• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
Where did the song they're using for Turn A series come from? I don't remember happy goofy jpop in Turn A.

LegatoB

Where did the song they're using for Turn A series come from? I don't remember happy goofy jpop in Turn A.
Century Color was the second opening theme, played for the last 15 episodes or so.

I hate Trial Mode. This game was not designed to have more than two targets to switch between, and lord does it show when you're trying to fight off 5 or 6 mooks. The rest of the game owns, though.

Bebpo

Banned
aha! Been a while since I watched Turn A and all the other games always use the 1st OP or instrumental or ED.

Is there a good faq/wiki in English or Japanese that has the full move list for every unit? Since there's no practice mode, sometimes it's kind of annoying just trying to figure out all the moves of your character and what they do. Also does EVERYONE have an extreme burst attack to do while in burst mode? Because I swear a bunch of people I go into burst mode with R3 and then hit R3 and they just jump in the air and do nothing. Man, I wish the game had a "command list" in the pause menu like how 2d/3d fighters do. There are a few things that feel a bit dated in 90s Japanese game design here.

JKTrix

practice mode

Free battle, set the CPU to stop, then set time and life gauges to 'infinite'. If you want, you can lower your handicap and raise the CPU's handicap to make them die slower, since they don't get infinite health.

I've been using the Japanese wiki to figure out some of the melee stuff myself.

lupinko

I will continue to use my OG mains of Master and Hyaku Shiki, but will add God, Dragon and Sinaju. Feels good, feels good man.

Shouta

Good matches levyanime, getting better! You need to boost dash and step cancel more and stay closer to the ground so you have boost.

JKTrix

I guess it was a good thing that I left levy so he could play with more experienced folk. I was holding him back!

And he can't post to say otherwise!

Shouta

Actually, I was kind of handicapping myself against levy. >_> I turned off my AI partner and went 2v1 against levy and the AI.

Shouta

Can add a few of us on PSN and invite. We'll figure something out about getting games on more regularly. I'm on the latest because I'm in Japan but uh, I'm an arcade player so =x

lupinko

Can add a few of us on PSN and invite. We'll figure something out about getting games on more regularly. I'm on the latest because I'm in Japan but uh, I'm an arcade player so =x

I'm also an arcade player of gvg and gvgn, glad to see my skills transferred fine to gev! :D

Wazzim

Banned
I SS ranked all missions in MSG Chronicles on the PSP. Take that!
Never tried multiplayer though, I'll probably get destroyed when not playing against the AI :p

I know this has probably been brought up before a lot of times. But is there any chance that the game will be localized in North America? I wouldn't even mind the vocals being untouched, I'm not too fussy.

lupinko

I know this has probably been brought up before a lot of times. But is there any chance that the game will be localized in North America? I wouldn't even mind the vocals being untouched, I'm not too fussy.

Not likely and just follow the import links.

LOL

Serious answer though:
LOL

There's a better chance of another Tatsunoko VS Capcom happening before EXVS comes stateside.

It can't be that unlikely. :( Tales of Graces F is happening, anything is possible.
The last VS game to come out stateside was Gundam vs Zeta Gundam on the PS2 with lackluster reviews and sales. Crossfire on the PS3 didn't help. The DW: Gundams are a fluke thanks to Koei and the DW franchise itself. Gundam is a dying franchise in the west, sadly. I would like to hope some hero in Scamco is trying to champion this game like crazy in the states. Our best hope is that the fighting game community embraces it like crazy and who knows what happens from there.

lupinko

The last VS game to come out stateside was Gundam vs Zeta Gundam on the PS2 with lackluster reviews and sales. Crossfire on the PS3 didn't help. The DW: Gundams are a fluke thanks to Koei and the DW franchise itself. Gundam is a dying franchise in the west, sadly. I would like to hope some hero in Scamco is trying to champion this game like crazy in the states. Our best hope is that the fighting game community embraces it like crazy and who knows what happens from there.

I dunno, this game to be played properly would require 4 PS3s, 4 copies of the game and 4 screens.

I don't think I will ever play 2P split screen ever again after playing the game the way it was meant to be.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Weird, I thought "Extreme Vs." was only available on PS3, while the arcade version didn't have all the units etc. That said, today in Ikebukuro I played on an "Extreme Vs." machine, which had the same Gundams as the console version.
Didn't have a chance to play multiplayer, but I've cleared almost whole arcade mode with a stranger. After reading this OT and remembering some of the more advance moves it was much easier than before, when I didn't know what's going on.

I dunno, this game to be played properly would require 4 PS3s, 4 copies of the game and 4 screens.

I don't think I will ever play 2P split screen ever again after playing the game the way it was meant to be.
I feel you. Even Seed Destiny Plus' split screen was better even though it cutout a bit of the viewing field.

That said, do we know if anyone with two or more copies have tried system link even though there doesn't seem to be a visible option for it in game? Namco did a live event where they showed system link play.

lupinko

Weird, I thought "Extreme Vs." was only available on PS3, while the arcade version didn't have all the units etc. That said, today in Ikebukuro I played on an "Extreme Vs." machine, which had the same Gundams as the console version.
Didn't have a chance to play multiplayer, but I've cleared almost whole arcade mode with a stranger. After reading this OT and remembering some of the more advance moves it was much easier than before, when I didn't know what's going on.

Extreme Vs is for both Arcade System 357 and PS3, Bamco didn't bother to rename the port this time around.

Also the arcade version receives updates via the server all the time, when the game first came out there was no Sinanju, CB-X2, etc...

I want Bamco to make a SRW game already with this series, they can continue to update GEV with more units/patches, but the next game better be SRW. I want to bring the pain with Sirbine dammit!!!

Raphael was just recently released in the arcades on the 29th. Hi-Nu should show up later on in the month, but I'm unaware of the schedule for Dynames and Blue Frame as they should not be in the arcades yet.

Shouta

Man, using a pad feels so good in this, it's amazing I ever played on a stick for this.

Anyway, Twin Sat Cannon and Twin Buster Rifles landing everywhere, soooo good.

Xater

Man, using a pad feels so good in this, it's amazing I ever played on a stick for this.

Anyway, Twin Sat Cannon and Twin Buster Rifles landing everywhere, soooo good.

Told you guys it should be no problem playing with a pad. I thought it worked great on the PSP and that thing really isn't optimal for it.

Soooo close...My copy is being processed by the local mail facility so I SHOULD have it for tomorrow.

Question for people who bought this and played in the arcades. Are you guys still using sticks (if you have them) or are you ditching for pads?

Shouta

Soooo close...My copy is being processed by the local mail facility so I SHOULD have it for tomorrow.

Question for people who bought this and played in the arcades. Are you guys still using sticks (if you have them) or are you ditching for pads?

I'm one of the few folks here that played the arcade version regularly and I play this on a pad.

lupinko

I play this game on stick, if it's a fighting game/arcade game, it's unplayable for me on pad or anything other than an arcade stick.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Raphael was just recently released in the arcades on the 29th. Hi-Nu should show up later on in the month, but I'm unaware of the schedule for Dynames and Blue Frame as they should not be in the arcades yet.
Ah, I meant that I saw few units that were said to be added to the PS3 version and based on that, I assumed it's the same. Thanks for clearing that up.

Shouta

Oh, on that. There's no guarantee that Hi-nu, Blue Frame, or Dynames will be added to the arcade version. They may be though.

Astery

Created a chat room and invited a few of you who is on my current friend list. Feel free to invite more of the others :).

I've just played the game with my friends locally, and o god dat split screen. Shrinking the screen sizes to match the aspect ratio waste a lot of space, feels like god damn psp. Both of us have to move real close to the screen to see what's going on, no comfy couch :<.

I'm one of the few folks here that played the arcade version regularly and I play this on a pad.

I would like to know how you set up the buttons on your dual shock. It's hard to hold on to multiple CS and boost at the same time on default for me.

Shouta

I would like to know how you set up the buttons on your dual shock. It's hard to hold on to multiple CS and boost at the same time on default for me.

Default. If I use CSb, I tap boost with the bottom of my thumb.

If you can't do taht, I'd recommend changing L2 to B/Melee instead of Special Shooting. Special Shooting is the easiest one to access on a pad using your thumb so using that space to charge B with your off-hand so you can boost is good for a unit like say Char's Gelgoog.

Alternatively, swap L2 and L1 so L1 is melee and L2 is communication to your partner.

lupinko

Don't really see the need for this game to have English text, I mean it's just a competitive head-to-head game where your main goal is to destroy the other team.

You don't get more straightforward than that!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
So... The only way I get to play this game is to drop $110 and import it?

JKTrix

I know Bandai is committed to bringing all of the Gundam anime over, but when it comes to games that's a different story.

And besides, even if it did come out in the west (based on DWG and DBZ games), they would strip all the original music out. Maybe even block custom soundtracks!

I kind of like F91 so far, but he's so fragile.

Edit: lol, I was playing with Lupinko and Shouta (with levy) last night without even knowing it! I thought they were Japanese for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom