• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah cause back in the day french rap was never using a template americans set out for them

Kanye mixed the braggadocio of his former proteges The Sugarhill Gang with European sexual sensibilities to create the minimalist French hip hop in 1987.

Bacon

You guys know of anyone similar to earl sweatshirt? Really feeling his new album and I'm looking for other stuff that sounds like it.

MoodyFog

You guys know of anyone similar to earl sweatshirt?

807070_ZQS1KYKLKXTBZDXC13F7W2T5V42JI4_anesthesiste_H183200_L.jpg

Nibel

One of the most famous French rap quotes is "France is like the US, just withdraw ten years"

We pretty much always copy the US which is logic lol

But for a very very long time french rappers have been way too influenced by old NY rap à la Mobb Deep tbh

Hm, yeah I think I can agree with the last bit.. it's not like there hasn't be a bunch of it.

But I fucks with it

New song off the GTA PC / Alc Oh No etc soundtrack, it was used in the new 60fps trailer.

MNDR - Lock & Load Feat Killer Mike

Can't remember if the tracklist was posted, looks dope. Most hyped for the Eiht and 40 water songs.

Funny, that beat was used in the very first gameplay video like 2 years ago (and also featured in a mission). I remember someone calling that it sounded like an Alchemist beat but I didn't think Rockstar would go to him for the score.

I wish they were attaching all these new tracks to an expansion though. I'm really over vanilla GTAV at this point (not that I ever thought it was amazing)

injurai

Banned
Y'all non-traveling Americans really have no idea. All of Europe - besides fashion and food - just seems like America 10-15 years ago. 20 more if you go to Eastern Europe. It's really weird still seeing PC games all over the shelves and things like data plans for phones are still picking up steam out here. Folks generally still using prepaids for everything on this side of the Rhine.

Stay in the 90's. America was better back then.

Esch

Banned
You guys know of anyone similar to earl sweatshirt? Really feeling his new album and I'm looking for other stuff that sounds like it.

have you tried taking like 3 ambien, putting on a Ben Stein speech and listening to Neptunes B-sides for like 45 minutes?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Man totally wanted to cop that, will listen to it asap breh

And @Europe: where I live everybody runs around like Kanye

Yeah, I just came back from Prague and I feel like a goddamn hillbilly. You got to have your fashion game on fucking point out there. I was just chilling in some decent jeans and a button up and I felt way the fuck out of place. Might as well have been naked with a giant green arrow painted on my torso.

Cudder

Planning on going to Europe in the summer for 2 (hopefully 3) weeks. I've got family in Italy, so I can save some change staying with them in terms of hotel and food. I'd travel to different countries/cities while I'm there too by train or flight, but haven't decided anything firm.

PBY

Banned
Planning on going to Europe in the summer for 2 (hopefully 3) weeks. I've got family in Italy, so I can save some change staying with them in terms of hotel and food. I'd travel to different countries/cities while I'm there too by train or flight, but haven't decided anything firm.

I really loved portugal fyi

WanderingWind

There really isn't any wrong choices, tbh. I've had adventures everywhere I've been. Most places are chill as hell, but I'm saying for all you people walking around mad that people aren't recognizing your gear, go to Prague and be among your people.

Nibel

Yeah, I just came back from Prague and I feel like a goddamn hillbilly. You got to have your fashion game on fucking point out there. I was just chilling in some decent jeans and a button up and I felt way the fuck out of place. Might as well have been naked with a giant green arrow painted on my torso.

On point, lmao

It's fucking weird. Skinny jeans + oversized tees inspired by Givenchy + 'all black everything' + cap is like the standard outfit nowadays.

It's not Europe that is dragging behind like 10-20 years, it's dudes like us lol

WanderingWind

On point, lmao

It's fucking weird. Skinny jeans + oversized tees inspired by Givenchy + 'all black everything' + cap is like the standard outfit nowadays.

It's not Europe that is dragging behind like 10-20 years, it's dudes like us lol

hahaha, well, I used to be with it, but they changed what "it" was and I fucking like Timbs, alright?

Bacon

have you tried taking like 3 ambien, putting on a Ben Stein speech and listening to Neptunes B-sides for like 45 minutes?

Ha, never tried that but it might be the way to go. Dunno why but I'm really feeling the low key, chill vibes from this album right now.

overcast

Sounds dope man.

Fjordson

Ha, never tried that but it might be the way to go. Dunno why but I'm really feeling the low key, chill vibes from this album right now.
You've probably already heard all his stuff, but in case you haven't, I would recommend MF Doom. It's not exactly the same, but when I listen to Earl I always hear a big Doom influence.

Dereck

Chester Watson is better I'm convinced now.
Did he produce the majority of Tin Wooki?

EDIT: He produced a good chunk

I'm waiting for him to put out a more focused, shorter release. Tin Wooki suffers for being too long and not knowing what it wants to do.

Bacon

You've probably already heard all his stuff, but in case you haven't, I would recommend MF Doom. It's not exactly the same, but when I listen to Earl I always hear a big Doom influence.

I've listened to some of his stuff but not a lot. Any recommendation of where to start?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tink interview on Sway. She gets into a bit of her background as an artist, the pressure, working with Timberlake etc. She seems quite humble.

It just occurred to me that Timbaland and Timberlake should title their next project Lake & Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom