the online shit is laughable, and its hard to believe the same company who did bb, and p4as amazing online is behind it.

Yeah, really just 0 complaints on the gameplay side of the things. Guilty Gear is Guilty Gear and bad online doesn't take away from how much I genuinely love playing this game. Cracking it open and getting into the meat and potatoes of the mechanics is going to be something I'm really going to enjoy over the next couple weeks. The few NA players I know I've played with have all offered smooth connections and as I mentioned before, I actually had a pretty decent run with the guy I was playing at 1-2 bars so its definitely playable to that degree. I haven't gotten into things like False Roman Cancels and such though so we'll see how that all plays out when I actually learn some combos and need to rely on specific timings for things.

Feel free to add me anytime and shoot me a message on PSN if any of you want to run some sets.
PSN: DiscoShark

I'll be looking forward to playing you too Q.
;)

I never said they were the same. I just said it reminded me of that particular situation and how much it sucked. ASW and Capcom couldn't be any more different for the most part.

Also, yeah... my bad luck with this sort of thing kinda sucks. I'm pretty happy overall with SG so far though. Funny thing is that I wasn't all that hyped from day one. I never even chose to be the OT guy. People just voted me up so it kinda happened. My hype for the game came much later after tournaments like Powerup 2012.

I would discuss the whole spectator and lobby bit further in PMs if you are interested. You'll get nothing but civil conversation from me. I'm not gonna roast you or anything. :p

With no similarities, I don't see how you made that connection, but yea, both situations suck.

And yea, if you think you can explain the lobby/spectator thing to me, shoot me a pm.

Busaiku

Good stuff Beats and Milk.

I really need to get down the Yoyo ranges.
I keep using Kick Start My Heart cause I'm a scrub and don't know where exactly I can use the Yoyo to hit.

I might need to wear my glasses...

Naite

Did about 20 or so matches today through quick match and only one of them really lagged badly for me. Using the search filters in player matches is really messed up.

My Order Sol has become terrible. I forgot nearly everything except charge cancelling and the corner loop of his throw.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I LOVE the new(-ish) Survival Mode. Leveling up and increasing your stats adds a whole new layer to it. So much fun.

EDIT: Tip for anyone having trouble with some of the stuff in Mission Mode: The CPU almost NEVER blocks on wakeup. This is pretty much an instant win card if used right.

Joule

Has anybody else on PS3 run into the issue of losing audio and video while playing the game? My TV would blink back and forth from losing signal until it just remained lost. It doesn't seem to only come about when playing Guilty Gear as I experienced it when playing P4A later. Uninstalled GG and the problem seems gone. Reinstalled it thinking it might have been a corrupt download somehow but the problem returns.

Is there some issue with GG and HDMI? I've found one other person who has encountered the same problem here. Never had such a issue prior to installing GG and I've had no similar issue with the 360 version.

Soulstar

The online is incredibly bare bones but I'm still having alot of fun. Just being able to play against a human opponent is markedly more fun.

Now I just need to relearn how to play Baiken.

Top Bottom