• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fuck bloodborne, I can't stop playing Cities long enough to even consider it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So it goes...

tumblr_m5rb12tyQy1r5syyvo1_500.gif

codhand

Is it good? I've been wanting to get my spreadsheet on for some time now with that one.

one man's fun, is another man's pain the ass.
q7n7s7m.png

it doesnt get too spreadsheety with the stats, it's more about a hotline miami style of progression, except instead of instant respawns after death, you get the world's WOAT load screen.

the atmosphere and level design are something to behold. im over four bosses in. keep in mind this is the perspective of someone who hates gundam though, so i know that renders my opinion null for some

Grakl

This is late, but I'm really liking I Don't Like Shit a lot more now after a dozen listens or so. Probably better than Doris.

PBY

Banned
ya, but you're playing a from soft game. that's like saying fuck anime, when you have a blu ray player with escaflowne in it right now.

BqhZwHG.png
Real talk- it's just that pcs are too confusing for me. Throw settings and shit into the bushes.

Now back to levelling strength and vitality.

Detox

Real talk- it's just that pcs are too confusing for me. Throw settings and shit into the bushes.

Now back to levelling strength and vitality.

Don't need to touch any of that shit if you don't want. Also the driver software now has a an optimise button for every game you have installed, the data is collected from users who got similar or the same gpu as you so it automatically sets it up for your setup.

CRS

Throw settings and shit into the bushes.

Today, only difference between PC gaming and consoles is the game looks better on a PC (for the most part)

Settings and messing with are such a non-issue that you can play the game without ever going into the Options menu.

Both consoles and PCs update games now. No difference at all. You can even buy a pre-built machine if you think building one is a problem (it isn't.)

Esch

Banned
Also the driver software now has a an optimise button for every game you have installed, the data is collected from users who got similar or the same gpu as you so it automatically sets it up for your setup.

Yeah, i noticed this. You given this a try? I'd probably never use it because i like to tweak myself but i can see it being occasionally useful once every couple of years for the random eastern european game with 40 graphical drop down options and ambient occlusion solutions i've never heard of.

CRS

Doesn't the game just scan your hardware and do it itself? Sure, the game doesn't always pick the right choices but more often than not, doesn't it always pick the safe choice so the game runs smoothly?

Esch

Banned
Doesn't the game just scan your hardware and do it itself? Sure, the game doesn't always pick the right choices but more often than not, doesn't it always pick the safe choice so the game runs smoothly?

i find that sometimes game hardware scans can be a little weird, or conservative. like they'll give me a lower resolution or something on my laptop, when actually the game can run on the thing at 40-60fps on high settings 1080p just fine.

I think the NVIDIA 'optimize' function is just the 'average' of the most popular settings people picked for that individual game.

CRS

Yeah, but if you just want to press a button, play a game and not mind about sacrificing a bit of quality, then you don't have to worry about all that.
qPYUFWv.jpg

Detox

Yeah, i noticed this. You given this a try? I'd probably never use it because i like to tweak myself but i can see it being occasionally useful once every couple of years for the random eastern european game with 40 graphical drop down options and ambient occlusion solutions i've never heard of.

Never used it but on AMD it has multiple settings so you choose between performance and quality. I think for someone like Peter it's cool to just have a button that has a good idea what the settings for your setup should be.

Like you I have a good idea what settings I can turn down without significantly affecting the look. I also prefer performance so I'm not afraid to turn down, I know there are some people who have to have shit on high no matter what gpu they got and when the game came out.

My PC is going to struggle on witcher 3 and GTA V but I'll manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom