• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
rod stewart? mark ronson? lmao i'm expecting some clown song lets hear this

no disrespect to mr. stewart of course.

edit: nv/m beat and sample is pretty smooth. that switch in the half sucks though.

I like the hook on that A$AP track. The sample and beat too, actually. It just doesn't go anywhere. Rocky isn't the kind of artist that can elevate something like that, and the mid-track switch doesn't fit at all.

It does feel like an Eminem track though. Just missing the female pop hook and scream rappity rap.

pronk420

lol mork ronson rod stewart wtf

this Young Tugger album is most excellent, i give it 88 fly international luxurious arts out of 40. also just discovered old english which is such yanking

Nibel

The fuck did I wake up to

mj-cut-it-out75o8t.gif

Pac was a great rapper for his time, but his persona was always bigger than his rap career in my opinion. Dude has some legit bangers and everybody who disagrees is prolly related to Diddy some way.

And yeah, that Rocky track doesn't sound like Rocky to me, and the Eminem comparison is perfect. Trainwreck coming soon, brehs, keep the forks in the drawer

So Rocky's dropping June 2nd instead of May 12th

Got some good time to start the hype train.

I wonder how many fights he'll get into by that time

Cedric

was listening to a few discs of Crooklyn Cuts recently - Primo stays in my top 10 producers but man, he has one of the worst tags on that shit

premier
premier
premier
p-p-p-p-p-premier
...premier

I really dislike Premier's tags, no idea why he started doing this shit. It doesn't even sound like it's saying premier either, more like pwemier. I'll probably get a lot of hate but I got kinda tired of his sound, all the new stuff I've heard is kinda samey (granted I haven't really bothered listening to much of it).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I really dislike Premier's tags, no idea why he started doing this shit. It doesn't even sound like it's saying premier either, more like pwemier. I'll probably get a lot of hate but I got kinda tired of his sound, all the new stuff I've heard is kinda samey (granted I haven't really bothered listening to much of it).
Yeah Premier's tag is very radio host-ish and kind of annoying.

New Rocky sounds like the type of track Atlantic would buy for BoB or Lupe Fiasco 3-4 years ago. Still it's not a bad track and is interesting.

Courage

Finally listened to all of the Kamasi Washington album (had to listen to that shit piecemeal). Great album. Might get into some more jazz this weekend while studying for finals.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jonah Hill interviews Action Bronson.

First Impressions - Snoop Dogg's BUSH

I mean, it's not bad but there isn't much that sticks? I give it the benefit of the doubt for being some shit I can play in the car with my mom and having some significant funk influence. On the flipside I can't help but get some G I R L vibes in the production that make me yawn. The last 3 songs or so are a mess, but the rest is okay.

I can see how someone can like this a lot but it isn't doing much for me, since often I'll like the production but the vocals will bring it down or vice versa just enough for it to go from "good" to "okay." Or maybe it's the hooks. Standouts are definitely So Many Pros, Peaches N Cream and maybe California Roll. The latter two being infectious, something I kind of hoped for the majority of the project.

tl;dr:

giphy.gif

mooooose

yo guys havent posted in a minute but this morning i picked the best songs from cam'ron's public enemy #1 mixtape (when he dumped all his songs he was recording after jim jones and juelz quit dipset) and sequenced it to make a dope album

so if you havent heard it before (or have and just wanna hear a good sequencing and not have it be bogged down by the 30 other shit songs), check this out

https://www.mediafire.com/?ppndoljmhrynfay

Finally listened to all of the Kamasi Washington album (had to listen to that shit piecemeal). Great album. Might get into some more jazz this weekend while studying for finals.

Agreed. Great album with multiple standouts, including quite an awesome intro.

Lots of Donald Byrd vibes throughout the album.

overcast

What's ya'll song of the year? I really can't get enough of White Iverson and it's Fifty Grand/Padillion remix.
I'll go with

Wesley's Theory or Hood Politics off TPAB
Energy from Drake
Terry from Action Bronson
White Range from Gibbs
Cargo Planes from Spitta
With That from Young Thug

All I got right now.

IrishNinja

haha it does sound like pwemier

Fuckboys in here hating on Primo's classic tag? What's next? Ya'll don't like Alchemist's either?

hol up stormy
it's one thing to project ya daddy issues onto anyone that enjoys pac, now i can't even say i love primo despite not caring for his tired-ass tag i gotta hear for like 10 seconds on every track of 4 discs of crooklyn cuts? cmon son

and will go back there

CRS, where you at

What's ya'll song of the year? I really can't get enough of White Iverson and it's Fifty Grand/Padillion remix.

How Much a Dollar Cost had the biggest initial reaction because the production is utterly perfect so I'll go with that for now. Top 13 no order though:

Kendrick - How Much a Dollar Cost
Ka/Dr. Yen Lo - Day 912
Currensy - Cargo Planes
Currensy - Alert (feat. Styles P)
Oddisee - A List of Withouts
Young Thug - Halftime
Sheisty Khrist & LoFidel - Dreams
Bones - JazzDads,TakeOne
Action Bronson - Galactic Love
Action Bronson - City Boy Blues
Drake - Know Yourself
Drake - 6 Man