• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

I kept a total of 5 songs from Gucci's 3 albums and now he comes out with Dessert, go fuck yourself with these throwaway unmastered basic FruityLoops sounding shits.

so
so you wanna, what, wanna tell another grown man what to pollinate his earbuds with?

real men don't do that
ynao8rF.png

lmao

Dilla's Fuck the Police is getting a re-release for Record Store Day:

J Dilla’s classic, out of print for over a decade, has been remastered from Dilla’s original mixes and issued on Pay Jay Productions as a badge-shaped 9“ picture disc single. Both the vocal and instrumental come straight from mix-downs that Dilla himself created.

http://www.rappcats.com/jdilla-fuck-the-police-badge-45/

damn nice

So a while back in the chat richardhawk kicked around the idea of doing a GAF-Hop album of the week type thing where each Sunday/Monday a member is drawn at random and gets to pick an album for us to listen to as a group and post impressions of throughout the week. Any album, not rap or hip-hop specific, from any time. Is there interest in that? If there is we should put a list of people down together and draw someone for next week.

cosign
or perhaps recommend two albums a week
one rap and one not

So a while back in the chat richardhawk kicked around the idea of doing a GAF-Hop album of the week type thing where each Sunday/Monday a member is drawn at random and gets to pick an album for us to listen to as a group and post impressions of throughout the week. Any album, not rap or hip-hop specific, from any time. Is there interest in that? If there is we should put a list of people down together and draw someone for next week.

I'm down for this as sounds fun.

Should we make another thread chiefly for that or keep it in house?
GAF-Hop Presents: broaden your horizons, ya bish

idk about a dedicated thread, kind of puts a lot of pressure on people to contribute on a regular basis throughout the week.

I thought it’d be nice to stimulate conversation here or there in the thread, chat, plug, etc. And just as a general community thing to get exposure to new music. Chance to slip thoughts into the conversation when there's an opportunity. There are a lot of guys in GAF-Hop with incredible taste and deep knowledge of genres outside of hip-hop who I’d love to pick out an album for a week. Esch with metal, Injurai and dnb, PD and soul/funk. idk if that really comes through when you're trying to get people to post in a thread so it doesn't die. And idk if I really care about what people outside of a few communities feel about music on GAF.

Eos

finally got to listen to the earl.
it has this nice drowsy (don't know what else to call it) but chill production that his voice compliments well. definitely a 7-8/10 with my favourite track being DNA.

deli2000

idk about a dedicated thread, kind of puts a lot of pressure on people to contribute on a regular basis throughout the week.

I thought it’d be nice to stimulate conversation here or there in the thread, chat, plug, etc. And just as a general community thing to get exposure to new music. Chance to slip thoughts into the conversation when there's an opportunity. There are a lot of guys in GAF-Hop with incredible taste and deep knowledge of genres outside of hip-hop who I’d love to pick out an album for a week. Esch with metal, Injurai and dnb, PD and soul/funk. idk if that really comes through when you're trying to get people to post in a thread so it doesn't die. And idk if I really care about what people outside of a few communities feel about music on GAF.

I would love something like this.

Trey

I like this idea.

Esch

Banned

I'm down, don't expect me to recommend anything extreme though if it's gonna be here . I'll hook you up with some Carnatic classics instead
w6dZQ3y.png

Not a good look for TDE. That's a fuck up on their end, but at the end of the day it also suggests his fanbase isn't as big as people thought; fans tend to cop the digital ASAP, and since physical copies weren't available initially...yeah. It's a good number obviously but once again highlights he's not as big as they think he is. And perhaps...Cole is bigger? What a depressing thought/fact. We'll see how things play out for the rest of the year.

Next week will probably be good as well though.

will SHMG top 318k?

Esch

Banned
Seems about right really. Bigger than GKMC but not significantly so due to a widely known as wack single and mixed word of mouth. Critics fuck with it but hey...

We'll see how it pans out. and yeah Cole has more fans than Kendrick imo.

Trey

Looks like Cole is about to get his first platinum album, too. Good for him.

I don't know much about album sales so I'll ask.

Does a huge drop (say 80% or 90%) usually follows the first week sales, or the albums have legs? (Pretty much asking for TPAB lol)

depends on the circumstance. More commercial acts like a Drake or a Nicki Minaj tend to be frontloaded, but GKMC for example pushed a quarter million first week and made platinum half a year later.

HabeeNo

I don't know much about album sales so I'll ask.

Does a huge drop (say 80% or 90%) usually follows the first week sales, or the albums have legs? (Pretty much asking for TPAB lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom