• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

I really liked the first one but is it really something that needs a sequel? Just let the first shine on its own and move onto something else.

I really liked the first one but is it really something that needs a sequel? Just let the first shine on its own and move onto something else.

Hell yeah it does if only as a conduit for some sweet tunes. But really, I feel like it has a lot to elaborate on story-wise and its good they're kinda doing away with the mask mechanic and having different characters

if any of y'all want to bless me with a hotline miami 2 code...

fNRRv3l.gif

i got you

Courage

Hell yeah it does if only as a conduit for some sweet tunes. But really, I feel like it has a lot to elaborate on story-wise and its good they're kinda doing away with the mask mechanic and having different characters

Fair enough, the music was pretty dope.

Yup; I got Jack and Jimmy Henchmen mixed up. Crazy stuff. I get the impression Pac was doomed regardless. That shit was going to catch up with him, even if he had survived the attack. Suge was reckless and that entire label was run by Bloods/Pirus. Based on his letters it sounded like Pac wanted to unite the gangs but I just don't believe he could achieve that after directly pissing off crips; so much gang shit is about long term beefs and slights that eventually end in violence. I get the impression his plan was to build up his clout and spread around so much money that both sides would listen to him. Ironically the gang violence has really reduced since then due to truces, and even crips view him as a legend.

Someone on The Coli stole all this info from a gang member's relative on another forum, who then made a Coli account and threatened him lol. The info and pics are interesting.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/suge...rson-and-the-south-side-compton-crips.289241/

I sometimes have the same question courage, but then I'm like fuck that I need to murder criminals to a dope ass soundtrack. I feel they should do something else after this as well, or if they continue with the franchise do something to really shake it up.

Courage

I sometimes have the same question courage, but then I'm like fuck that I need to murder criminals to a dope ass soundtrack. I feel they should do something else after this as well, or if they continue with the franchise do something to really shake it up.

You can only take a stylistic gory top down brawler so far. This one should still be good, but I don't see it reaching the highs of the first one. I hope I'm wrong.

Industry plant notwithstanding, Trinidad has always presented himself as a cool dude to the media. If you don't want him to win, you're a lame, straight up.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hotline Miami had an incredible soundtrack and look but actually playing it wasn't all that

Hotline Miami had an incredible soundtrack and look but actually playing it wasn't all that

people liked it's flair and attitude, goes a long way

gameplay is enough for a fun tume

It's one of the most viscerally satisfying games ever created, brehs

Like I don't know how you could downplay Hotline Miami's mechanics unless you just aren't into pure, precise, fast action-reaction combat feedback. The music is icing on the cake.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thinking out loud after Mike Dean RT'd an article about All Day credits and Kendrick: Kendrick and such might be credited because of the outro which might lead into a song with Kendrick on it proper. I feel like the album might just be done at this point.

Anybody still waiting for Ludaversal?

coming march 31st.

first track off it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw5SQ22RvrM
Luda has been trash for years, and yeah I still give all of his freestyles a listen hoping it'll change but nope.

The single is slightly better, but its kind of lame at the same time. Luda's raps just feel so forced nowadays.

Artist: DJ EFN
Album: Another Time

DJ EFN starts out the month with a crazy project. Another Time is a compilation album that is truly ambitious. DJ EFN puts together several rappers and producers of the 90's, early 2000s, and of upcoming underground for something special. You have the likes of Guilty Simpson, Scarface, Talib Kweli, Blu, Redman, Masta Ace and Sa-Roc all contributing their talents on this album. These guest features create an element that makes for something truly unique. I found myself in love with the few tracks ready to claim this album as a nine, but as it went on I didn't like it as much. The production on “Power” is disjointed, repetitive and feels out of place with the rest of the album. I was excited to hear Sa-Roc and Masta Ace's verses on that same track, but I came out disappointed. Sa-Roc didn't rhyme on beat while Masta Ace did, but his lyrics came out unfortunately sub-par. They lacked any depth, spark, or finesse. Sean Price’s flow at the start of his verse on “Crazy Dope” comes off a little awkward, but he manages to smooth it out for the rest of the verse. That concludes the flaws of the album. Those two tracks are really my only issues, the rest of the tracks deliver on flow, production, and lyrics. I usually don't favor trap, but Dead Prez and Trick Daddy gave me one of my exceptions with their verses on "Survival". Dead Prez presented thoughtful lyrics on achieving success and the endangerment of black youth in America. Trick Daddy on the other hand brings substantial flow and raw energy to the track. All in all Another Time is an album worth purchasing for any fan of rap.

8.5/10

Notable Tracks: Another Time, Who's Crazy, and We Earned It

I was also wondering if someone could critic this review. I was thinking about applying to one of these Hip-Hop sites.

Who here got their own dj equipment, the tables, vinyl collection and all that? Zero experience with that shit, I wanna start something for myself,but I got no clue whats what as far as what brands to gravitate toward/avoid, etc. I can drop a few grand on some start up equipment, but I cant go over 5 gs, ya know. Should I just fuck with software, get some familiarity and experience with different programs, then make a decision on hardware?

Daria

Who here got their own dj equipment, the tables, vinyl collection and all that? Zero experience with that shit, I wanna start something for myself,but I got no clue whats what as far as what brands to gravitate toward/avoid, etc. I can drop a few grand on some start up equipment, but I cant go over 5 gs, ya know. Should I just fuck with software, get some familiarity and experience with different programs, then make a decision on hardware?

no tables or vinyl here, but I do have a macbook, keyboard and software.

first i'd not worry about buying 5 thousand dollars worth of equipment right off the bat because just because your mixer is professional grade that doesnt mean you sound professional. drop a few hundred on a MIDI controller, hit some record stores and look in the bargin bins, then buy some software. start making mixes in your spare time, understand why clean transitions are important and yada yada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom