• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Will this ever be coming to xbox 360 or pc?"

Considering that those are two platforms that are significantly more popular in the west than Asia and we're begging and pleading just to get a simple localization, not even a port to a different system...

Odds are low.

Quick question, anyone playing not a gundam fan? OP says this game goes beyond a fan service game but every poster seems involved in the franchise. I am considering the game but I barely know anything about gundam and I play fighting games casually (aka I don't know frame data or use spreadsheets to make combos) so I think I'd be wasting my money. Anyone else like me playing this game?
I really don't think your unfamiliarity with the franchise will hinder your enjoyment of this game. I've only seen a few shows myself, but I still have a lot of fun with the missions featuring stuff that I've yet to see. If anything, I think your knowledge of Gundam will only really influence your suit preferences. And this can go either way. For example, I really didn't care about Providence until I watched Gundam Seed, which then made me want to use it because now I think Rau le Creuset be swag-surfin'. But likewise, I thought Destiny was a cool suit until I realized how much I hate Shinn Asuka with every fiber of my being, and now I just want to kill it with fire.

Enron

Banned
But likewise, I thought Destiny was a cool suit until I realized how much I hate Shinn Asuka with every fiber of my being, and now I just want to kill it with fire.

Now that Im unbanned, i want my first post in this thread to be this.

Nu Gundam is a total fucking asshole.

rivals

Quick question, anyone playing not a gundam fan?

I had never and still have never watched anything involving gundam outside of playing GvG: Next and this game. It rules, it's one of my main competitive games (with a couple fighting games) at the time and I don't see that changing any time soon.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The "I am Gundam!" Newtype mission is totally kicking my ass :(
Any advice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb7dt5QGLBM

Full Boost trailer. Units:
Banshee, Ribbons Gundam, Gyan, Stargazer, Impulse, Duel Assault Shroud, V Gundam
Hawt
lol AMV intro again

I still hope that this will an update a la GT5 Spec II.
(this being Scamco means that it'll be a full priced retail release D: )

I still hope that this will an update a la GT5 Spec II.
(this being Scamco means that it'll be a full priced retail release D: )

There's never been a Gundam Vs. update like that. Combine that with the arcade still relevant in Japan, I hope you like waiting a while.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
There's never been a Gundam Vs. update like that. Combine that with the arcade still relevant in Japan, I hope you like waiting a while.
Given the series release schedule, yes, I'm aware it'd be late 2013 at the earliest :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb7dt5QGLBM

Full Boost trailer. Units:
Banshee, Ribbons Gundam, Gyan, Stargazer, Impulse, Duel Assault Shroud, V Gundam

Sweet. This motherfucker's gonna be in it too.

38298.jpg

Add Throne Drei (wasn't shown, but confirmed) and Strike Noir (shown with Crossbone fighting Stargazer) as well.

EDIT: Efreet Custom is in it too. 1:22 clashing with Blue Destiny.

eilegz

Banned
high level gameplay was watching team spooky soul calibur got bored and now im watching gundam and man so much HYPE

LOL, the last couple posts were discussing Full Boost. :p

BTW, thebrett archived the Premium Dogfight 2012 tourney in Japan: http://www.twitch.tv/thebrett/b/307483048

For those of you not in the know, it's the national EXVS tourney so super high-level play will be in full force.

Also, the Norcal Install tourney was hype. Good to see the level of play going up on the west. :)

matmanx1

I just completed two aggravating Newtype tier Trial missions using Zaku Kai. I kept failing with my normal maxed out Unicorn so on a whim I decided to try something different and it worked. I can't believe it. Zaku ftw!

One of the missions was 4vs1 and the other was the mission where you have to fight 3 mobile armors with the last 2 (Psycho MkII and something else) at the same time. Zaku is surprisingly effective at large targets and groups of enemies because of the grenade spam and it's explosion radius. So much fun!

Jubern

Nice Gelgoog action Donkey!

Thanks for the games, as always. It's so great to have such a good community for this game.

Nice Gelgoog action Donkey!

Thanks for the games, as always. It's so great to have such a good community for this game.

Indeed! And thanks man. Trying to level up my Gelgoog game.

Also, Coopa from IPlayWinner streamed some Gundam action on FinestKO here at 1:59:00: http://www.twitch.tv/finestko/b/307442072

Hilarity ensues as he tries to read out Team Hold and Team Shuffle in the menu, not realizing it's already in English right above the katakana, lol.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm currently renting Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 which has been insanely fun for me, I just came across this thread, and...it rubs salt in the wound that my PS3 YLOD months ago.

The game looks absolutely fantastic, and it even has the Custom Gundams in it too.
I may pick up a PS3 again just for this game.

I'm currently renting Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 which has been insanely fun for me, I just came across this thread, and...it rubs salt in the wound that my PS3 YLOD months ago.

The game looks absolutely fantastic, and it even has the Custom Gundams in it too.

You should. Great replay value and lots of gaffers play a lot together pretty much daily. And in all honesty, you don't have to be a Gundam fan to appreciate its gameplay.

So worth it. This would probably be a system seller for me if I didn't have one already.

Jubern

Whoa at that Full Boost presentation. I thought the update would be way more consequent. Even GvG > GvGN looks like it was a bigger improvement.

Maybe we'll actually get a console update sooner than expected?
And by that I mean by the end of the year or later, just not 15 months down the road like this time ;p

Whoa at that Full Boost presentation. I thought the update would be way more consequent. Even GvG > GvGN looks like it was a bigger improvement.

And by that I mean by the end of the year or later, just not 15 months down the road like this time ;p

Yar, it reminds me of the jump from Seed Vs to Seed Destiny VS.

Coxy

I think arcades have a 12 month exclusivity thing so we'll probably have to wait that long, on the plus side they will probably use that time to add even more units for the console release
then put those and more in the next arcade version

Jubern

Do you say that as a generalization, or because there actually is a contract between Namco-Bandai and... whoever might be implied?

There's a lot of examples of arcade games being ported quickly to console, for better or worse. KOF12, SFIV AE, BBCS..

Do you say that as a generalization, or because there actually is a contract between Namco-Bandai and... whoever might be implied?

There's a lot of examples of arcade games being ported quickly to console, for better or worse. KOF12, SFIV AE, BBCS..

Naomi -> DC was the best. Didn't MvC2 come out the same week on consoles as arcade?

Jubern

Dunno. But this kind of behavior is pretty unthinkable nowadays, since the risk of killing the arcade market with a console release is pretty high.

With games like EXVS, it goes to a whole new level, since Namco-Bandai makes a lot of profit from the subscriptions. And while I never found a confirmation, I think I remember an article from around the release in 2010 that also said they took a commission or 5 or so yens off every credit. I let you imagine the profits.

It's totally in NB best interest to keep the game arcade only as long as they can.

Coxy

Just a generalisation, I dont know of any specifics deals for this game.

SamPanic

Neo Member
This seems worthy for my very first post.

I'm a huge Gundam and mecha fan, and I wish I have enough money to buy this awesome game.

I think arcades have a 12 month exclusivity thing so we'll probably have to wait that long, on the plus side they will probably use that time to add even more units for the console release
then put those and more in the next arcade version

An endless waltz of arcade releases, home ports, and revisions...

I'm still excited for the game, though, even if I won't be able to play it for quite some time. The Nander Custom and Gouf alone have me looking forward to it; I'm looking forward to smashing some crotches with rocket punches.

lupinko

GundamGAF, sorry for my long hiatus, but I have returned, well hopefully I will return as early as this week.

I have also bought all the DLC units, I think Blue Destiny is quite rad. But yeah I'll try to go online this week to get some games in.

GundamGAF, sorry for my long hiatus, but I have returned, well hopefully I will return as early as this week.

I have also bought all the DLC units, I think Blue Destiny is quite rad. But yeah I'll try to go online this week to get some games in.
You're always on NetFlix homie! Join the IRC when you get a chance. espernet #gafgundam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom