• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing really well last night with tallgeese and and f91 but have been struggling with hyaku shiki today.

Need to read up dome strategy on this game. Oh and learn how to block :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Lol me too. I felt bad for whoever was my teammate last night. :p

Funny thing is my very first match online I won....it went downhill from there.

I won a match last night as a Zaku II. Once I picked a more expensive unit, it was embarrassing.

up+down is blocking

I'm pretty sure it's down+up, though I'm not sure the order matters.

Is anyone else finding the emblem missions to be really hard? I've gotten two of the emblems, but FUCK! I just cannot S rank some of these. I keep getting an A. It looks like you can't die even once if you want an S Rank.

Heh, that's rather interesting considering I had some LittleBigPlanet Gundam stuff pop up on their blog awhile back. :3

But damn, I am trying to feed the need for this game by playing SDGO, Next Plus, and Seed Destiny Plus in no particular order. >__<

At least my YesAsia order is ready to be shipped now as well. ^^

I really wanna play with/against you GAF!!!

RMBwo.jpg

Coxy

grats on the internet fame dude :p that gif will be getting use for years to come

my yesasia order has been "ready for shipping" for well over a day now :( I think they wont ship until monday

Astery

I won a match last night as a Zaku II. Once I picked a more expensive unit, it was embarrassing.

Is anyone else finding the emblem missions to be really hard? I've gotten two of the emblems, but FUCK! I just cannot S rank some of these. I keep getting an A. It looks like you can't die even once if you want an S Rank.

yep guard is down+up.

for the trial missions, you can upgrade your unit if you find it too difficult. In the choose unit screen, press triangle on the unit you want to upgrade. It will use MP points to upgrade which you get from completing trial missions.

I'm stuck at the one where you have to solo 3 Destroy all at the same time. When they turn into MA mode there's nothing much I can do.

grats on the internet fame dude :p that gif will be getting use for years to come

my yesasia order has been "ready for shipping" for well over a day now :( I think they wont ship until monday

LOL, that gif will be my legacy to Gundam-GAF.

But I totally know how you feel. Are monkeys handling the shipping and stock over there at YesAsia? I'm glad I decided to get a second copy from japanvideogames, even though I had to change the address recently to where I'll be in Sweden for the next week and a half. Terribad timing for this business trip, but hopefully I'll be rocking it like Nobel Gundam by Monday or Tuesday since it's in the air right now, according to tracking.

thetrin said:
I'm pretty sure it's down+up

Yup.

controlsps3pad.png

Yes, I went from using 2500-3000 unit's to 1000-2000 pretty much. I did win a bit but I think it was mostly luck.

The game is addicting though and love how stable online play is. My connection is yellow and everyone else is red but it plays so smoothly! I'm loving that. :)

The game is addicting though and love how stable online play is. My connection is yellow and everyone else is red but it plays so smoothly! I'm loving that. :)

That's good to know, especially for EU-GAF. It's times like this though I definitely miss Verizon FIOS back at my old place in LA. =(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
yep guard is down+up.

for the trial missions, you can upgrade your unit if you find it too difficult. In the choose unit screen, press triangle on the unit you want to upgrade. It will use MP points to upgrade which you get from completing trial missions.

I'm stuck at the one where you have to solo 3 Destroy all at the same time. When they turn into MA mode there's nothing much I can do.

Yeah, I figured I'd have to upgrade and come back. Though, that doesn't really help for emblem missions that require you use a specific suit. (unless you spend points upgrading a unit you'll never use again)

I've been having marginal moment-to-moment success with Red Frame, though I feel like I don't know some integral moves. I've seen opponents do some devastating combos in close range with Red Frame. Anyone know how to use him more effectively?

Waited as long as I could for the mail to show up before taking the car to the shop...turns out I JUST missed it. Now I won't be able to pick it up from the post office until Monday morning. Dammit :(.

Haha yeah I know the command to block. Just can't time it right. Especially when I get rushed down by melee.

Been having okay luck with F91 today tho.

Wait wtf it's the middle of the morning what am I still doing online x.x

JKTrix

Yeah, I figured I'd have to upgrade and come back. Though, that doesn't really help for emblem missions that require you use a specific suit. (unless you spend points upgrading a unit you'll never use again)

There are skills in Trial mode that you can unlock too that might help. They seem to be useable all the time, not like the once-per-route ones in Next Plus.

The ones I've figured out (basically the ones with easy english and numbers):

#6: Reduce your cost by 500
#13: Raise HP by 100 Lv2
#14: Slowly regenerate health Lv1
#16: Raise battle gauge by 1000 Lv1
#20: Start the match with full EX gauge
#22: CPU level up slightly Lv1

Ones I have but haven't quite figured out:
#2: Something about locking on
#8: Something about boost canceling and gauges and 75% Lv1
#15: Something about 1.5 damage and earning 1.2x MP Lv1
#21: Something about the EX gauge, maybe it lowers slower when activated Lv1

There are skills in Trial mode that you can unlock too that might help. They seem to be useable all the time, not like the once-per-route ones in Next Plus.

The ones I've figured out (basically the ones with easy english and numbers):

#6: Reduce your cost by 500
#13: Raise HP by 100
#16: Raise battle gauge by 1000
#20: Start the match with full EX gauge
#22: CPU level up slightly

Ones I have but haven't quite figured out:
#2: Something about locking on
#8: Something about boost canceling and gauges and 75%
#15: Something about 1.5 damage and earning 1.2x MP
#21: Something about the EX gauge, maybe it lowers slower when activated

There's also another one that gives you regen throughout the match. Don't know if this applies to all the skills, but they level up as well.

JKTrix

Ninja edit! (For both of your points :p)

I'm not sure if there are only 22 skills, or if I only see 22 slots since #22 is the highest one I've gotten so far. I'm also not sure if the different levels are different skills, because I already had that one Level 2 skill before I even started using skills. Not sure how they level up.

Ninja edit! (For both of your points :p)

I'm not sure if there are only 22 skills, or if I only see 22 slots since #22 is the highest one I've gotten so far. I'm also not sure if the different levels are different skills, because I already had that one Level 2 skill before I even started using skills. Not sure how they level up.
After watching someone's stream, it seemed as if they leveled up with usage. Just a guess, though.

Bebpo

Banned
Just got this and went through arcade mode with Amuro. The last Gundam vs I played was on PS2 and this is SO AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There's just so many suits and they all have deep gameplay and movelists. Wowwww

Also I forgot they use vocal theme songs...so good!

The only thing I don't like is the stupid "SHINY SHADER" they put on some suits like Turn-X and Louise's MA. I wish Japan would stop using that filter. It looks bad whereas all the cell-shading looks great.

Ok, now gameplay help needed:

Playing as Amuro in RX-78 it was really hard for me to get in melee range. Is RX-78 just slow and a long distance attacker with his bazooka, spear, and support guntank? Or is there a way to dash straight at an enemy besides just doing tap forward, forward small boost dashes? When I press the boost button "X" I just seem to jump straight up so I'm using double taps to move around entirely.

JKTrix

Double tap X.

If you're not too far away, when you try to initiate melee you will automatically boost towards the character too. You can evade or otherwise prolong your trip during this 'melee dash' by double direction tapping, or what I think they call the Rainbow Step (you'll have a colourful blur behind you when you do this).

You can do this 'rainbow step' while you're actually hitting someone with melee too, it cancels the move and you can start over.

Shouta

Welcome to the fold, Bebpo! I told you this game was awesome. =p

Anyway, long melee combos happen but only up to a certain point. You have what's called a Down Value and it knock you to the ground after a certain amount of hits. It's why some moves will knock you down in fewer hits while others will do a lot more. It's something to worry about at higher levels of play but it's nice to pay attention to it when you're playing against the AI too. Once you knock the AI down, you can move away from them or on to another target.

Bebpo

Banned
Random thoughts after playing TWO HOURS NON-STOP

1. This is still very AWESOME

2. This is probably the best competitive Gundam game yet. Hell, mecha game.

3. I like how they use the support units to make grunt characters AWESOME. In normal games like Gundam Musou grunts are boring to play as because of their limited movelist. Here instead, stuff like A'gai is FREAKING BADASS because he has a different helper dude with a cool attack assigned to each button.

4. Adding to that, I love how every unit is really unique and has many unique gameplay systems. From Strike's pack switching (super cool), to Unicorn mode, to 008th MS's guy GIANT GUN, to transformations, etc...etc... With everyone from grunts up being useful and everyone being varied there is seriously SO MUCH GAMEPLAY

5. God Gundam is fucking awesome.

6. Trial mode is a pretty fun single player. I did the novice 20 missions and working on the normal 44 missions now. The extra missions are pretty hard! Is there another set after normal and before extra?

7. Get the feeling that this will be one of those games where trophies are near impossible for normal players so you play 20 hours and have like 5% trophies. I haven't gotten a single one yet.

8. Extreme Gundam on the B-path with his giant pink girly dress is A PAIN IN THE ASS. Giant spinning walls of lasers destroying the entire field. Is there anyway to even avoid those attacks? I finally beat him by telling my AI guy to concentrate on him with me and just tried to power attack him to death ASAP.

9. Strike Freedom is really tough to use. Seems like a high level play unit. The funnels are reaaaally slow to take off, so if they miss it's a huge waste. His belly beam locks him standing in place and if you miss you are screwed. His EXTREME BURST attack w/meteor also locks him into place so if you miss that you are screwed. His normal shot is just ok and his melee doesn't seem all that great. I had a tough time going through the B-branch of arcade mode with him. Seems like you need to focus on enemies looking at your partner and then funnel them to death while getting close and doing melee and belly beam and extreme burst snipes from medium distance. Does he not have the famous "stand still and fire every weapon on his body" attack? I couldn't find it if he did. That's my favorite Freedom move :p

10. Played some matches online. Seems decent enough netcode, was playing with a couple yellows and one red and couldn't tell too much. Kept losing but that's because I don't know how to play and people rush into me with Susano/Deathscythe melee and I can't beat them in their melee game.

11. Exia seems a little underpowered since Susano has transam as a move and Unicorn has Destroy mode as a move, but Exia has to wait until EXTREME BURST to use transam. Probably the same thing with Dynamos.

12. Cherubim was a lot of fun to play as. I like that sniper build is actually usable in a game like this.

13. Love how 0079 Char Geloog calls in GIANT FREAKING SHIP on you. lololol

14. Don't like how 00 S1 doesn't have a CG cutscene :( Also lack of Wing TV is a bit sad.

15. Game just reminds me again how Destiny had the best non-vocal BGMs of any Gundam (although Unicorn main theme is equally on par, but SEED wins in quantity of great BGMs). Playing with Strike music is so epic!

16. I love how Turn A's winning pose has him holding hands with little green dude awwww :3

I really want to play with some gaffers! I don't think I have enough of you guys on my friendslist because when I looked no one on my list was online playing this! Can we get a post that just has everyone who is playing this to make it easier to arrange some gaf rooms (and US rooms would be helpful for lag). My PSN is = bebpojp

Zapages

LOL, that gif will be my legacy to Gundam-GAF.

controlsps3pad.png

Thank you!!! :) I am doing well with Heavy Arms (normally when I am playing). But online its Double Zeta mixed with anything I could find my hands on... I have gotten better with the game. But still not as good as I was back in Gundam vs Zeta Gundam days. lol :)

Fun game... I wonder if someone should create a chat group and invite all of us onto it on the PS3 so we can get our own lobby set up or something for matches. :)

Few questions though. Everytime I enter Trial mode it changes a bit until it recycles back. Also how do you equip anything you gain from trial mode?

Shouta

Random thoughts after playing TWO HOURS NON-STOP

8. Extreme Gundam on the B-path with his giant pink girly dress is A PAIN IN THE ASS. Giant spinning walls of lasers destroying the entire field. Is there anyway to even avoid those attacks? I finally beat him by telling my AI guy to concentrate on him with me and just tried to power attack him to death ASAP.

As I recall, just keep away and fire at it. Boost Dash a lot to send out volleys of attacks but it's been awhile since I've fought the pink dress form.

9. Strike Freedom is really tough to use. Seems like a high level play unit. The funnels are reaaaally slow to take off, so if they miss it's a huge waste. His belly beam locks him standing in place and if you miss you are screwed. His EXTREME BURST attack w/meteor also locks him into place so if you miss that you are screwed. His normal shot is just ok and his melee doesn't seem all that great. I had a tough time going through the B-branch of arcade mode with him. Seems like you need to focus on enemies looking at your partner and then funnel them to death while getting close and doing melee and belly beam and extreme burst snipes from medium distance. Does he not have the famous "stand still and fire every weapon on his body" attack? I couldn't find it if he did. That's my favorite Freedom move :p

SF is actually pretty top tier and somewhat friendly to new players. It has a lot of advantages but you just have to know the basics to really play it. You can cancel the Dragoon animation by Boost Dashing out of it. They'll still launch as you move. The Hi-mat attack is for hitting folks as they land or hitting folks when they aren't looking. You can also do the Dragoon Full Burst by setting the Dragoons around you (hit the launch button without pushing another direction) and then doing the Hi-Mat Burst.

No one ever uses the Meteor attack so don't worry too much, heh.

11. Exia seems a little underpowered since Susano has transam as a move and Unicorn has Destroy mode as a move, but Exia has to wait until EXTREME BURST to use transam. Probably the same thing with Dynamos.

Exia has better ranged than Susanoo and has a revival move where it comes back as Exia Repair when you die and it would cost you the match. Susanoo's Trans-Am also only activates once per life where as Exia's can activate whenever he has Extreme Burst, though that effectively is roughly once a life.

lupinko

Amazing game, but really different from GvG and GvGN. I like how the MFs are buff again (Dragon is really cool!), Master still doesn't have triple jump/cartwheel rolls, though those were removed in GvGN, unless it's there and it's a new command.

Haven't been able to figure out SPD with ZZ, though I don't remember if that was even in GvGN, I think only GvG.

2P splitscreen is still fun, but the screen is really small (it wasn't so bad when I played with my buddy because we played on a 52" Aquos) and is 30fps.

I actually tried out the 2P vs first, but then when I went into single player, my brain melted from AWESOMENESS, 60fps in 1280x720p GLORY, SOOOOO BESTKAJDOIWEJKSAJLKFJALKJK.

Anyway never forget.

iTUhZ5IJbh2wW.gif

Astery

Thank you!!! :) I am doing well with Heavy Arms (normally when I am playing). But online its Double Zeta mixed with anything I could find my hands on... I have gotten better with the game. But still not as good as I was back in Gundam vs Zeta Gundam days. lol :)

Fun game... I wonder if someone should create a chat group and invite all of us onto it on the PS3 so we can get our own lobby set up or something for matches. :)

Few questions though. Everytime I enter Trial mode it changes a bit until it recycles back. Also how do you equip anything you gain from trial mode?

for skills, press square button in the trial mission briefing screen.

For emblems, you have to set it from main menu> Briefing Room> player data> status, then press triangle.

I guess I'll open a chat room later today when I get home, you guys can add me to friend list first at the time being. :D

my psn ID is same as my username here.

thetrin

I get a cool 60 fps when I'm playing. No question.

Kusano123

Neo Member
She's actually kind of weak. The thing to remember is that she doesn't move very fast in armored move so Boost Dash away from her while shooting to take her armor out.

If we get gaf games going, I can give tips over skype or something as we play.

That sounds neat, but I live in Canada. My internet isn't that great either, so I think my ping is going to take a quite dip with skype on. However, it's worth a try if we can all get together and practice :D. I played some of Next at the arcades but never got the hang of it and mostly did poorly against intermediate players.

'Your copy'?

Splitscreen really does take a noticeable fps drop.

No doubt, it's the same case for the SEED VS games.

Zapages

for skills, press square button in the trial mission briefing screen.

For emblems, you have to set it from main menu> Briefing Room> player data> status, then press triangle.

I guess I'll open a chat room later today when I get home, you guys can add me to friend list first at the time being. :D

my psn ID is same as my username here.

Thanks dude. I just finished Normal and easy trial mode. Now a new trial mode has opened addition to hard mode, I think.

Bebpo

Banned
I really like the single player mode. It controls and plays better than most single player gundam games! They should just take this engine and make a full campaign from it.

Anyhow, how the hell do I beat the gundam with my zaku kai in the 0080 scenario? I do like zero damage, I'm slower, and I die in a few hits and have no resupply.

TreIII

Amazing game, but really different from GvG and GvGN. I like how the MFs are buff again (Dragon is really cool!), Master still doesn't have triple jump/cartwheel rolls, though those were removed in GvGN, unless it's there and it's a new command.

Haven't been able to figure out SPD with ZZ, though I don't remember if that was even in GvGN, I think only GvG.

It was in NEXT as well. That's what easily made ZZ one of my fave units to play in NEXT.

Anyway, I would love to say I played this game more, but I think I came down with a case of the flu. I hope to be able to get my Gundam on next week.

Zapages

I really like the single player mode. It controls and plays better than most single player gundam games! They should just take this engine and make a full campaign from it.

Anyhow, how the hell do I beat the gundam with my zaku kai in the 0080 scenario? I do like zero damage, I'm slower, and I die in a few hits and have no resupply.

upgrade the gundam for the scenario: I think its like this:

Circle - choose mission
Circle - chose gundam suit
Triangle - to customize gundam

I think the first option is life and use the mps that you have earned to upgrade the gundam.

I am using Heavy Arms for most of the trials as he is so easy to defeat enemies with it. :)

I really wish there was campaign mode like in Gundam vs Gundam Zeta... The game feels hollow without it a bit. That made the game so much fun.

JKTrix

Lure to the Santas, shoot the Santas.

Don't be close to the Santas.

Time to resort to blaming lag for all my failures since things have gotten this bad. But pretty much everything I do is apparently wrong because any time I do something I never manage to hit my opponent and just eat a whole lot of damage.

Should've played Gundam VS Zeta where you can play alternate storylines in the Zeta universe from doing certain conditions in the Gundam playthrough (i.e. Char goes straight to leading Neo Zeon instead of Haman, Amuro joins the Titans, etc.)

Seed Destiny's Plus mode was pretty awesome as well since you play as Shinn (and literally everyone else from the show) from training camp through the entire Destiny storyline without the filler crap from the anime and can unlock multiple storyline line paths and endings as well.

It's just that there's so much from all the stories in the Gundam series in EXVS that it's just easier to take bits and pieces from their history as trials vs making a whole new storyline campaign.

ACESmkII

Quick question, I'm using a fighting stick and I can't figure out what button combo will fire weapon 3 for the Sazabi. Does anyone know?

Ken

Any sites that aren't charging really high prices like NCSX or is $100+ what all the stores pricing this game at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom