• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
you guys really need to behave better at shows

qBsuB5s.png

Yesterday on March 3rd, ChocQuibTown and Fresh Daily dropped new tracks.

Cuando Te Veo

"Cuando Te Veo" translated as When You See is a relatively safe single from the Columbian rap group ChocQuibTown. It stays to the same Latin sound that the group is known for. The track doesn't really stand out among a bunch of their other songs, but it's not a bad song, just all around average. Gloria's blesses us with her beautiful voice on the hook and the brothers rock the rhymes on their verses in conjunction to the beat, but it's nothing special. The track is relatively easy listening in it's production and vocals. To some things up, there are other songs by the group I would recommend to someone looking to get into the sub-genre.
5/10

That One Girl That One Time

His newest single in three years, Fresh Daily brings a song about one night stands. The song ends up being disappointing. The production by Dibiase is okay, nothing memorable, but the real meat of any rap song is the lyricism. The song features Quelle Chris and Moruf and all three rappers don't create anything of substance or favorable style on the track. The flows of all three emcees are relatively the same and that would be okay if the flow was engaging in either creating a sense of tranquility, or excitement, but it does neither. They fail to really engage you into the subject matter of the song which could've created a nice affectionate or party appropriate piece, but fails on both fronts. The whole package comes across as mediocre. The remix track is the same, but with a worse production. Fresh told me he has an album coming out this year. I hope that this is the worst of it.
4/10

So does Chance get an L being sidelined while his homie gets the spotlight with Kanye? Vic is Chance's artist iirc. There were rumors that Chance worked with Kanye but apparently nothing came of it.

He's still making crazy money touring but man...Chance fell off.

So does Chance get an L being sidelined while his homie gets the spotlight with Kanye? Vic is Chance's artist iirc. There were rumors that Chance worked with Kanye but apparently nothing came of it.

He's still making crazy money touring but man...Chance fell off.
Dumb reason to hand out an L. We need to start preserving this stuff otherwise it doesn't become special at all.

big ander

one song I heard seems alright

a lot of this heems album is hard even for a dr fan to defend. some straight garbage bland pop songs, some really bad storytelling and political commentary (like why does flag shopping just turn into rambly nonsense instead of literally telling a story about going flag shopping), plus his commentary never fully clarifies--it comes close on the last song. honestly bruh should give up rap. not saying in a way where I think he'd never make anything good again, but if the life is making you this unstable and your output is this dismaying, go back to finance. get rich, feed yourself. drop a feature on hot sugar and harry fraud tapes every once in a while, revisit pitchfork on blood orange and vampire weekend remixes every couple years.
victor won.
dapwell won.

mooooose

You can just put in garbage for the email, you don;'t have to check your email for the link, it just auto downloads after you hit ok

Esch

Banned
Oh wow Dre on Kendrick's album? I'm sure his feature won't be him shooting back at haters that suggested perhaps, that he fell off, and that he's back, and that y'all may have forgotten about him, or that we're amiss for ever doubting him, or that we're lacking in some sort of way.

codhand

Oh wow Dre on Kendrick's album? I'm sure his feature won't be him shooting back at haters that suggested perhaps, that he fell off, and that he's back, and that y'all may have forgotten about him, or that we're amiss for ever doubting him, or that we're lacking in some sort of way.

you forgot, "as ghost written by kendrick"

thabiz

when has he ever done that? stop making shit up esch.

You gotta be dumb as fuck to try and fight a dude at his concert. He'll obviously have tons of homies present.

Its not even the homies you have to worry about, its the 2015 weirdo rap fans that'll do ANYTHING for the artist. You heard that dude yell out "KILL THAT MOTHERFUCKER"

Travis Scott did get mopped up though

Exactly. I can't see him agreeing to some back to Africa shit. Expect Beats By Dre drops and maybe even a Detox mention.

cant wait for detox
almost as much as i cant wait for that dr. dre space instrumental album that will come out right after that...in a year using numerals we haven't yet invented because we cant comprehend a number (and thus year) so large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom