• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy Runs In To Puppy-Sized Spider In The Rainforest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
voHOPHw6p2my0KjQ_jcJLKo9yr2sTRhuMrxSN_l-oqiDRQ9Qo0dqO-uCvkM0CYZWN8GzY8McKlx2F_g7gMGTf56izricvoCAZ8Yg4t67ohfnr2g1PyhjWEin8ukZLg=w797-h328-nc

"We burned the forest down"

AngryMoth

I held a wild tarantula when I went to the amazon this summer. Nothing as big as that but it is weird remembering how calm I was about it considering I'm getting major chills looking at these photos. Same with the snakes

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Guys, a Goliath Bird Eater is harmless to you so long as you don't go poking or harassing it lol

Yeah, but poking it can happen by accident.
One time I stepped over a Western Diamondback (as big as they get, too) and didn't notice it until it was between my legs. I was somehow able to keep calm and nothing happened, (It didn't even start to coil.) but if I'd stepped on it instead... welp.

To be fair, a lot of things can puncture a mouse's skull. They're not exactly the tanks of the mammal world. And the mammal world is made up of soft squishy things to begin with.

I know, but that was horribly specific. And gave mental imagery of horrible things. Not to mention the "Guy" said it reared its fangs at him, which sounds even more horrifying given its size.

I don't know why spiders were given fangs of all things. It makes me hate them more....ewww

Jimothy

It's weird that I'm actually way more scared of things like waterbugs and earwigs than spiders even though spiders are more potentially dangerous to me. If I see a spider in my house I usually just let it do it's thing and it doesn't gross me out. When I see a pest bug my heart starts racing and I my chest tightens up and I try to kill it as quickly as possible before I scream like a little girl.

FStop7

Banned
I've there's one thing I've learned from shows like Survivorman it's that rainforests are terrifying. The entire place is basically a living organism that is trying to digest and absorb you into itself.

For some reason I think small spiders are far more terrifying than huge ones. As soon as I can make out the eyes, they become positively cute to me.

Booshka

Torn between wanting to preserve the rainforest and kill every last spider.

Think of it this way, they kill the really annoying, terrible insects that can also fly. Them being creepy is a necessary tradeoff to keep the really pesky airborne insects numbers in check. Same thing with Bats, another necessary evil.

Think of it this way, they kill the really annoying, terrible insects that can also fly. Them being creepy is a necessary tradeoff to keep the really pesky airborne insects numbers in check. Same thing with Bats, another necessary evil.

I love bats. I hate spiders.

At my current apartment, banana spiders camp outside during the warmer months.

Mupod

bats are adorable though.

Dark Souls 2 says Hello.

But really, it was probably a smaller version of Jba Fofi AKA Congolese Spider
Unfortunately these fall under the category Cryptozoology so it is not 100% concrete that they do exist, but there are villages and truly believe giant spiders (tarantulas to be more exact) exist. Some build their huts to protect against them and claim they can be as large as a really big dog, capable of eating other large dogs and smaller humans. I did some research and found a documentary on Monster Hunters and alas there was nothing conclusive. But in theory they do exist, so be fearful gaf.... be Fearful.

Whoa!

The J'ba Fofi is described as having a brownish body similar to that of a tarantula, with a legspan of four to six feet. Juvenile versions possess yellow coloring that turns brown as they grow older.

Holy fucking shit!

British cinematographer Richard Terry travelled to the Amazon to investigate reports of giant spiders in the June 13th episode of Man V Monster. At a remote village he was informed that giant spiders lived in holes deep within the jungle and measured roughly four feet in diameter.

Nope.

Nodnol

See, despite all spiders creeping me out, Tarantulas are the ones I'm least scared of.

The worst thing is not knowing where they are; don't rally have that problem with something the size of a dinner plate.

Member876

Banned
For some reason I think small spiders are far more terrifying than huge ones. As soon as I can make out the eyes, they become positively cute to me.
Yeah, swarm of huge ass spiders just doesn't do it for me. Swarm of mini spiders creep the hell out of me... They can get everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom