• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Flocka 2 is my next most anticipated rap album this year as long as it's still a thing and also that he saves the grotesque bro-step spring break collabs for another project.

and lo, Moses said; 'he who awaits the sequel to a classic album shall only be fraught with disappointment'

I'm not a fan but am I crazy in believing Flocka would have been pretty big if he had played his cards right? White people love that dude. Or at least did.

BlackJace

I'm not a fan but am I crazy in believing Flocka would have been pretty big if he had played his cards right? White people love that dude. Or at least did.

Nah, you ain't crazy. Getting off Brick Squad and disassociating with Gucci seem to be steps in the right direction, tbh.

Tape's pretty alright.

Detox

New song off the GTA PC / Alc Oh No etc soundtrack, it was used in the new 60fps trailer.

MNDR - Lock & Load Feat Killer Mike

Can't remember if the tracklist was posted, looks dope. Most hyped for the Eiht and 40 water songs.

01 Gangrene: "Play It Cool" [ft. Future Islands’ Samuel T Herring & Earl Sweatshirt]
02 Ab-Soul: "Trouble" [ft. Aloe Blacc]
03 Tunde Adebimpe: "Speedline Miracle Masterpiece" [ft. Sal P & Sinkane]
04 MC Eiht & Freddie Gibbs: "Welcome to Los Santos" [ft. Kokane]
05 Phantogram: "KYSA"
6 Vybz Kartel: "Fast Life"
07 King Avriel: "20's 50's 100’s" [ft. A$AP Ferg]
08 MNDR: "Lock & Load" [ft. Killer Mike]
09 Popcaan: "Born Bad" [ft. Freddie Gibbs]
10 E-40: "California" [ft. Dam-Funk & Ariel Pink]
11 Wavves: "Leave"
12 Curren$y & Freddie Gibbs: "Fetti"
13 Little Dragon: "Wanderer"
14 Action Bronson & Danny Brown: "Bad News"

Esch

Banned
Depends.

Like most trap rappers flocka really doesn't have the type or level of content to be really big. The most I ever see him attaining is like, Ross level success if he themes his projects a little better and picks some different production. People love him for the energy sensu Busta Rhymes and for his heavy meme potential but I don't see any scenario where he's real big shit. Despite his sonic contributions (well Lex's) and pretty good rapping ability he's never been thrown in the conversation.

PBY

Banned
Depends.

Like most trap rappers flocka really doesn't have the type or level of content to be really big. The most I ever see him attaining is like, Ross level success if he themes his projects a little better and picks some different production. People love him for the energy sensu Busta Rhymes and for his heavy meme potential but I don't see any scenario where he's real big shit. Despite his sonic contributions (well Lex's) and pretty good rapping ability he's never been thrown in the conversation.

I feel like he could make an album w/ steve aoki or some shit and just be massive tho

Cheddahz

Banned
Flocka's first album is a classic and while the second one isn't as good, it has quite a good number of songs on it

I got the chance to see Flocka live at a
Odd Future
show in 2011 in some club and it was probably one of the best shows that I ever went to
Flocka ended up playing a majority of the show for some odd reason

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol I remember those old ontario health cards

i'll check it out
Still got mine, #neverchange

I feel like he could make an album w/ steve aoki or some shit and just be massive tho
I feel like such a thing would be forgotten within the week tho.

In some ways I think Flocka did good for himself chilling on the side as oppose to getting swindled into a shitty major deal and disappearing after a year and a half.

Cheddahz

Banned
A tracklist came out for that GTAV soundtrack a few days ago
The Alchemist and Oh No Present: Welcome to Los Santos:

01 Gangrene: "Play It Cool" [ft. Future Islands’ Samuel T Herring & Earl Sweatshirt]
02 Ab-Soul: "Trouble" [ft. Aloe Blacc]
03 Tunde Adebimpe: "Speedline Miracle Masterpiece" [ft. Sal P & Sinkane]
04 MC Eiht & Freddie Gibbs: "Welcome to Los Santos" [ft. Kokane]
05 Phantogram: "KYSA"
6 Vybz Kartel: "Fast Life"
07 King Avriel: "20's 50's 100’s" [ft. A$AP Ferg]
08 MNDR: "Lock & Load" [ft. Killer Mike]
09 Popcaan: "Born Bad" [ft. Freddie Gibbs]
10 E-40: "California" [ft. Dam-Funk & Ariel Pink]
11 Wavves: "Leave"
12 Curren$y & Freddie Gibbs: "Fetti"
13 Little Dragon: "Wanderer"
14 Action Bronson & Danny Brown: "Bad News"

thabiz

Ol’ Dirty Bastard: The ODB-Sides in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of ODB’s Return to the 36 Chambers album. This is a collection of ODB hits, freestyles, and rarities that United Crates has so graciously compiled for us into one mix

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Poor Cheddaz, either it was the thinly-veiled gay joke about KDot, shitting on Bloodborne or copping to playing Animal Crossing.

Probably the Animal Crossing thing.

MoodyFog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvnDzKh52zw

full

Esch

Banned
French rap sounds too much like American rap these days; so does most of the European stuff, too.

Miss the old minimalist beats and shit. :cryfam

Yeah cause back in the day french rap was never using a template americans set out for them

thabiz

Yeah cause back in the day french rap was never using a template americans set out for them

come on esch. theres plenty of pioneers of french rap that shaped the sound internationally, like.....and the other guy......and the dude with the hair.

MoodyFog

French rap sounds too much like American rap these days; so does most of the European stuff, too.

Miss the old minimalist beats and shit. :cryfam

One of the most famous French rap quotes is "France is like the US, just withdraw ten years"

We pretty much always copy the US which is logic lol

But for a very very long time french rappers have been way too influenced by old NY rap à la Mobb Deep tbh

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Y'all non-traveling Americans really have no idea. All of Europe - besides fashion and food - just seems like America 10-15 years ago. 20 more if you go to Eastern Europe. It's really weird still seeing PC games all over the shelves and things like data plans for phones are still picking up steam out here. Folks generally still using prepaids for everything on this side of the Rhine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom