• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

is barter 6 a reference to something (other than the carter)? some world wide web page i was looking at on the internet said it was but i couldn't figure out what they meant.

EDIT: P.S. if anyone wants to suggest yt mixtapes I'm literally all ears.
I'm pretty sure it's a Blood thing.

Nitsuj23

is barter 6 a reference to something (other than the carter)? some world wide web page i was looking at on the internet said it was but i couldn't figure out what they meant.

EDIT: P.S. if anyone wants to suggest yt mixtapes I'm literally all ears.

On Thug's Instagram he posted a video saying something about a "fuck boy trying to sue him" so he changed the name to Barter 6. But replacing the letter 'c' with 'b' is something he does often anyway as a blood (idk how "real" he is with it, although signs point to at least semi-real). 1017 Thug is a good intro mixtape. It's where he started to hone his style imo. His early mixtapes (I Came From Nothing series) don't have the same production quality and there's a ton of trash, but there are some interesting songs that help visualize his progression. The two Rich Gang tapes with RHQ are pretty good. A lot of loose stuff too that's not on tapes (The Blangauge, Some More, Cash Talk, etc.).

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAFUCKCLEVELANDAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at Yelawolf making a Kid Rock album with no Bawitaba or midget support. Jesus Christ somebody needs take Em into the woods and ol' Yeller his musician ruining ass. Fuck singalong Cassidy and the Bitchass Kid. What is it about white rappers that, on a long enough timeline, they try their hand at country music? Everlast, Rock and now Mr. Go Pop My Trunk So I Can Fetch My Bajoo.

overcast

I slept on this hella, gave it another go and it's phenomenal, super chill and a bit somber. Gotta change the rapup around.
Love the jazzy first track, good first impression.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAFUCKCLEVELANDAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at Yelawolf making a Kid Rock album with no Bawitaba or midget support. Jesus Christ somebody needs take Em into the woods and ol' Yeller his musician ruining ass. Fuck singalong Cassidy and the Bitchass Kid. What is it about white rappers that, on a long enough timeline, they try their hand at country music? Everlast, Rock and now Mr. Go Pop My Trunk So I Can Fetch My Bajoo.
They're just going back to their roots man. Real music.

Fjordson

New Tyler is...meh.

But for some reason I kinda like some of these smoother tracks production-wise. They sound pretty dope. Album on the whole is lackluster though.

iavi

Snoop Dogg - So Many Pros

ftvNgWu.gif

Snoop is fend to deliver

2/2

WanderingWind

All jokes aside, that Yelawolf is on some new level of terrible. It's absolutely fucking horrible. Perhaps the worst album that has been released this year. Go listen to it, just for the sheer madness of hearing a hymnal from a guy with face tats with a guest verse from Slim Shady talking about how Jesus is his best friend. Then croon a song named Johnny Cash where it has nothing to do with the singer and the chorus is just some dude saying "Johnny Cash."

WanderingWind

following that Wu-Tang Forever template i see
drake influence too skrong

Dude, I'm sort of a Yela fan too. This shit is the Plan 9 From Outer Space of rap albums. It's horrible on every single level. Everytime a song starts to not suck ass, he'll like, try to carry a note like a busted ass Mariah Carey (so, like Mariah in 2015) and it just makes you laugh. He even drops a line where he wonders why he ain't selling when singing a mangled sadboy song about his girl leaving his ass. The track before the "I get pussy and party all the time" song. Right before he has a track calling Jesus his best friend over and over again.

You can't even be mad at how utterly shit this album is. It's actually sort of impressive that all that music making talent tree that spans back to the beginning of rap as we know it resulted in this pile of shit. It's a signpost for every aspiring rapper who gets booed, right? No matter how Canibus in 2013 they may be, they will never make an album this bad. Chuggo feeling sorta accomplished listening to this. Ja Rule went out to his shed and pulled out his Kid's Choice awards and said "I'm ready now." Charles Hamilton is thinking about making a comeback now, because of Yela.

I'm still digesting PT3 but I gotta say I wasn't really impressed on the first play. It...doesn't sound like Pilot Talk to me. The Ski tracks work obviously, and feel great. But the soul samples kind of throw me off. Most are good beats but I wasn't really impressed with the actual songs/style. I'd love to hear other people rap over that stuff.

This isn't a final impression, just the first. I'm not saying it's bad, I like a lot of the tracks. The last few tracks are especially pretty dope though, whewww.

I gotta agree with Esch on Froze...why is Riff Raff a thing? I don't even get it. Apparently he's homies with a lot of Rappers & Producers We Like (Spitta, Bronson, Alchemist, etc)...but I can do without him. Dude is straight ass with no redeeming qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom