• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Some of the things said in the interview are fucking nuts.
KuGsj.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ugh, woke up with a fucked up hangover and texts from the bride asking if her friend (my buddies wife) was trying to hook up last night. Guess she ended up going home with someone else last night and the bride is trying to figure out where. Small town drama. Glad I don't live here anymore.

This Dame interview is hilarious so far.
We get that new Yeezy yet?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ugh, woke up with a fucked up hangover and texts from the bride asking if her friend (my buddies wife) was trying to hook up last night. Guess she ended up going home with someone else last night and the bride is trying to figure out where. Small town drama. Glad I don't live here anymore.

This Dame interview is hilarious so far.
We get that new Yeezy yet?
You should have fucked her tbh.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
whoever recommended Run the Jewels 2 to me when i asked for recommendations, thank you, this album is a [ s l a y ]

HiResDes

I'm gonna be honest, it really doesn't make sense that Dame would be the one to owe Jay money...And there's no way it was for that amount, Jay would have brought in a lawyer well before had he not received royalty checks for that long.

I didn't see all of it but it was pretty entertaining if somewhat confusing. There's a coli thread on it;

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/keit...jay-was-made-president-of-def-jam-wow.303502/

Hov didn't collect royalties for his first 8 albums? WUT.

Hold on. I can't tell if that was just Hov getting fucked or Hov having a long term master plan to expose the label. That doesn't make sense to me. Worse yet, 68mil over 8 albums? Jay sold well but enough for that many royalties? Nah unless he had the GOAT record contract.

Nibel

I'm at work but a friend texted me and said the video is 100% full of Dame interrupting the barber. Dude seems incapable of holding a conversation.

He kinda explains that at the beginning of the video saying that's because he's used to talk a lot without anybody interrupting him lmao

Esch

Banned
Hov didn't collect royalties for his first 8 albums? WUT.

Hold on. I can't tell if that was just Hov getting fucked or Hov having a long term master plan to expose the label. That doesn't make sense to me. Worse yet, 68mil over 8 albums? Jay sold well but enough for that many royalties? Nah unless he had the GOAT record contract.
I have trouble believing it too. I know he was making a lot off Rocawear and touring and other shit but damn lol.

68 million going awry would certainly be the kicker

The only good things Dame has done at Rocafella was push Jay-Z as their main dude, sign Kanye when Jay-Z said no for stupid reasons, some can argue signing Cam'ron I guess, and Rocawear (Again leveraging Jay-Z's popularity).

Bottled Lightning. One could argue those things were successful in spite of Dame and not because.

I have trouble believing it too. I know he was making a lot off Rocawear and touring and other shit but damn lol.

68 million going awry would certainly be the kicker

I would be inclined to believe the number if it included everything - album royalties, clothing, tours, etc. But he seemed to be saying that 68mil was from albums alone.

Trey

oh idk. it's just that everyone else is in full-on conspiracy mode right now.

you know, NeoGAF.

Yeah, I saw that nonsense brewing last night. "Is it just me, or do Sony exclusive get an unfair amount of detractors. Oh, and by the way, I only ever post in Sony threads."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom