• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I like it actually.

dahammer.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Impressions on that Maco EP?

EDIT: For the few that care, NOME 5 is being streamed right now. Two big matches left, Tay Roc vs. Tsu Surf (grudge match ~4+ years in the making) and Hollow Da Don vs. Charlie Clips (widely regarded as the battle of the GOATs or most well rounded rappers).

lil wayne's been lazy as fuck for years. chicken squawks work for danny brown, he flows hard with it. and young thug yelps out some gibberish too but i like it.

here it just sounds...meh. anyways i think drake works on that beat, but momentum like that...i want to hear gibbs and danny brown on that beat.

Brehs, this Wayne verse on Truffle Butter
dt8VE4X.png

Might be some of the struggliest bars i've heard thus far. Man comes through with that Danny Brown on High chicken squawk flow. it's awful. this is my worst verse of the year contender easy

Damn I'm surprised we haven't discussed this before. That shit is scust worthy to the max. "I put one leg on the tub, this my new dance move"
tmjSNZ2.gif

Wayne is done brehs. I remember having a debate with my brother a couple years ago, and he was arguing Wayne could do well-to-good for another decade because his average to slightly below average talent*, beat selection, and charisma/sex appeal. Plus the Drake connection. But now...nah, I think Wayne is so done he might not even go gold.

*the argument being that if you're a new or casual rap fan with next to no understanding of the genre (similes, classic albums, metaphors, storytelling, etc), Wayne could easily be a lyrical god to you.

only wayne song worth a damn in the last 5 or 6 years is trigger finger. believe me doesn't even count since that's obviously a drake track. all wayne verses should be skipped in features too.

actually i think i liked a couple tracks on that 'human being 2' album.

edit:never mind...just the one track lol

Wayne is interesting to me, cuz during my high school years of '06-'09, this dude was EVERYTHING. He was like the defining sound of the dudes I ran with. Carter III dropping in '08 was a fuckin' event. He was on top of the world, b. And he been straight Larry Holmes status since the turn of the decade

Get fucked by Birdman brehs

literally

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
only wayne song worth a damn in the last 5 or 6 years is trigger finger. believe me doesn't even count since that's obviously a drake track. all wayne verses should be skipped in features too.

actually i think i liked a couple tracks on that 'human being 2' album.

edit:never mind...just the one track lol
Gunwalk is fire.

mooooose

girls loved wayne

no denying 2014 was a fall off year but he had a serviceable verse on senile

im curious to see where he goes at least but i think carter 5 will be ass but what comes after might be interesting hes young enough that he might be forced to reinvent himself

ive always wondered what would happen if lil wayne joined odd future lol

mooooose

his verse on smuckers was really cool and a small "break the internet" moment which couldve been bigger if the person who organized it was more relevant (tyler)

you'd have to be crazy to deny wayne has fallen off hard but i think what happens with a lot of these burnt out/lazy dudes is they dont work with the right people, for whatever reason. they stick to their homies and their team and they don't work outside the box

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Girls liked Wayne.

Sex appeal tho?
Sex appeal?

I mean I see why Jay gets it because dude is very presentable, business savvy and all that. And he does not look like a walking corpse.

mooooose

a bunch of straight dudes analyzing what women want from a rapper smh

and enzo outing that he'd want to get dicked down by jay for seemingly NO reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom