• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Usually every summer has a blockbuster I wanna watch, but this year I'm pretty indifferent towards everything.

Maybe Mad Max?
Pitch Perfect 2?

But yeah, not much outside of Mad Max to me as far as big releases. Think that'll be really good though. And I wanna see Straight Outta Compton, though that could be bad. And it's not really a blockbuster.

Esch

Banned
esh bout that marvel knights netflix life, i see you

I'm just done with it m8. I've been overcomicbooked. i never really fucked with w-comics hard in the first place, refuse to get dragged to this shit anymore.

unless HBO hooks your boy up with a TV-MA Punisher series.........?

iv9KUqvs6WR9Y.gif

Courage

Pitch Perfect 2?

But yeah, not much outside of Mad Max to me as far as big releases. Think that'll be really good though. And I wanna see Straight Outta Compton, though that could be bad. And it's not really a blockbuster.

Never watched the first Pitch Perfect, but thanks for reminding me. Gonna do it this weekend.

IrishNinja

i hear you esh
but when wave 2 of these netflix ones bring Frank into the fold, you're gonna wanna be part of that - my boy DD got an excellent show with all kindsa darkness and solid fight choreography. shit felt TV-MA, please believe if they maintain this quality you'll be happy bruh

Usually every summer has a blockbuster I wanna watch, but this year I'm pretty indifferent towards everything.

Maybe Mad Max?

That's like the only one I'm excited for this summer. Looks immensely good tho. Anyways the real summer entertainment is watching my Filipino friends cry and whine when pacquaio loses

Plz no Joss Whedon talk. Somebody start a kanye cycle or something

Kwixotik

Cabin in the Woods is lame in ways but I like it because
it's one of the few movies that capitalizes on the scariness of giant monsters. There's not many movies where the monster wins, but the potential has to be there for them to be a part of the horror genre like I think they have the capability of being if used right. The only other major movies I can think of that begin to approach them from that angle are Cloverfield and OG Godzilla, maybe the King Kong movie(s) but I haven't seen them. Everybody else tends to lump them into dumb action blockbuster (which is fine too, but they can be more).

I wrote a paper about giant monsters as horror as my final paper in a film theory class I took in college actually lol.
also discovered when writing it that a guy named Drew Godard wrote Cloverfield and co-wrote Cabin in the Woods, idk if it's a coincidence that he wrote two horror-focused movies with monsters arguably winning due to or despite humans sacrificing other humans

That's like the only one I'm excited for this summer. Looks immensely good tho. Anyways the real summer entertainment is watching my Filipino friends cry and whine when pacquaio loses

Plz no Joss Whedon talk. Somebody start a kanye cycle or something
Lol I can't wait to troll my Facebook friends shit is like a holiday every May. May about to lay the boxing clinic.

Esch

Banned
This is a weird pick, but my favorite joint from that album was Adrian's Words. I'm not into the rocky skit at the beginning but after that, the melodies :whew:

CRS

The song that Alchemist sampled was a song called The Lost Song by a Russian band called Arsenal. Spotify used to have the album but got rid of it and sadly isn't available anywhere else. (It actually is on Tidal but fuck Tidal). The original song is 8 additional minutes of pure piff. I tried to find a cheap copy somewhere online but sadly failed.

Favorite tracks that haven't been posted yet are Training Montage into Ivan's Workout Plan and then finishing off with Never Grow Up. Those three tracks in order are magical and you can't listen to one without listening to the rest. That's the biggest reason why I love Russian Roulette. You need to experience the whole thing but it still has those highlight tracks.

GOAT album.

PS. GOAT track is probably Oleg's Flight with Fashawn. Great transition from Junkyard Scene into the track and then it's followed up by the amazing Moscow Mornings - Sunrise.

iJpOLvMslCxw8.png
iJpOLvMslCxw8.png
iJpOLvMslCxw8.png
iJpOLvMslCxw8.png
iJpOLvMslCxw8.png

Remark

Banned
Smoked a joint good shit. listening to some random shit idk pandora is just on.

still working on my tape. making beats is hard.

Russian Roulette is crazy good. I don't know how many times I've played it front to back. The sequencing is amazing, and the samples are perfect. If I was forced to pick favorites I'd echo Toku and say "Sunrise" into "Sunset" because you can't play them separately. For the non-instrumental tracks I'd say "Oleg's Flight" because dat beat and "The Explanation" because dat beat and also Mr. MFN eXquire kills it.

EDIT: The guitar on "Adrian's Words - Champion Song" though.

I forgot Alchemist's new album was on the way too. MAY TOO STRONK

Israeli Salad. No details outside of the album cover. 5/26/15.

Did some googling. Tracklisting is apparently:

01. Arrival
02. Bone Thugs N' Haifa
03. Collage PT1: Sunrise
04. Collage PT2: Popeye The Pimp
05. Collage PT3: Rush Hour
06. Collage PT4: Sunset
07. Chetzi
08. The Type
09. Turn This Shit Up Pt. 1
10. Turn This Shit Up Pt. 2
11. Za'Atar Smoke
12. Shalom Alechem
13. Matzik
14. Yala Yala
15. Meduza
16. Listen To Yitzhak
17. Bold
18. Tunnel Rat
19. Yehudi El Yehudi
20. Departure

Just instrumentals according to his twitter: https://twitter.com/Alchemist/status/581595333404278784

Russian Roulette is one of those albums that summed up a period of a year for me. I remember doing a lot of walking that winter, just listening to the album front to back.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alchemist is such a wonderfully talented producer. He's got that gift where he doesn't just make 10/10 beats but spiritual ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom