• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
you'd think Spitta would talk to Smoke about the dangers of linking up with dame but
emLYCGt.png

breh just think. If Dame was even halfway a decent person he could have had:

-Curren$y
-Wiz Khalifa
-Jay Electronica
-Mos Def
-Smoke DZA

All on is label.

Nibel

Great piece on David Wise; didn't know DK was sampled that often by others.

efTeIVT.png

I advise everyone to listen to 0 to 100 and stare at this picture of Mister Wise

Eminem/Shady Records origin story featuring Eminem, Dre, and 50 cent.
32 mins long
-Eminem and Paul Rosenberg started working together in '97 (he meet him through proof)
-Paul liked Infinite but thought Eminem need more growth
-Dre first heard Em at Jimmy Iovine's house (intern gave it to jimmy)
-Dre never knew he was white
-Hi My Name Is was the first track they made together
-They went to Interscope because of em's controversial lyrics
-Dre produced stuff for Obie, D12, etc though he didn't have to
-Though he was drugged out, Em would pay attention to Dre producing, he wanted to know how to mix
-He watched over Dre's shoulder and saw how he produced things
-Dre likes using live instruments ("adds your own signature to the record")
-Eminem wrote all of Forgot About Dre and showed it to Dre afterwards, wanting him to make the beat
-Mr.Porter started out as a rapper but felt he did the group better by becoming a producer
-After SSLP, Em wanted D12 signed, they had said whoever made it first would bring the others along
-Def Jam was an inspiration
-Lose Yourself is one of Dre's favourite songs
-Talks about 50 Cent getting shot, legs broke, hands broke, etc
-No one knew if 50 would be able to record again
-50 got stopped at the airport en route to meet Em because he had a vest; Told them it was a back brace lol
-Universal offered 50 1.3million but he turned them down, and told Yayo he's going with Em
-Royce thinks GRODR came at the right time
-Obie sold 2million without a radio hit on his first album
-Proof brought everyone together
-Proof's death devastated everyone
-2006 was a bad year for shady records, a lot of songs weren't connecting
-Em sobered up, they released relapse, then recovery
-He reconnected with Royce, and he introduced him to Slaughterhouse
-Jim Jonsin sold Em on Yelawolf
-Em to 50 is what Dre is to Em
-Next 15 years they just want to sign the next big talent and new artists in general

Only 11 mins in and even though im an Em stan this is required viewing
just great

big ander

After 2 listens to the ratking today it's one of the three '15 releases I've heard and enjoyed on the whole, above Open Mike but below Blue Dream & Lean 2

Tokubetsu

After 2 listens to the ratking today it's one of the three '15 releases I've heard and enjoyed on the whole, above Open Mike but below Blue Dream & Lean 2

AS somsone who only really fucked with snowbeach this whole release is so good. Sticky Trap might even be better than Flurry.

"It's not just the lyrical dexterity that people know him for, it's the emotional depth in his music that makes Em so special." -Noah Callahan-Bever with Just Lose It playing in the background

What up gaf it's ya boy, the poster formerly known as Pol Pothead aka young Ingmar Birdman aka Stanley 2 Bricks back with another shitty drug pun name. Lost my student email and forgot the details on my old account, but have been enjoying the #positivity this thread has been spreading as a lurker.

Maxo Kream done dropped a new project I am going through now.

Maxo Kream - 187

Courage

Just to post my thoughts here as well: I gave the new Ratking a few listens and thought it was pretty good. I don't think it's as good as So It Goes though. While So It Goes had a more raw, harsh and grimy sound, this one has a Southern tinge (even flow-wise) with an emphasis on bangers. Not that that's bad, but it's not what I loved about So It Goes last year. The noisier production suited the fiery lyricism and passion the group has (mostly Wiki), and this album is set back a notch creatively. I still like it and it might grow on me, but it's not what I expected from them really.

What up gaf it's ya boy, the poster formerly known as Pol Pothead aka young Ingmar Birdman aka Stanley 2 Bricks back with another shitty drug pun name. Lost my student email and forgot the details on my old account, but have been enjoying the #positivity this thread has been spreading as a lurker.

Maxo Kream done dropped a new project I am going through now.

Maxo Kream - 187

Yup, went through it once. Didn't like it. Quiccstrikes was better...will give it another listen though. Clientele was my shit doe, Maxo destroys that song

Just to post my thoughts here as well: I gave the new Ratking a few listens and thought it was pretty good. I don't think it's as good as So It Goes though. While So It Goes had a more raw, harsh and grimy sound, this one has a Southern tinge (even flow-wise) with an emphasis on bangers. Not that that's bad, but it's not what I loved about So It Goes last year. The noisier production suited the fiery lyricism and passion the group has (mostly Wiki), and this album is set back a notch creatively. I still like it and it might grow on me, but it's not what I expected from them really.

I agree it's not nearly as good as So It Goes, but it's still good to me. My biggest single complaint is that Wiki doesn't have the first verse Lenape Lane. That's the type of beat I want him swooping in first on, Inspecta Deck style, to match the energy of that beat. But it's still dope.

Esch

Banned
Ratking needs to dump Hak / Wiki needs to go solo. Dude is such a wasteman he's bringing down the whole swag of every project

Ratking needs to dump Hak / Wiki needs to go solo. Dude is such a wasteman he's bringing down the whole swag of every project

I'm fine with his hooks, he sounds great over the sax on Arnold Palmer for instance. But man...out of all the black rappers in NY, Wiki had to get this dude? Shit is like getting AIDs from a blowjob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom