• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivals

Yeah been spending the last week or so on FFXIII-2 but I'll be back in the room soon hopefully. I like playing Dragon, Blue Destiny and Zeong. Probably have had the most success with BD.

START PLAYING AGAIN >:|

EDIT: And go to that tournament, esp with Kyouji as a partner!

Georgious

Banned
yen to usd exchange rate is the reason and yes it works on the ps3 without changing any settings

Thanks! Yeah, I was wondering if that was it. Damn, that's steep. How's the menu navigation/play/online play?

I've played my share of imports, so I'm not intimidated by it - just curious. It also looks as if the story/politics/etc are out and it's just VS play, which is great for import.

It seems the "Asian" version is cheaper than JP - are there any caveats with this I should be aware of?

Georgious

Banned
Nope. Even the JP DLC is compatible. Buy the Asian release with confidence.

Awesome - thanks for the tip. With the Vita coming so soon, all this stick modding I've been doing, and freakin' Valentine's day, I really can't justify it unless it pops up wherever I have credit. Fingers crossed!

It IS at a local shop downtown for $94 New, Asian version. Price sound about right?

oSrf9.jpg

BnKd6.jpg

Oh man, SCV

Georgious

Banned
Damnit you guys - these threads are draining my wallet at hyper speed.

Is the game difficult to pick up without JP language knowledge? Online play is fairly smooth?
Sorry for all the questions, but picking up a $90 game warrants a few haha

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll be sure to hop on to the irc for more than a couple of minutes when things calm down for me over here.

Damnit you guys - these threads are draining my wallet at hyper speed.

Is the game difficult to pick up without JP language knowledge? Online play is fairly smooth?
Sorry for all the questions, but picking up a $90 game warrants a few haha

The game is really easy to pick up imo. The main menu is written in english. You might have some trouble with trial missions but, they're pretty much all destroy X target, X amount of targets in certain time. Things like that. Pretty straight forward. Netcode is pretty good when I play people from the US and Europe.

Georgious

Banned
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll be sure to hop on to the irc for more than a couple of minutes when things calm down for me over here.

The game is really easy to pick up imo. The main menu is written in english. You might have some trouble with trial missions but, they're pretty much all destroy X target, X amount of targets in certain time. Things like that. Pretty straight forward. Netcode is pretty good when I play people from the US and Europe.

That's awesome, thanks. Do you guys have a GAF player list, or are there actually enough people in North America for random pickup games? That would be crazy impressive...

NEO0MJ

I get that a lot on IRC :D you should hop on irc and get into more games with us

good games tonight guys, cant stay away from dat gundam no matter how many other games I get

Wish I could get how to use IRC. I've installed chatzilla but I have no idea how to set it up.
Too bad I couldn't join yesterday's game, but I was too tired to stay up late.

That's awesome, thanks. Do you guys have a GAF player list, or are there actually enough people in North America for random pickup games? That would be crazy impressive...

Here the gaf player list. Choose whoever you like.

There's a decent amount of NA/EU players so you'd be able to find a random room usually from the afternoon on, whatever time zone you're in.

Best way to get a hold of us is the IRC (espernet/#gafgundam). We're pretty much on daily, so you won't have too many issues finding people to play with from here.

Wish I could get how to use IRC. I've installed chatzilla but I have no idea how to set it up.

Do you have Chrome? Just install the mibbit web app from the Chrome App store and make sure you set the server to Espernet and type #gafgundam in the channel box. Easy stuff. =)

Jubern

FB's loketest started today and goes until Monday included!

http://jin115.com/archives/51847707.html

Cost changes for now are Sazabi upped back to 3000, Virsago upped to 2500, Kshatriya down to 2000, GP-02 upped to 2500 (?!) and finally X-2 Kai down to 2000.

New units and their costs are :
- Gyan 2000
- Victory 1000
- Stargazer 2000
- Strike Noir 2500
- Throne Drei 2000

I guess there will be more additions each month, like for vanilla, but for now we're not missing on too much I guess.

Good to see the costs for Noir and Throne Drei. Need more 1000 suits and it's interesting seeing Victory as one. Wonder when they're gonna add Efreet Kai, Red Extreme, and Corin's Kapool since they all show up in the intro.

Anybody who's in JP check it out!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GP-02 at 2500 lolololol.

Kshatriya at 2k might be interesting, but she still needs buffs.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Why haven't they added that female looking Gundam with 'hair' and high heels?

I need to keep my lifelong trait of playing fighting games with female characters.

NEO0MJ

Frankly, it just looks silly with the standard gundam head. Couldn't they find a way to redesign it while still keeping it looking like a gundam?

MechaX

GP-02 at 2500 lolololol.

Kshatriya at 2k might be interesting, but she still needs buffs.

My reaction to the GP-02 at 2500 was "huh wat." I can't see the nuke being a basis for moving him up, since you have to do an extraordinary amount of effort to fire the nuke in a decent spot (unlike its versions in GvG and GvG Next). And its not even that great in melee even with the saber charged. I'm kinda curious on what changes they are going to give it.

Or potentially it could be the new "Kshatriya" of the Full Boost 2500 units.

My reaction to the GP-02 at 2500 was "huh wat." I can't see the nuke being a basis for moving him up, since you have to do an extraordinary amount of effort to fire the nuke in a decent spot (unlike its versions in GvG and GvG Next). And its not even that great in melee even with the saber charged. I'm kinda curious on what changes they are going to give it.

Or potentially it could be the new "Kshatriya" of the Full Boost 2500 units.

Orrr... it can switch packs! :O

Rx-78gp02amlrs.jpg

60mm Vulcan Gun
A.E.Blash AEXB-909L Beam Saber
AE/ZIM.G-BAZ-0186-A Atomic Bazooka
NR-Sh-02-RX/S-00013 Radiator Shield
MLRS (Multiple Launch Rocket System)

Alternate equipments for Gundam Physalis, allow it to function as a heavy assault mobile suit. The nuclear warhead is removed and replaced by six-tube Multiple Launch Rocket System, or MLRS, with three tubes mounted on each side of the backpack. The rockets in the MLRS are almost the size of a cruise missile, and thus can pack a much larger punch. In mid range combat, it can easily bombard a large area, sweeping down a majority of the enemies so that the normal troops can come in to clean up the remaining enemies easily.

For more conventional firepower, the GP02A can be loaded with a particle generator in place of the nuclear warhead, and use the atomic bazooka as a heavy beam bazooka. The firepower of beam bazooka can rival that of a mega particle cannon of a large scale mobile armor such as MA-05 Bigro and the full charge shot is roughly equivalent to that of the massive MA-08 Big Zam.

MechaX

Alternate equipments for Gundam Physalis, allow it to function as a heavy assault mobile suit. The nuclear warhead is removed and replaced by six-tube Multiple Launch Rocket System, or MLRS, with three tubes mounted on each side of the backpack. The rockets in the MLRS are almost the size of a cruise missile, and thus can pack a much larger punch. In mid range combat, it can easily bombard a large area, sweeping down a majority of the enemies so that the normal troops can come in to clean up the remaining enemies easily.

For more conventional firepower, the GP02A can be loaded with a particle generator in place of the nuclear warhead, and use the atomic bazooka as a heavy beam bazooka. The firepower of beam bazooka can rival that of a mega particle cannon of a large scale mobile armor such as MA-05 Bigro and the full charge shot is roughly equivalent to that of the massive MA-08 Big Zam.

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Soulhouf

I tried to use my arcade stick in this game and now I'm completely lost and became very clumsy playing it. It's not comfortable at all, unlike Street Fighter IV.
Do you recommend I continue or I go back to DS3?

I tried to use my arcade stick in this game and now I'm completely lost and became very clumsy playing it. It's not comfortable at all, unlike Street Fighter IV.
Do you recommend I continue or I go back to DS3?

There is a config preset that fits the Hori Real Arcade Pro and Madcatz Fightstick TE layout perfectly to mimic the arcade panel's layout. Did you try that?

I started playing this with a stick so I had to get accustomed to pad play. Could be growing pains, as it took me a while to adjust to pad (MP farming was just more comfortable lounging back with a dualshock 3).

Soulhouf

There is a config preset that fits the Hori Real Arcade Pro and Madcatz Fightstick TE layout perfectly to mimic the arcade panel's layout. Did you try that?

Oh I didn't know that :O
I have a MadCatz tournament edition. I will try to change the config right now.
Thanks a lot!

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
There isn't a room running right now, but I'm sure we'll have one up soon. Come join us on Espernet #gafgundam if you want to stay updated on room status or just to start one up yourself.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Finally picked this up. If someone doesn't mind adding me I'm in Japan so that's my timezone. I'll be available to play most nights. My PSN is Dis3ngag3d. I'm not that awesome right now but I'm practicing.

Georgious

Banned
BOOM!
ae846f49.jpg

I've been playing for the past 3 or 4 hours with a friend, it's freakin awesome. The 60fps is truly gorgeous (though splitscreen is horrific), and I'm getting a handle on the different play styles.

I'm about 50% through Cadet missions now, trying to figure out how to properly cancel melee into bigger moves at this point

Enron

Banned
Gundam-GAF PSN Community List: Search and enter your PSN here!

Join the Gundam GAF IRC room! Espernet #gafgundam (big thanks to kyouji for setting this up)

Also, you can join the Gundam-GAF EXTREEEEME PSN chat room. Message myself or anyone who has been highlighted in the google doc to be added to the chat room.

All you guys just now importing the game, don't forget to join us! makes organizing games much easier!

Georgious

Banned
Super interested in this, but why is it nearly 100 dollars?

I'll probably still bite, but is it out of print or something?

Importing exchange rate. It's fairly standard, I got it on the slightly cheaper end (especially since it was from an actual brick & mortar store)
Don't think it's out of print

Georgious

Banned
Oh wow! That didn't seem to take long getting to you.

Yeah seriously. I'm such a sucker for awesome imports. Bah. I'm gonna be broke this month after PSvita and Valentine's day, haha.

If you meant delivery, I went downtown to VideoGamesNewYork and picked up their only copy. Glad I had some credit there to lessen the blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom