• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Do what I do - and what all brave mobile suit pilots do.

SHOOT THEM IN THE BACK

Thats basically what its boiling down to lol Either that or from the side. Found out with the larger beam shots the rounds from my cannon get vaporized along side of it too. D: So cant really get em in at an angle unfortunately. Was messing with that a lot today.

My resolve to not get this is crumbling by the second. Can you use a mic for online? If I do finally cave in (which seems bloody likely at this point) are there any eurogaffers planning on picking this up? Might be fun to finally play this against human opponents. I've played almost every iteration till rengou vs zaft 2 plus and have played next plus but I've never played a human oponent. So I probably suck badly:)

My resolve to not get this is crumbling by the second. Can you use a mic for online? If I do finally cave in (which seems bloody likely at this point) are there any eurogaffers planning on picking this up? Might be fun to finally play this against human opponents. I've played almost every iteration till rengou vs zaft 2 plus and have played next plus but I've never played a human oponent. So I probably suck badly:)

Don't remember them confirming anything with a mic for FB, and since EXVS didn't have one, let's just say no. And yes, there are several EU peeps that will play the game including myself.

Look at the FB PSN list at the end of the OP and you can see where people are from.

Don't remember them confirming anything with a mic for FB, and since EXVS didn't have one, let's just say no. And yes, there are several EU peeps that will play the game including myself.

Look at the FB PSN list at the end of the OP and you can see where people are from.

Thanks! When I finally decide I'll give out my jp PSN.

NEO0MJ

Those suits with huge feet look real stupid, never liked any of those designs. Biggest offenders are the O and that Ex-s, ridiculous.

What? The O's feet are awesome. And EX-S only has huge knees.
Guessing from your avatar though you prefer your mechs with no legs at all.

So many zakus and not enough GMs. D:

Still praying for this as DLC in the future. Was my favorite unit in the arcades besides the GM Command.

They should add the king of GMs.

ideon_full1_zpse5c86658.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Played some really great online matches with Common Writer today.
Man, I'm terrible at this game and we've lost everything but it was fun anyway.

Tried playing as Red Frame and while it was way harder to do anything compared to Unicorn or Heavy Arms, it wasn't half as bad as I thought, so maybe I'll try making him one of my mains anyway.

But I'm done with the normal Ex Vs, sold it today for 500 yen, because the trade-in price will probably drop to something like 100-200 yen in the coming days.
Please slap on the decals, it looks so plain without them :(
I wanted to do that, but after putting it together I was so tired, that I totally forgot about it. It's on my desk at work now, so I think I'll pass. Don't want people to laugh at me at how terrible I am when it comes to pasting stickers.

kollapse

Neo Member
I wanted to do that, but after putting it together I was so tired, that I totally forgot about it. It's on my desk at work now, so I think I'll pass. Don't want people to laugh at me at how terrible I am when it comes to pasting stickers.

I wish very, very much that I had a job where I could keep gunpla on my desk, but it just wouldn't fly here.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wish very, very much that I had a job where I could keep gunpla on my desk, but it just wouldn't fly here.
Half of the desks where I work are filled with anime figures etc., so no one is even surprised when they see 4 gunplas on mine.

Ontopic:
Only 2,5 days to go!

Parakeetman

If you're up in around 2100-2200 GMT, it should be around then.

Thats about hmm 3-4 h give or take then.

I'm in the yellow/orange despite having a 100Mbit connection AND living in Japan.
I'm calling NTT tomorrow to get this fixed.

No idea what mine is, as I rarely play games online that much. Though Id consider it serviceable, guess we will find out in a couple of hours.

Beckx

Hrm. Really would rather be digital than physical but I ordered from AmiAmi, which has no cancellation option.

Wondering whether to go ahead and buy from PSN and when the AmiAmi invoice arrives, I assume if I don't pay they'll cancel the order. Anyone ever done this?

If you don't mind a semi-lurker joining in on EXVS, I get out of class in 45 minutes then free for the rest of the day. I'll try not to suck too hard lol

Coxy

Hrm. Really would rather be digital than physical but I ordered from AmiAmi, which has no cancellation option.

Wondering whether to go ahead and buy from PSN and when the AmiAmi invoice arrives, I assume if I don't pay they'll cancel the order. Anyone ever done this?

They might ban your account if you do that

little disappointed they didnt ship it already, they shipped OG EXVS out to me like 2 weeks or more before the release date

little disappointed they didnt ship it already, they shipped OG EXVS out to me like 2 weeks or more before the release date

AmiAmi has been pretty good about processing your order early lately, but strict about holding on to it and not shipping until the official release day.

If you don't mind a semi-lurker joining in on EXVS, I get out of class in 45 minutes then free for the rest of the day. I'll try not to suck too hard lol

Yup, it's all good :)

Now would be a good time for y'all to jump on the GundamGAF IRC. It'll be a lot easier to communicate during our matches then ^^

server: Espernet
room: #gafgundam

I'm still waiting to get the payment notice for AmiAmi.

I thought they would have asked for that seeing as though it releases in 3 days

Beckx

I can't believe I'm going to be installing mIRC in 2014. :D

Any good web client or chrome extension for IRC (to use on a chromebook)?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

You can just make another one.

I've done it no problems though

I wouldn't even sweat it though unless you order stuff from them regularly.

Yup, it's all good :)

Now would be a good time for y'all to jump on the GundamGAF IRC. It'll be a lot easier to communicate during our matches then ^^

server: Espernet
room: #gafgundam

I'll have to get in on that. The hype is getting to me so I'll pick it up early instead of waiting a month like I was

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
People shitting on GBF?
What is this, insanity day?

Also, a Breaker/GBF+EXVS game would be pure sex.

mcmmaster

So pumped for this, put my preorder last night.

Quick question if anyone knows, is the game strictly 2v2? Wondering if there's an option to do 1v1 online, i assume 1v1 is available already for splitscreen but was just want to clarify if it's also available online.

JKTrix

It's not at all balanced for 1v1, but you could negotiate ways to play 1 vs 1. It's definitely playing it 'wrong', though, especially if you're taking it seriously.

One person, using very fundamental techniques, could basically run away from you the entire game and there wouldn't be much you could do to them unless they mess up.

If you're in a room with 6 or 10 people, there are chances that you'll be in an 'off' group of two when the others are playing a 2vs2 match. Then it will be just you and an AI vs the other human and its AI. If you wanted to you could fight during that period.

Just wondering for the friendslist doc, how can we edit it if we messed up? Mines not major just jumped forward a spot and seems like a question was added.

Also shoutouts to maintenance happening right when we started adding people.
I logged on then immediately got 3 friend requests, that was some nice timing.

Luigi87

So in the past week I've re-ordered this, ordered a MG Hi-Nu, and a couple of cans of Top Coat spray (as I didn't have any atm)...

Damn you GUNDAM!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It's not at all balanced for 1v1, but you could negotiate ways to play 1 vs 1. It's definitely playing it 'wrong', though, especially if you're taking it seriously.

One person, using very fundamental techniques, could basically run away from you the entire game and there wouldn't be much you could do to them unless they mess up.

Isn't that why the timer is in place though? Running the timer isn't a win condition as even in 2v2 it seems the potential to evade indefinitely seems pretty high

Although I have heard of people trying to run the timer in arcade when down by an irrecoverable deficit which seems pretty funny to me. If I don't get to play NO ONE DOES

Parakeetman

What connection icon did you have?

For my own connection full up green when played some random matches with other JP folks.

Forgot to glance at it when playing with everyone else.

My issue earlier with the bars being red was due to my PS3 being in wireless mode for whatever reason. Redid the internet connection settings and went straight to full green after.

For my own connection full up green when played some random matches with other JP folks.

Forgot to glance at it when playing with everyone else.

My issue earlier with the bars being red was due to my PS3 being in wireless mode for whatever reason. Redid the internet connection settings and went straight to full green after.

He was probably red to me though, under the assumption we ever connected. xD

Seishin

After years of waiting it's almost here. I can't wait. Only just managed to place an order for it myself.

Also, this might be a little late, but the opening post is amazing and informative.

Top Bottom