• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Brehs this session right now:

tumblr_mnitzka9lE1qd438eo1_400.gif

Yelawolf's album is a really uneven listen. Unlike some people I'm not dying for him to return to the old Trunk Muzik sound, in fact I think Trunk Muzik Returns from 2013 is his best project so far, and all the good parts of Love Story are the ones that sound like a direct continuation of what he did on that: Darker effects heavy Justified swamp-people production, really solid melodic layered vocals and hooks, verses in the pocket, etc. The issue is that some (half?) of Love Story is comprised of traditional country-rock themed hip-hop beats run through a modern Eminem filter where the bounce of stuff like Firestarter, Box Chevy 4 and Catfish Billy from Trunk Muzik Returns is completely absent.

- Till It's Gone and Tennessee Love are still great tracks. Best on here.
- Change, Empty Bottles, Box Chevy V, Love Story, and Sky's The Limit are all solid
- Have A Great Flight takes a bit too long to morph into a hip-hop track, but I kinda messes with it.
- Eminem's verse on Best Friend is turrble. The song ain't great as a whole, but god, Eminem just can't restrain himself anymore. MMLP2 leftover status

ShadyRecordsIn2015 /10

i might listen to it soon then, that last single of his was so shit-tier though. it didn't even sound as good as a few kid rock songs lol.

til it's gone is indeed great though.

i might listen to it soon then, that last single of his was so shit-tier though. it didn't even sound as good as a few kid rock songs lol.

til it's gone is indeed great though.

Which one was that, American You? Yeah, not a fan. That and Fiddle Me This are the worst tracks. The wrong kind of "country." If he got rid of those and the lower energy generic Eminem style stuff I'd like it a lot more.

he has a song called fiddle me this? hahaha. yeah i was talking about american you.

i'd like him to make a whole album of stuff like the juicy j/dj paul collabs and way out. the latter was so spacey.

If nothing else the money made will help fund whatever comes next.

They've already made like double the rest of the entire industry's profits since GTAV came out. They could give the PC release away for free at this point.

My sodium levels sound high right now though. Go have fun. It seems well optimized and looks great. I'll be reserving my ticket for the Red Dead 3 hype train

overcast

injurai

Banned
They've already made like double the rest of the entire industry's profits since GTAV came out. They could give the PC release away for free at this point.

My sodium levels sound high right now though. Go have fun. It seems well optimized and looks great. I'll be reserving my ticket for the Red Dead 3 hype train

and I'll be there to catch that train with you

Haven't given it a really strong listen but..

Cherry Bomb is awful.

I've never understood y'all complaining about mixing until this one. It sounds so bad.

what about mbdtf blackule? you notice it in that?

Not necessarily the mixing on MBDTF, but I do understand the over produced complaints. Some choices Kanye made on the album especially with the heavy distortion on some tracks weren't kind on the ears.

Still mad that he added those drums onto Lost In The World.. the original version was better. (One from the Runaway movie thing)

Courage

Not necessarily the mixing on MBDTF, but I do understand the over produced complaints. Some choices Kanye made on the album especially with the heavy distortion on some tracks weren't kind on the ears.

Still mad that he added those drums onto Lost In The World.. the original version was better. (One from the Runaway movie thing)

The distortion occurs because of the mastering. The prime example is Monster where there's a shitload of clipping.

Ninja Dom

Gonna try to listen to new Yelawolf today.

Single with Eminem is kind of boring.

A few tracks (4) produced by Dr. Dre on this album.

pronk420

is barter 6 a reference to something (other than the carter)? some world wide web page i was looking at on the internet said it was but i couldn't figure out what they meant.

EDIT: P.S. if anyone wants to suggest yt mixtapes I'm literally all ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom