• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

fuck the slow-mo

legend-satan-laughing-o.gif

codhand

When Run The Jewels sent me this track, I knew we had the opportunity to create a film that means something. I felt a sense of responsibility to do just that. We had to exploit the lyrics and aggression and emotion of the track, and translate that into a film that would ignite a valuable and productive conversation about racially motivated violence in this country.

ok this statement by the director is kinda undermined by lines like

"Trained in the art of vagina whispering"

but whatevs it's a cool video regardless.

havent heard leftfield since the Wipeout soundtrack

it's a pretty good second week considering how divisive the sound of the album is tho, plus the singles haven't gotten traction. he kind of walked away with a win since he got out the album he wanted and it didn't flop for him either.

dunno how danny brown flopped so hard. i guess he just doesn't have any sort of fanbase showing up for him really.

btw listening to this jenny death right now

I needed some new Roc Marciano like yesterday. It's a shame he didn't make Bronson's album but it makes sense

I wonder what's up with the label he runs, Man Bites Dog. AG The Coroner's album still isn't out nor has he released a mixtape. Roc has been super quiet as well. Weird...

Courage

Isn't that partially his fault for going for the surprise rollout with no promo and no noteworthy single? I like Grief but Doris came out the gate with a better single iirc. The song with Vince Staples.
Chum was the first single. As much as I dislike Doris, Chum is probably his best song out of all 3 albums.

did they seriously compare kendrick to john coltrane? seriously?

Moreso in terms of Kendrick shifting towards a more spiritual, improvisational direction, as Coltrane did with Love Supreme. Not "Kendrick is Coltrane," obviously. That's too simple.

The strings on TPAB are amazing. Especially towards the end of Mortal Man, alongside that great jazz outro. Honestly that might be my favorite musical moment of 2015 thus far. Shit just sounds beautiful and seems to be building to such a brilliant climax when it abruptly ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom