• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gungrave OverDose 'Can't Lose' deal

The madhouse produced anime is actually pretty good from what I've seen, so it's nice to see they're doing a little cross promotion (Personally, I think a preview episode would have been more effective). I wish this deal was for a free soundtrack or something like that though.

How is Gungrave OverDose anyways? I haven't heard very many positive things about it. I found the first game mildly enjoyable for 1 or 2 playthroughs, but not much longer than that.

ferricide

Uncle Dukey said:
(Personally, I think a preview episode would have been more effective).
now THAT would have been hot, and really intelligent. at least they're working with geneon, though.

Rhage

Eh, I'll tell you how you can lose on this one. How about if the game sucks? And with a $14.95 MSRP, yes, it almost certainly does.

Rhage

Wario64 said:
Like I said, just cause the MSRP is low doesnt mean the game sucks
Indeed, but can you give an example of more than one game (ESPN NFL 2k5) that's had a MSRP below $20 and wasn't a crappy budget game?

Chances are, it sucks, and badly. But hey, if it doesn't, then great, and I may very well pick up a copy.

I guess we'll see...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That has been released? I dont know about that, there hasn't been too many games below $20 to begin with.

In the near future though: Guilty Gear Reload X2 and Katamari Damacy

Both those games are $20 and have gotten great reviews

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution too if that counts.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Rhage said:
Indeed, but can you give an example of more than one game (ESPN NFL 2k5) that's had a MSRP below $20 and wasn't a crappy budget game?

Chances are, it sucks, and badly. But hey, if it doesn't, then great, and I may very well pick up a copy.

I guess we'll see...

Katamari Damashii is being released for $19.99. VF4-Evolution was also released for $19.99.

The madhouse produced anime is actually pretty good from what I've seen

It's even BETTER than good, it's utterly fantastic! Gungrave is one of the best animes I've seen in a long time. I loved it!

Rhage

Ah yea, how'd I forget about Katamari... But I think the reason they are pricing it at $20 is because they know it's a real hard sell in the US. At least at $20 it'll have some chance.

VF4: Evo's a good one too.

Dave Long

Banned
Gungrave's a hard sell too. Gamers here in the US expect like 20 hours from every game these days. That's 20 hours of changing gameplay and levels and whatnot. When they don't get that, they wig out and call the game shit.

Since GGOD and the original can be beaten in like 2 hours or so, the publisher can't hope to sell it at full price anymore.

I loved the first game and will be right in front of the non-existent line to get the sequel.

aku:jiki

Dave Long said:
I loved the first game and will be right in front of the non-existent line to get the sequel.
Be warned, it's not as good or anywhere near as stylish as the first game.

Still pretty decent fun for what it is, though.

WarPig

GGOD is not what I'd call good. Substantially worse than the original game in pretty much every area. 15 bucks might be worth it just to goof around with Rocket Billy Redcadillac, though.

DFS.

Oh my, substantially worse? The original wasn't a masterpiece, so this doesn't sound terribly appealing. Maybe if there's a 10$ sale...

Top Bottom