• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

It's cool but I can't cosign a three song EP in 2015. EP=5-7 tracks at the least.

I thought it was dope, was bumping it for a while... but also thought my file was fucked up when I first listened. 3 tracks on an EP seemed awfully skimpy. Thought it was going to be like at least 5...

Also lmao at all the promo shit for TPAB dropping now,

Tokubetsu

Earl is the male rapper version of girls that use profanity and wear new eras and sneakers to try and appear 'cool' and find some personality.

6NNCNLm.jpg

Terrible, should have made a video for blacker the berry instead. And thrown the interlude after i into the music video (that going into mortal man is...powerful)

Esch

Banned
This is gonna be a hit lol, huge. You can tell cause GAF hates it like crazy.

Rihanna ( Rihanna's writers? Team? ) is a genius at taking stuff from the trap and drill scene and making it radio palatable. Reinterpreting future and young thug with this singy songy not quite singing not quite rapping style.

Rhianna song is trash and will likely make a high entry on the charts and an early exit.

Shit just sounds awkward and not genuine. Even moreso than 7/11 which I thought was the height of awkward bandwagon jumping - but at least that song was melodic. Rhianna's song isn't.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rihanna song is so homogenous-sounding I don't see it going anywhere. Not particularly catchy, sounds like a Mike WiLL throwaway. I mean, it'll be crack because it's from Rihanna but it's not a mega smash.

Courage

Rihanna song is so homogenous-sounding I don't see it going anywhere. Not particularly catchy, sounds like a Mike WiLL throwaway. I mean, it'll be crack because it's from Rihanna but it's not a mega smash.

this is what we said about fourfiveseconds

Esch

Banned
It'll be huge on urban radio and in clubs, probably minimal crossover

pd is never right about this sort of shit
myyqQEs.png

Courage

Wanted to go back and praise Beast Mode for a second.

04oWMkT.jpg

Maybe my favorite Future tape. Not a big fan of Future's crooning, but holy shit it harmonizes so well with Zaytoven's pianowork. It fuses melancholy and bravado with some of the best instrumentation I've heard this year. I also appreciate how concise it is. No filler or bloat, straight up flames all the way through.

The strings and piano on No Basic brehs. Zaytoven the gawd.

Top 3 of the year so far.

Wanted to go back and praise Beast Mode for a second.

04oWMkT.jpg

Maybe my favorite Future tape. Not a big fan of Future's crooning, but holy shit it harmonizes so well with Zaytoven's pianowork. It fuses melancholy and bravado with some of the best instrumentation I've heard this year. I also appreciate how concise it is. No filler or bloat, straight up flames all the way through.

The strings and piano on No Basic brehs. Zaytoven the gawd.

Top 3 of the year so far.

Agree with this the tape is full of bangers Zaytoven on the piano keys....

:whew: Forever Eva is my favorite of this tape. I hope they get back in the studio for his next album because Zaytoven's production fits so well with Future.

Monster and beast mode are strong tapes but yeah the latter just proves how awesome single producer/rapper projects can be

Metro thuggin is gonna be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom