• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have never liked one second of Busta Rhymes output. Like nothing. Maybe I'm missing something, but hes both corny and wack.

Highly entertaining dude who was lowkey nice on the mic for the first 3 and a half albums.

Then he became this superthug, heavy-in-the-streets cat who took himself too seriously. After that, he cut his dreads and miraculously put out a surprisingly good album on Aftermath, but it was the last quality album he'd ever put out.

That was 9 years ago. Dude's been dropping forgettable to trash album, tarnishing his legacy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Highly entertaining dude who was lowkey nice on the mic for the first 3 and a half albums.

Then he became this superthug, heavy-in-the-streets cat who took himself too seriously. After that, he cut his dreads and miraculously put out a surprisingly good album on Aftermath, but it was the last quality album he'd ever put out.

That was 9 years ago. Dude's been dropping forgettable to trash album, tarnishing his legacy.
Back on my BS had some jams. Bad album in general though.

Both the Jeezy and the Wayne version of Conglomerate still get play from me. That Kiss verse and the beat too whew.

Busta is great in moderation, plus he keeps reinventing himself and doing different things to avoid getting dusty like many of his peers.

IrishNinja

...nah
Shoutout to Ace for pointing out bustas consistency (relatively) since forever now compared to many of his era
For real, I love LL but check the resume post 2000. Its basically Rub my Back and a lotta filler

Edit endows where yoo coppin this knowledge bruh

Back on my BS had some jams. Bad album in general though.

Both the Jeezy and the Wayne version of Conglomerate still get play from me. That Kiss verse and the beat too whew.

Busta is great in moderation, plus he keeps reinventing himself and doing different things to avoid getting dusty like many of his peers.

I couldn't do it man. I'm pretty much done with dude unless it's his classics

Have never liked one second of Busta Rhymes output. Like nothing. Maybe I'm missing something, but hes both corny and wack.

What you trippin. Those videos are hot fiyah. That Coming to America Dance Skit and those special effects in what's it gonna be were revolutionary for the time. It's one of the most expensive ones of all time.

IrishNinja

Bronson + Alchemist kilt it ...of course dude came out to MIA to miami sound machine's conga shit, haha
Wonderful, blue chips and rare chandeliers (shoutouts to enzows) whole time

Mayhem and Bes did they thing too

*edit before you ask spin-chan: not one street pass, shit was rougher than the roots nahmean/so uguu -_-'

Dereck

Vince Staples a fool

http://vipermag.com/earl-sweatshirt-vince-staples-cover-story/

I feel like I hold music to a higher regard than a lot of people. It’s funny, motherfuckers hit me with, “Your best shit is your first mixtape,” or “Your best shit is ’Stolen Youth’.” That’s not true in a general sense of what music should be on the scale we’re trying to create within....You can sit here and say Kanye’s best album is his first one, everything else is trash. I feel you, but how likely is it that that is actual truth? As far as getting budget, understanding your music, your earliest shit should not be your best shit. If your earliest shit your best shit then you a lump of trash.

rTjIBPe.png
rTjIBPe.png
rTjIBPe.png
rTjIBPe.png

Courage

Vince Staples a fool

http://vipermag.com/earl-sweatshirt-vince-staples-cover-story/

I feel like I hold music to a higher regard than a lot of people. It’s funny, motherfuckers hit me with, “Your best shit is your first mixtape,” or “Your best shit is ’Stolen Youth’.” That’s not true in a general sense of what music should be on the scale we’re trying to create within....You can sit here and say Kanye’s best album is his first one, everything else is trash. I feel you, but how likely is it that that is actual truth? As far as getting budget, understanding your music, your earliest shit should not be your best shit. If your earliest shit your best shit then you a lump of trash.

rTjIBPe.png
rTjIBPe.png
rTjIBPe.png
rTjIBPe.png

dude needs to shutup

Playlist for the day

2Pac - Keep Ya Head Up - Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z... (1993)
Kris Kross - Live and Die for Hip-Hop ft. Aaliyah & Da Brat - Young, Rich, & Dangerous (1996)
Da Brat - Funkdafied - Funkdafied (1994)
Da Brat - Da B Side ft. JD & The Notorious B.I.G. - Funkdafied (1994)
Blitz The Ambassador - Love on the Run ft. Nneka (2014)
Common - The Light - Like Water for Chocolate (2000)
Nneka - Only God Knows Why (feat. Black Thought) - Soul Is Heavy (2012)
Mos Def - Ms. Fat Booty - Black on Both Sides (1999)
Oddisee - Want Something Done - The Good Fight (2015)
Obii Say - Hey, I Remember You - Donuts for the Villagers (2011)
Bahamadia - Uknowhowewdu (Instrumental) - Uknowhowwedu [Single] (1996)
Wax Tailor - My Window feat. Elzhi & Akua Naru - Dusty Rainbow from the Dark (2012)
Akua Naru - The Dark - The Miner's Canary (2015)
Sheisty Khrist - Havanna Nights ft. Natti - Cold Winter (2015)
Impulss - Do It! feat. Prince Po - MARIE LAVEAUX'S HUSTLE (2010)
yU - Blind - The Earn (2011)
Fugees - Fu-Gee-La - The Score (1996)
MC Melodee - Don't Front - Check Out Melodee (2012)
Raisi K The Raisin Man - Trillfox - Just Playing Games (2015)
Rita J - Surrender remix ft. Rashid Hadee - Artist Workshop (2009)
Outkast - So Fresh So Clean - Stankonia (2000)
Lil' Kim - Get in Touch With Us (feat. Styles P) - La Bella Mafia (2003)
Blitz The Ambassador - The Departure ft. Amma Whatt - Afropolitan Dreams (2014)
Koolz One - Organized Inc. (ft. Xican Brown) - Writer's Block (2015)
Soulcat E5 - See Another Day - Always See Another Day (2014)
Dee-1 - 50, Jay, & Weezy - David & Goliath (2009)
Sa-Roc - Star of Siam Remix - Stardust (????)
Rapsody - Hard to Choose - Beauty & The Beast (2014)
Mura Masa - Lovesick Fuck - Someday Somewhere (2015)
Nas - You Won't See Me Tonight ft. Aaliyah - I Am... The Autobiography (1999)
Dutch Rebelle - Love Is ft. Mel Monae - Rebelle Diaries (2014)
Ladies Love Cool J - Doin It ft. LeShaun - Mr. Smith (1995)
Nas - Life's a Bitch ft. Az - Illmatic (1994)
Yarah Bravo - I Found Love - Love Is the Movement (2014)
Akua Naru - Run Away - The Journey Aflame (2011)
Jean Grae - Excuse Me Sir - Bootleg of the Bootleg (2003)
Chamber Beatz - One More to Go - Deadly Venoms, Wu-Tang Clan & Streetlife - From the Slums of Shaolin
Joe Cutter - The Sisterhood of Dead Centerfolds - NoiseLab Vol.1 (2013)
Left Eye - My Secret Enemy - Red Light Special [Single] (1994)
Ms. Jade - Dead Wrong ft. Nate Dogg & Timbaland - Girl Interrupted (2002)
Foxy Brown - Na Na Be Like - Broken Silence (2001)
Foxy Brown - Get Me Home (Feat. Blackstreet) - Ill Na Na (1996)

YO GAF HOP

So, About 10 years ago when I attended SAE institute in New york, I was given an assignment to Redo all the audio for a Ghost in the shell scene. Basically it was a course in audio Post Production, and we were given a Ghost in the shell scene with NO audio whatsoever and we had a short amount of time (few evenings) to fill in the audio to the scene to bring it life. I decided to....have fun with it. Here's my take on it.....(i did get an A+ on it...lol and That's back when I was really tryna get in that music business lol.)

https://www.youtube.com./watch?v=B85AWsBIkUI

figure I share this with my Gaf Hoppers as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom