• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
zpSaQPM.png
Just throwin away beats and not delivering Rainforest II

deli2000

#freepickles

Before Pickles was banished from this cursed land, him and a few other members were discussing about starting a weekly album listening (mainly anything besides hip-hop), where whoever signed up to be part of this group would be assigned an album to listen to and would have to report back on the album with their feelings on it and what not. To honor Pickles, a few other people and I have decided to move on forth with the plan of the weekly album listening group

If you want in, this is what you need to do:
- Quote this post before tomorrow at 8PM EST
- Once you quote the post, I'll add your name to the list and assign a number

Once you quote the post, what do I do?
- Thursday night, I'll generate the order that we'll go by and I'll message the order to everyone who decides to participate
- To the first person that is picked, you'll have till 12AM EST on Sunday (so Saturday night) to pick an album and have a little mini-review written to post in the thread (this will give you around two days to put something together)

The album has been posted, do I just stare at the review of it?
- No! You'll have till the end of the week to listen to the album and discuss the album (basically your reaction to it or whatever and to make things easier, I would like for you to quote the original album of the week post whenever you post your feelings about it, so it just doesn't look like you're posting about some random Bandcamp album that)

I wanted in, but I didn't sign up in time, what now?
- I'll add your name to the list, but you'll be added to the end of it and once you're added, you won't have to worry about signing up again

sure

HiResDes

#freepickles

Before Pickles was banished from this cursed land, him and a few other members were discussing about starting a weekly album listening (mainly anything besides hip-hop), where whoever signed up to be part of this group would be assigned an album to listen to and would have to report back on the album with their feelings on it and what not. To honor Pickles, a few other people and I have decided to move on forth with the plan of the weekly album listening group

- Thursday night, I'll generate the order that we'll go by and I'll message the order to everyone who decides to participate
- To the first person that is picked, you'll have till 12AM EST on Sunday (so Saturday night) to pick an album and have a little mini-review written to post in the thread (this will give you around two days to put something together)

- No! You'll have till the end of the week to listen to the album and discuss the album (basically your reaction to it or whatever and to make things easier, I would like for you to quote the original album of the week post whenever you post your feelings about it, so it just doesn't look like you're posting about some random Bandcamp album that)

- I'll add your name to the list, but you'll be added to the end of it and once you're added, you won't have to worry about signing up again
Okay

#freepickles

I'm in like nitrogen. Anything to help expand the musical palette of Soulja Girls.

Courage

Elon Musk writes about Kanye in TIME Magazine's 100 most influential people

Kanye West would be the first person to tell you he belongs on this list. The dude doesn’t believe in false modesty, and he shouldn’t. Kanye’s belief in himself and his incredible tenacity—he performed his first single with his jaw wired shut—got him to where he is today. And he fought for his place in the cultural pantheon with a purpose. In his debut album, over a decade ago, Kanye issued what amounted to a social critique and a call to arms (with a beat): “We rappers is role models: we rap, we don’t think.” But Kanye does think. Constantly. About everything. And he wants everybody else to do the same: to engage, question, push boundaries. Now that he’s a pop-culture juggernaut, he has the platform to achieve just that. He’s not afraid of being judged or ridiculed in the process. Kanye’s been playing the long game all along, and we’re only just beginning to see why.

big ander

#freepickles

YO THIS NEW EMPRESS OF SINGLE

EMPRES OF FUCKING KILLS THIS

she been making fire. one of those late-00s/early-10s blog artists who hasn't put out enough, but has somehow stuck around to keep putting out great tracks.
Just throwin away beats and not delivering Rainforest II

Seriously

How is Kanye one of the 100 most influential people? It doesn't make sense given his declining popularity and lack of clout outside of a niche group of sneaker/fashion fans.

Music wise I can understand Dr Dre, or maybe even Jay Z. Kanye isn't on their level when it comes to impacting markets. Hell I'm not sure I agree with Tyler Swift being on there apparently.

Courage

Barter 6 is decent on my first listen. I agree with Koozek in that it's definitely more subdued than I expected; maybe a little too laid back. Reminds me of Honest, where there's way too many slow tracks to the point where the pacing suffers. They could have placed a banger or two in the middle of the album.

Fjordson

Some of these Barter 6 tracks are nice. I love the relaxed vibe. Like on Constantly Hating, great beat. Birdman feature is unfortunate, though.

Weed carriers on Barter 6 unfortunately

Missing RHQ and Travis features as well as a Metro Boomin' beat also

Other than that it slaps, would've been the GOAT zero lyrical content album if the above wasn't the case (Hyperbole).

Would've enjoyed album versions of Stoner and Danny Glover too, not sure why they didn't put those on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom