• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all must be playing. If somebody comes in here and asks "Hey, do y'all know of any mid 2009 trip hop/reggae infusions that sort of evoke the feeling of seeing a giraffe for the first time without sacrificing lyrical content?" Des would have four recommendations at the ready and shit. He's not childlike in his enthusiasm like peter, but the dude loves music more than most of us who exist to just talk shit about dead rappers.

damn lol

Guessing I'm the only one interested in the Album about Nothing...

i was for some reason but then i sobered up real quick

PBY

Banned
gonna have to buy 2 fucking copies of bronson's CD (ugh) so I can see him live on sunday, thats the only way to get a ticket

I guess ill try and have him sign em

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Second/Third Impressions - Action Bronson's Mr. Wonderful

So I've given this a few spins since it dropped. Overall the production is solid front to back, very consistently interesting, varied and feels like it all fits as a different piece of the puzzle. It's been a while since Bronson's personality has shone through his work as much as it does in this project in both the lyrics and the songwriting. I think the project does a really good job at kind of carrying you through his larger than life-style with little compromise.

I'm typically super down on how Bronson's projects hold up altogether or on repeated listens but Mr. Wonderful seems to be already getting more burn from me than I expected. Which is weird because he's not really doing much different on the mic. Usually, either he gives too less of a shit when he's got exceptional production (i.e. Rare Chandeliers, Blue Chips 2), or his production is inconsistent or just doesn't stick (i.e. Dr. Lecter). I think it comes together here, and a big reason might be because it's an all-star mix of his collaborators.

Standouts for me are Terry, Actin Crazy, A Light In The Addict, and Easy Rider. That's already more songs than I can name off top than anything else Bronson has ever done. Project is not without it's faults, though, as there are moments that are kind of forgiven by Bronson's goofiness but I'm not ever coming back to like: Falconry (esp. the feature), City Boy Blues (corn on top of cheese on top of corn), Baby Blue (stop this singing slime, also someone stop Chance), It's super hit and miss for me, I don't think there are many "okay" songs, they're either good or bad, but it's overwhelmingly good. I think it works really well together and touches a lot of different places, and that alone is more than I expected from Bronson, so I'm happy with this.

tl;dr:
imKy6HJWA7tHI.gif

codhand

Huey, PHEW

my bitch say the spliff take the soul from me
And the clique tight-knit man, it's like the 'lo rugby
Beat the fuckin beat up like it stole from me
You can talk to Clancy, you need a feature, or quote from me
Bitch I'm off the Delancy, I reek of reefer & show money

earl brought his bars with him

Kanye would be an absolute fool to do any business with Dame. The obvious problem is that Dame has no money, yet is unable to admit it. I can imagine a situation where Dame tries to argue he'll put his bread on the table at the last minute, Kanye's lawyers demand some type of up front cash, Dame catches feelings, etc.

edit: this company is 100mil in debt? Kanye would be a fool to buy this shit.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Kanye would be an absolute fool to do any business with Dame. The obvious problem is that Dame has no money, yet is unable to admit it. I can imagine a situation where Dame tries to argue he'll put his bread on the table at the last minute, Kanye's lawyers demand some type of up front cash, Dame catches feelings, etc.

edit: this company is 100mil in debt? Kanye would be a fool to buy this shit.
Kanye probably doesn't even have 100 million after putting his own money into his fashion line.

HiResDes

Just double checking, but are there any high quality releases of 56 Nights? Or is it just the 192 kbps one from Livemixtapes?
You should be happy it's in 192, 128 was taking over for a second. As a casual audiophile I can honestly say 192 actually can sound just fine if handled well.

it's amazing that rap dudes still get away with this shit in 2015. Somewhere there's a loser listening to that shit on Apple headphones...

Yeah, not expecting FLAC or anything crazy, but 320 at least would be nice.

Not a huge deal in the car, but at home on my headphones it can sound bad.

Yeah I don't get why they don't release it in the best possible quality if I recall Beast Mode was released in 320.

Courage

I'll never forgive Cyhi for not releasing the first BHP in 320. One of my favorite albums last year neglected because of Larry Holmes status audio quality.

CRS

I would still take constant 128 kbps mixtapes over tapes that vary from 192 kbps all the way to 96 kbps. Every track has a different bitrate it's maddening sometimes.

IrishNinja

I'll try for you man

you the real mvp peters
whether or not it happens i appreciate the effort

This image cracked me up in the now aborted Bloodborne OT.

537d5c09cdc1c.jpeg

You mean, the majority of people.

Remember, people care so little about quality of sound they gave MBTDF perfect scores.

feelin these posts

I would still take constant 128 kbps mixtapes over tapes that vary from 192 kbps all the way to 96 kbps. Every track has a different bitrate it's maddening sometimes.

this ist he kinda thing i didn't mind nearly as much before i started listening more with quality headphones

injurai

Banned

It has to be deliberate to do that to tracks. How else does that end up happening?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It has to be deliberate to do that to tracks. How else does that end up happening?
Sending songs through e-mails and just packaging what you get back. We're in an era where some of these guys haven't been in an actual studio yet because they don't *need* to, despite presentation being a huge part of getting your shit to pop off.

injurai

Banned
Sending songs through e-mails and just packaging what you get back. We're in an era where some of these guys haven't been in an actual studio yet because they don't *need* to, despite presentation being a huge part of getting your shit to pop off.

people still trying to live like dmx i see

CRS

Yep. "Phoning" in verses recorded on a laptop in a bathroom with a bed mattress on the wall.

Safe to assume most don't have an engineer on hand so I doubt any lossless versions have ever existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom