• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKTrix

It's cheaper, and any DLC you get (including the Hi-Nu code that comes with the game) will need to be redeemed with an Asian account rather than a Japanese one.

Other than that, everything else seems to be identical.

What's the diff for Asian version then?

Packaging is cheaper, no CERO rating and I think that's it? Unless someone else knows more.

*edit* Beaten like Wong Lee to Camille!

Do you guys think playing this with a Hori Fighting Commander 3 Pro would be good? Or is analog controls better than D-pad?

Yesasia is getting in the way of my enjoyment of this. :(

Seriously, it has been "Ready to be shipped" for two days now....

After they delayed by Ico HD collection, I stopped using them. AmiAmi was really on the ball and I can see myself using them in the future.

TreIII

I hate Trial Mode. This game was not designed to have more than two targets to switch between, and lord does it show when you're trying to fight off 5 or 6 mooks. The rest of the game owns, though.

It's honestly not so bad, especially if you played Gotcha Force (GCN). Even though I took a break from the Gundam Vs. series for a number of years since Gundam vs. Zeta, playing Gotcha Force, with its faster and much more combo-oriented gameplay, prepared me for what was to come by the time I played RvZII and later GvG Next Plus.

I suppose on that note, now that most if not ALL of the Gundam Vs. team has now departed Capcom for the Bamco stable, I can put all possible hopes for a Gotcha Force sequel to rest for good.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Played a bunch of Free battle last night with my roommate. Tons of fun. I suck ass at the game, so it's a good way to get some practice lol

JKTrix

I hate Trial Mode. This game was not designed to have more than two targets to switch between, and lord does it show when you're trying to fight off 5 or 6 mooks. The rest of the game owns, though.
There is something awesome about rainbow-step mashing through a horde of baddies, though. I've had some Rez-like moments of rhythmic trance for a few moments doing just that. Gotta be quick with that Target Change button!

And when all else fails, use nukes.

What the heck are the requirements to unlock the emblem on the Amuro vs. Musai and Doms trial mission?

edit: S Rank apparently. Just got it.

Astery

I hate Trial Mode. This game was not designed to have more than two targets to switch between, and lord does it show when you're trying to fight off 5 or 6 mooks.

I know how you feel. Luckily there's a "lock on to closest enemy" button this time around that only works in trial mission mode. On default dual shock layout, Just config it to L1 replacing the communication button, and put communication to L3 works well enough.

I haven't used Yes Asia since PS2 era. They were super slow to ship out my IIDX (forgot which mix as it's been that long). It said ready to ship for something like 4-5 days.

Never again after that...I hope it ships out for you guys soon...

Bebpo

Banned
=)

If your Japanese is up to par: http://www29.atwiki.jp/arcgundamvs/pages/19.html

That is a bit more descriptive and has strategies for each unit.

Really lame that most people don't have an extreme burst attack. How hard is it to give them some generic high damage move :mad:

*edit that Japanese guide is REALLY good and what I was looking for. In-depth analysis of how every attack works for a unit. Thanks! Sometimes I'll do an attack and have no idea what it even does.

matmanx1

Well, I know my copy is in America because the EMS tracking site tells me so. Unfortunately I don't know where in America it is or how many more days it will take to get to me but paying for the most expensive shipping option will hopefully see it arrive during the early part of this week. I'm anxious to get started.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
After they delayed by Ico HD collection, I stopped using them. AmiAmi was really on the ball and I can see myself using them in the future.

Amiami's great, but they're basically the biggest toys/entertainment online retailer in Japan, so they sell out incredibly quickly. Fighting for Kamen Rider figuarts is hell.

Amiami's great, but they're basically the biggest toys/entertainment online retailer in Japan, so they sell out incredibly quickly. Fighting for Kamen Rider figuarts is hell.

Yeah, that goes without saying lol. Early pre-order window or bust..

Coxy

yeah, never using yesasia again :| I have stuff ordered on amiami that doesnt come out until april

ACESmkII

I can't wait to get off work and get back to getting mopped up online. Net code is surprising solid even against Japanese players.

Slowly but surely I'm getting use to playing with a stick. Plays excellent with a pad as well, so much nicer than playing on a PSP.

Don't really see the need for this game to have English text, I mean it's just a competitive head-to-head game where your main goal is to destroy the other team.

You don't get more straightforward than that!
It's not just the lack of English, it's the steep import cost mostly. :\

lupinko

I know it's a lot, but if any game deserved your hardearned money, it's this one!

The first song I put in was TM Network's Beyond the Time Expanded Version, I knew this Welcome to the FANKS album would come in handy one day. :D

Also having Get Wild play in the background works on so many levels.

Time to put in Susumu Hirasawa's Berserk songs. :D

xemumanic

Should finally have my copy tomorrow. Its already at the Harrisburg depot. Just been drooling over video, screenshots, and reading everyone's two cents on the game all week.

Tomorrow is gonna be a good day.

lupinko

have both of those in my custom folder, should I throw it up for you guys to download and see what you think?

Better just send me a PM, I put my stuff in storage awhile back. >_>

Also the Cantonese G Gundam music would work too. lol

Shouta

I added Dreams, Just Communication, Rhythm Emotion, Trust You Forever, and the OP songs for ACE3 and ACE:R myself. So perfect. =o

vala

I suppose on that note, now that most if not ALL of the Gundam Vs. team has now departed Capcom for the Bamco stable, I can put all possible hopes for a Gotcha Force sequel to rest for good.

Only 2 ex-Capcom worked on this game: Shinichiro Obata (planner of G.Seed O.M.N.I vs Z.A.F.T. 1 and 2) and Yoshinobu Inada (programmer) from the company Byking. The rest of the team is made up of members from the S. Calibur, Tekken and Ace Combat teams.

lupinko

Only 2 ex-Capcom worked on this game: Shinichiro Obata (planner of G.Seed O.M.N.I vs Z.A.F.T. 1 and 2) and Yoshinobu Inada (programmer) from the company Byking. The rest of the team is made up of members from the S. Calibur, Tekken and Ace Combat teams.

Well those two are the only ones that mattered then, because this game has way better balance and gameplay than the previous games in the series.

vala

Well, the Capcom games had only 2 or 3 planners doing the gameplay design, while this game had more than 20 ....

lupinko

It has an actual custom music option within the game, you can replace the game's OST with your own. That's why I ditched the 00/Seed stuff to put in my stuff.

My favorite of the VS series and rather makes a lot of sense regarding the gameplay changes in the overall gameplay mechanic (BD came from the Speed Awakening in RvZ). Thanks for the clarification!
Well, the Capcom games had only 2 or 3 planners doing the gameplay design, while this game had more than 20 ....
No wonder Strike Noir and Launcher Strike were so OP.

Shouta

My favorite of the VS series and rather makes a lot of sense regarding the gameplay changes in the overall gameplay mechanic (BD came from the Speed Awakening in RvZ). Thanks for the clarification!

No wonder Strike Noir and Launcher Strike were so OP.

Nah, Strike Noir and Launcher were OP'd because of the game systems, if you ask me. Lots of range, less movement, etc. I'd love to see Strike Noir in this game though.

Nah, Strike Noir and Launcher were OP'd because of the game systems, if you ask me. Lots of range, less movement, etc. I'd love to see Strike Noir in this game though.
Although they definitely benefitted from the gameplay system (especially with GH glitch with LS), their moves were so damn good with low reload time and great stun opportunities. Strike Noir's cartwheel special shooting had hardly any recovery and was fast enough to dodge a lot of stuff that came it's way. Rather fun to abuse in the arcade, lol. But I agree with you having Strike Noir show up in EXVS. Such a fun suit to play.

Interesting.

It's a great game, and PS2 are easily modified for imports. Used to be crazy cheap (got it for 800 yen back in 2006), probably still is.
There are some copies on eBay, I see. Some are even brand new for a decent price. Though, Youtube videos don't make it seem like the combat is much better than Journey to Jaburo, which I do own. Three slashes from a beam saber to take down a Zaku II is bullshit.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, spent a couple hours in practice mode today which is super fun! I always like to get into practice mode in fighting games early on and go through everyone's moves before settling on some characters to play as.

Anyhow went through with all the Gundam OO units and have some questions:

Exia - Is that head stomp actuable usable in battle? Can you follow it up with anything or is it just to dodge and interrupt an attack? The distance is pretty strict for landing it.

Dynamos - Seems not as good as Cherubim. Only advantages I see are having actual beam saber melee and with his cloak on the knee shot seems INCREDIBLY strong. Even stronger than anything Cherubim can dish out.

Susano - Ok, what the hell is up with this guy. What does his shot button "turn glowing purple for 1 attack" thing do? What does his I'm going to stab myself but fail 8/10 times because I am awful move do besides lowering your HP? His charge boomerang seems like a joke. And he has almost no moves and his trans-am is 1 use. WTF. He basically has a giant fireball which barely stuns at all before the enemy recovers and lots of melee. Am I missing something? Seems pretty bad.

OO Gundam - I like how going into burst mode automatically puts you in raiser mode without using your raiser mode counter. Seems good, though I dunno about 3000 cost good.

Cherubim - The bits that stick around you like Strike Freedom or chase the enemy, how should you use them properly in a fight? He seems good, but need to figure out how to use the bits efficiently.

Quanta - WEIRD ASS UNIT. I'm really confused about his transform mode (was that even in the movie?). Once you're in, you can't get out??? Seems...bad. Mainly because you lose all melee and when all your main moves are recharging you have nothing but throwing bits out or using them as a shield. Seems like an oddball unit to use; very quirky but powerful.

Raphael Gundam - Seems kind of slow and honestly, splitting apart doesn't seem to add that much. Can you do anything interesting off a split AI grab? Transam doesn't seem to add anything and he doesn't have an extreme burst attack (wtf, why do none of the console specific characters have extreme burst attacks; laaaaazy)

I can see myself using OO Gundam, Quanta, Dynamos or Cherubim online. Maybe even Raphael. Don't see myself touching Susano when I can avoid it!

All the trophy missions in Trial mode are in the third "Extra" tier, right?

They're in the 3rd (ippanhei, average soldier), 4th (top general or something, forgot what the wiki said), and 5th (newtype). Six difficulty tiers total counting extra. I'm just starting on ippanhei and it's already getting tough (>_<)

There are some copies on eBay, I see. Some are even brand new for a decent price. Though, Youtube videos don't make it seem like the combat is much better than Journey to Jaburo, which I do own. Three slashes from a beam saber to take down a Zaku II is bullshit.

One Year War is an orgasmic game. The Lala stage and Jabro stage will bring you to tears if you have grown up on the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom