• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Listening to TPAB with my mom. Gotta keep her up to date with what the kids are listening to.

Lol

do kids really listen to this? At least it's he's telling them wash their butts. Can't have dirty underwear if youre wearing your pants hanging half off

Courage

I agree, we spend way too much time on Kanye.

CejrgYp.jpg

Craziest Kanye moment?

Bush doesn't care about black people? maybe.

Smashing his head into a sign? possibly.

Knocking up Kim? Close but no.

injurai

Banned
no smartphone, no ps4... if it wasn't for netflix and gaf-hop I might be completely uncultured right now...

so bloodborne is piff or no?

Tokubetsu

another kanye cycle, another instance to remind all gafhoppers & lurkers that it's 2015 and 808s & Heartbreaks is still the best Kanye West album.

FZZ

Banned
Why does everyone on GAF either hate Kanye or love him

I see very few people who are middle of the road about him

Esch

Banned
Guessing I'm the only one interested in the Album about Nothing...

Lol after the fighting a Coli member at a wrestling event and running up in the Complex offices I can't take him seriously anymore. I'll give it a try though why not.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Brazen people who say stupid things don't usually lead people to fall in a middle ground. It's either entertaining to some or stupid to others.

Fjordson

I think I'm mostly in the middle. Love his first two albums, everything after has been somewhat disappointing.

Find his weird persona to be kinda entertaining and still look forward to when he puts out new stuff.

FZZ

Banned
hes that type of guy

Brazen people who say stupid things don't usually lead people to fall in a middle ground. It's either entertaining to some or stupid to others.

He's relevant no matter what :)

Yeah I guess I can see that, surprised most people don't separate his work from what he says though. I thought there would be a lot more "I like his music, but everything he says is asinine" people. But even looking back at older threads posters just fucking despise the dude with a passion even when most of the people he's "insulted" have made amends.

Though if you hate his whole entire discography, like not even finding one song tolerable, you just have horrible taste.

I think I'm mostly in the middle. Love his first two albums, everything after has been somewhat disappointing.

Find his weird persona to be kinda entertaining and still look forward to when he puts out new stuff.

This is what I expected to see more of, but some people haven't even listened to any of his records. It makes me wonder if they know who the guy that made Jesus Walks, Flashing Lights, Amazing, or Power is or they just think he's another black rapper that gets airplay on the radio.

The controls and gameplay of Ninja Gaiden when the camera isn't an obstacle is much more fluid and intuitive than the Souls games, which feel as if you're plodding through tar at times. Also level design and pace of the game ultimately is so much more fun if we're even gonna compare the games from vastly different genres. Therefore making the incentive and reward for being good in Ninja Gaiden much greater. I got so desensitized to dying and not being able to make it to campfires that I stopped caring about the Souls games entirely. It just didn't seem all too fun to me. And though people will deny it some parts definitely seemed like trial and error. As hard as Ninja Gaiden I never felt like an underdog once I got good, but rather an unstoppable force just dreaming of new angles to unleash my devastation.
Dying is part of the game. You die, learn and move on. You're not meant to go through areas unscathed unless you have some third eye vision or are just really cautious. When you get through an area without dying you feel like a god because everything you have been doing so far has finally worked in your favor. It is immensely satisfying.

Nibel

Would you rather talk with Kanye about fashion locked up in an elevator or spend a night in a cave with Lil Wayne high up in the mountains

Fjordson

This is what I expected to see more of, but some people haven't even listened to any of his records. It makes me wonder if they know who the guy that made Jesus Walks, Flashing Lights, Amazing, or Power is or they just think he's another black rapper that gets airplay on the radio.
Yeah, even though I don't like some of his recent work, the guy is relevant, and I still looking forward to his albums as "event" releases if that makes sense.

And sure, he looks silly in public sometimes or says stuff that sounds out there, but it's whatever. Compared to all the real fucked up shit in the world today, Kanye's never done anything bad or offensive to me. Even the Taylor Swift thing for example was way overblown.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Posted? Ultimate Breaks & Beats: An Oral History. Goes really in depth about the origin of the break and it's use in the formation of hip-hop. Haven't read it through but skimming over it seems pretty legit.

Action Bronson ft. Chance The Rapper - Baby Blue video. Sounds like they have some sort of YT sponsorship for the creation of this video? Pretty cool if it spotlights Bronson and gives him more exposure.

Mick Jenkins performs The Waters live on Sway, also an interview about his rise and social media.

Tyga - 40 Mill video. Probably Kanye's weakest production since Who Gon Stop Me.

Juicy J ft. K Camp - All I Need (One Mo Drank) video. Not feeling this.

Wale ft. Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign - The Summer League. Won't be on his upcoming album, and is the song that he teased in those snippets that were posted. Pretty weak all around IMO.

RBK

Banned
wait did it drop?

I'll at least give it a fair chance; Wale has been ass for a minute though
Releases next week, should a leak around the weekend. Wale Seinfeld series is among his best work, so I'm sure he's bringing it this time as far as an album.

Lol after the fighting a Coli member at a wrestling event and running up in the Complex offices I can't take him seriously anymore. I'll give it a try though why not.
When did the bolded happen? His constant bitching is/was already bad enough on Twitter, don't know why he takes stuff like that so serious.

I respect those who love him, but he's nothing special IMO.

MBDTF still GOAT Kanye album though plus he did bring us the leather joggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom