• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy Runs In To Puppy-Sized Spider In The Rainforest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also a huge spider over here, the chick eating spider (araña pollera) that's as big as a grown mans hand. They call them that because, well, they're big enough to eat hens.

I was once bitten by one while playing hide and seek and hiding under a car. For a second it felt like I had a very hairy hand on my back. When it bit me it felt like a human bite and almost ripped a hole in the skin from one jaw to the other.

Sweet Jesus..........Nope. Able to eat an entire hen...Please move for your safety

Protein

Banned
OLLD8TW.jpg

Xamdou

111824.jpg

Fuck that fucking spider. Christ.

Godamn I've seen that a spider with huge legs like that before in my old backyard. When I was a kid, I used my Super Soaker to try to kill it but I straight bailed out as soon I saw how fast it ran away after I fired my gun...

OSHAN

Guys, a Goliath Bird Eater is harmless to you so long as you don't go poking or harassing it lol

Just because something is harmless doesn't mean I'd want it crawling around in my fucking bedroom, waking up with that shit on my face. I can't imagine a reality where I calmly lifted its fuzzy grapefruit of an abdomen off my nose and set it on the floor to scurry off somewhere.

OSHAN

Godamn I've seen that a spider with huge legs like that before in my old backyard. When I was a kid, I used my Super Soaker to try to kill it but I straight bailed out as soon I saw how fast it ran away after I fired my gun...

Spiders don't forget.

orochi91

Just because something is harmless doesn't mean I'd want it crawling around in my fucking bedroom, waking up with that shit on my face. I can't imagine a reality where I calmly lifted its fuzzy grapefruit of an abdomen off my nose and set it on the floor to scurry off somewhere.

In my defense, I never suggested anyone should take it home and sleep with it :3

Aselith

Both of those photos look taken from such an angle as to make the spider look way bigger than it is.

Yeah, his hand appears to be nearly a foot away from the branch when he takes the comparison photo. His hand being that far away is going to make the spider appear a decent bit bigger than it actually is.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sad we can't even have a thread about cool nature things without half the posts being "OMG KILL IT WITH FIRE" grow up please

Teremap

Banned
This is adorable. That snake is adorable. Everything non-human posted in this thread is absolutely fascinating.

I don't get the majority of GAF sometimes.
Right?

Arachnophobia is one thing, but... this thing doesn't even look aggressive. It's just a great big ball of fuzz.

Very cute. Unfortunate about the urticating hairs, though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Aragog's_funeral_2.jpg

farewell aragog lol

they will be at his size soon lol

emb

The one in the OP looks HUGE. How is that a camera trick?
The first picture has nothing to really set the scale. The second has the hand there, but way in the background so it looks like the spider is larger by comparison. (I think it's understandable not to want your hand too close it though, haha.)

It's still big though.

Pretty much -
Like all tarantulas, T. blondi have fangs large enough to break the skin of a human (1.9–3.8 cm or 0.75–1.50 in). They carry venom in their fangs and have been known to bite when threatened, but the venom is relatively harmless and its effects are comparable to those of a wasp's sting.​

I think they're cool animals, keep your nukes on hold.

You can't fool us spider.

Amzin

Ohhhhhh hell nawwwww......fuck this!

Burn it down...all of it!

EDIT: Why did they have to mention its fangs puncturing a mouse's skull....

To be fair, a lot of things can puncture a mouse's skull. They're not exactly the tanks of the mammal world. And the mammal world is made up of soft squishy things to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom