• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premiere: Watch Sir Michael Rocks' "Pull Up" Video

Yesterday, Sir Michael Rocks shocked fans with the news he was retiring from rap to study nature and wildlife with National Geographic. Well, April Fools everyone. Not only is Rocks not retiring, but he's back with a brand new video that's actually the first single from his next project, Populair​. "Populair is the next continuation in the Banco saga which will span from 2014-2024 AD," Sir Michael Rocks explains.

In the video for "Pull Up," Rocks actually did "link with" National Geographic, as they sent him into a "frozen tundra" to search for the best cold weather wild life. While there are not a ton of details about the upcoming project, based on the lyrics of this song, it sounds like it will be available to purchase through National Geographic upon its release in the near future... "The video came together after Nat Geo wanted to get some shots of me in a more frozen climate to search for the best ice fishing and cold weather wild life. There was a type of wolf called the Tasmanian wolf that went extinct decades ago. Before their extinction, when they were still prevalent, a jacket was made from the fur (cruelty free)," he said. Welp, look for the album coming soon and peep the new video above.

next weeks chart projections

*Wale (Atlantic) 85-90k sales, 90-95k SPS
Kendrick Lamar (TDE/Aftermath/Interscope) 55-60k sales, 70-75k SPS
*Ludacris (Def Jam) 55-60k sales, 60-65k SPS
*Death Cab For Cutie (Atlantic) 45-50k sales, 50-55k SPS
*Darius Rucker (Capitol Nashville) 40-45k sales, 40-45k SPS
Sam Smith (Capitol) 35-40k sales, 55-60k SPS
Kidz Bop Kids (Razor & Tie) 35-40k sales, 35-40k SPS
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 30-35k sales, 50-55k SPS
Empire Cast (Twentieth Century Fox/Columbia) 30-35k sales, 40-45k SPS
*Three Days Grace (RCA) 30-35k sales, 30-35k SPS
*Hollywood Undead (Interscope) 30-35k sales, 30-35k SPS
Ed Sheeran (Atlantic) 25-28k sales, 45-50k SPS
*Van Halen (Rhino) 24-27 sales, 25- 28k SPS
Fifty Shades of Grey (Republic) 24-27k sales, 50-55k SPS
*Sufjan Stevens (Asthmatic Kitty) 23-25k sales, 24-27k SPS
Meghan Trainor (Epic) 21-23k sales, 35-40k SPS
*Jodeci (Epic) 21-23k sales, 22-25k SPS

RIP MMG? It's been a slow death but now it seems like the end is here. Or maybe this is just the result of Wale releasing an album dedicated to a show 90% of his fans never heard of.

Koozek

DominoKid

UnlawfulAlienatedConch.gif

I met a little boy that resembled my features
Nappy afro, gap in his smile
Hand me down sneakers bounced through the crowd
Run a number on many woman that crossed him
Sun beamin' on his beady beads exhausted
Tossin' footballs with his ashy black ankles
Breakin' new laws, mama passed on home trainin'
He looked at me and said, "Kendrick you do know my language
You just forgot because of what public schools had painted
Oh, I forgot, don't kill my vibe, that's right, you're famous
I used to watch on Channel 5, TV was taken
But never mind you're here right now don't you mistake it
It's just a new trip, take a glimpse at your family's ancestor
Make a new list, of everything you thought was progress
And that was bullshit, I mean your life is full of turmoil
Spoiled by fantasies of who you are, I feel bad for you
I can attempt to enlighten you without frightenin' you
If you resist, I'll back off quick, go catch a flight or two
But if you pick destiny over rest in peace then be an advocate
Tell your homies especially to come back home"

3rVyGnZ.gif

might be my verse of the year. I just love how evocative the imagery is brehs.

So I had to up my data plan by 5 gigs, but i signed up for the Tidal Hi-Fi trial.
Straight off the cuff, I notice the selection of Beatles album is nonexistent (I found a few hits albums and nothing more) Wu Tang Clan is missing key albums (no Iron Flag, Masta Killah's "No Said Date" GZA's "Liquid Swords" and "Legend of the Liquid Swords" are nowhere to be found..yet, strangely, U-God's Dopium and Inspectah Deck's Uncontrolled Substance are on there) ...Dilla's much beloved "Donuts" album isnt on there either. (though they do have a nice collection of Dilla b-side material and lesser known instrumentals.) I also couldnt find Fat Joe's Darkside Vol 1. (only his best album in a 12 year time span) yet they have Darkside Vol. 3 available. Time will definitely fix a lot of the gaping holes in their library but I dont see how this will convert anyone who isnt already using Spotify or some other cheaper streaming service. I like it because I listen to a lot of music throughout my day, at home and on my mobile, and I'm using a ton of storage space with my catalogue, so I dont mind the idea of paying money for organization Im too lazy to do myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom