• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

anyone getting anything for Record Store Day? i cant fuck with it, too many neck beards, same store Anthony Fantano cross promotes, so the line forms at 4am

but fuck, i need that KMD

kmd-black-bastards-book-cd-45.jpg

kmd-black-bastards-45.jpg

and RTJ ep too

fuckin Amon Tobin got a crazy looking release set to drop as well
jovian1.jpg

Meh

Cheddahz

Banned
gonna be drawing numbers here in a bit, i'll message the person who has to have their album ready for sunday and post about it on here

barter 6 is good

Cheddahz

Banned
#freepickles

Before Pickles was banished from this cursed land, him and a few other members were discussing about starting a weekly album listening (mainly anything besides hip-hop), where whoever signed up to be part of this group would be assigned an album to listen to and would have to report back on the album with their feelings on it and what not. To honor Pickles, a few other people and I have decided to move on forth with the plan of the weekly album listening group

If you want in, this is what you need to do:
- Quote this post before tomorrow at 8PM EST
- Once you quote the post, I'll add your name to the list and assign a number

Once you quote the post, what do I do?
- Thursday night, I'll generate the order that we'll go by and I'll message the order to everyone who decides to participate
- To the first person that is picked, you'll have till 12AM EST on Sunday (so Saturday night) to pick an album and have a little mini-review written to post in the thread (this will give you around two days to put something together)

The album has been posted, do I just stare at the review of it?
- No! You'll have till the end of the week to listen to the album and discuss the album (basically your reaction to it or whatever and to make things easier, I would like for you to quote the original album of the week post whenever you post your feelings about it, so it just doesn't look like you're posting about some random Bandcamp album that)

I wanted in, but I didn't sign up in time, what now?
- I'll add your name to the list, but you'll be added to the end of it and once you're added, you won't have to worry about signing up again

Well, it's 8PM and I included the 13 people that wanted to be drawn this week (two of them said they didn't want to be drawn, but they will stay on the list) and the person to start this off is.....

image.php

overcast!

Have your mini-review ready to post on here on Sunday!

Floridian

Views from the 6 info

For Drake to avoid backlash, his next album must mark a departure from the sound that's brought him worldwide acclaim. It’s similar to what Jackson did by embracing hip-hop and new jack swing on Dangerous. This is a fact Drake acknowledges on Too Late's "No Tellin," rapping, "I had to switch the flow up on you niggas, shit was getting too predictable."

The topic of our talk switches to Drake’s upcoming fourth album. He only has two songs finished that he likes. One is a collaboration with Beyoncé that he recorded a while ago. The other is a song that he expects to inspire a paradigm shift. His days of releasing lay-up bangers that everyone loves right away are over. For now.

Views From The 6 needs to shock listeners just as much as it needs to impress them. I compare it to what Kanye did on his own fourth album, 808s & Heartbreak.
Drake agrees and, as if to reinforce that notion, he tells me that Boi-1da said he needs to listen to the non-Beyoncé song a few more times before he can decide whether it’s good or not. It appears that Drake is ready to deviate from his winning formula and get a little weird.
ehh.png

Koozek

Views from the 6 info
For Drake to avoid backlash, his next album must mark a departure from the sound that's brought him worldwide acclaim. It’s similar to what Jackson did by embracing hip-hop and new jack swing on Dangerous. This is a fact Drake acknowledges on Too Late's "No Tellin," rapping, "I had to switch the flow up on you niggas, shit was getting too predictable."

The topic of our talk switches to Drake’s upcoming fourth album. He only has two songs finished that he likes. One is a collaboration with Beyoncé that he recorded a while ago. The other is a song that he expects to inspire a paradigm shift. His days of releasing lay-up bangers that everyone loves right away are over. For now.

Views From The 6 needs to shock listeners just as much as it needs to impress them. I compare it to what Kanye did on his own fourth album, 808s & Heartbreak. Drake agrees and, as if to reinforce that notion, he tells me that Boi-1da said he needs to listen to the non-Beyoncé song a few more times before he can decide whether it’s good or not. It appears that Drake is ready to deviate from his winning formula and get a little weird.
ehh.png

Good. As much as I pumped NWTS and IYRTIATL (some of his rawest tracks), I think another album with that sound would be stale.
Can't wait for the Shangaan Electro, Country crossover album, co-produced by Steve Reich and Dr. Dre.

DominoKid

this jazz cartier cat must be watching his mentions like a hawk. i sent the album to my buddy and dude RT'd and Fav'd in like 2 minutes.

solid stuff from what i checked out so far.

overcast

This sounds like something I want more than the same Drake stuff we've been getting. I mean, he's given me some great tracks that I entered frequent rotation so that's nice. Been waiting on him to give me an album that really sticks around (personally).
Well, it's 8PM and I included the 13 people that wanted to be drawn this week (two of them said they didn't want to be drawn, but they will stay on the list) and the person to start this off is.....

image.php

overcast!

Have your mini-review ready to post on here on Sunday!
Pass me the torch *thugger*

IrishNinja

if you like ny rap don't sleep on that bodega bamz brehs

the what now? link

Drake gonna overthink this shit. I see it now.

Drakes "To Pimp a Butterfly II: Electrick Drake-aloo" coming Smarch 2016

ya'll prolly right but i respect the ambition if he actually gets outside his comfort zone...NWTS stayed very short in rotation for me, i mean production was nice but nothing shined like parts of take care. this is the first exciting thing ive heard about this effort since uh, how bout now

Tokubetsu

the what now? link

ya'll prolly right but i respect the ambition if he actually gets outside his comfort zone...NWTS stayed very short in rotation for me, i mean production was nice but nothing shined like parts of take care. this is the first exciting thing ive heard about this effort since uh, how bout now

It's still trap style production but with NY style lyrics. If you can fuck with something like trap lord production wise, you'll probably feel this more just for "barz":
https://youtu.be/z12wrPTVp10
https://youtu.be/dj-JlPBc4T4

Plus the latin flavor I think you might feel it Irish.

HiResDes

the what now? link

Check out Facebook

HiResDes

It's definitely too long, but still really exciting overall. Reminds me of chaz French's happy belated from last year and the Martin Sky but more varied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom