• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Like five Young Thug tracks leaked today too.

This album is kind of dope too ya'll:

Sela my homeboy (I used to get on this one other forum and I remember when he was just starting out and he basically thought his music sucked and what not, but it's been cool seeing him improve over the years)

good looking

DominoKid

most of this Thugger leak is straight fire. i can see why some of this didn't make the Barter 6 but Flaws & No Way should've definitely been on there.

Reading some crazy numbers on the Young Thug leak. Like 70 tracks maybe? Wat

one of these has to be She Do The Most right?

right???

I'm gonna need snuggles or one of my fellow soulja girls to sift through the Thugga leak and point out the most note-worthy tracks

I unno about that souljagirl life but most of what's out so far is good tbh. Gotta deal with Birdman on a few of these though

Because of Me, Count Up, Drawn Down (whew), Different, Flaws (WHEW), Guarantee, Here, If You Didn't (T.I. sounding kinda vintage on this), Lil Ninja, Love Me, Mama I'm Sorry, Mind Right (the ad libs on this track doe), No No No, No Way (so smooth), Power, Purple, Running Out Of Money

DominoKid

these could've all been rich gang tracks
x4poZTp.png

quan needs it cause his last tape was trash.

edit: Destroyed 😮

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Going to see Bronson tomorrow. Anyone else have feedback for how he is live?
Stay somewhere near the center/front of the crowd. He threw gram cases of dabs into the crowd. Him and body just throwing fistfuls.

Like $40 bucks a pop for a gram. Dude was throwing FISTFULS.

Nibel

The one Enzo posted is pretty good; subtle and effective.

Wondering if Wayne's camp has something to do with the Thugger leaks because of the shooting

Koozek

Going to check out the Thugga leaks.
Don't know if it's my not being a native English speaker that makes it easy for me to not really consciously "listen" to what he says and just enjoy the playful way he uses his voice like an instrument.
A few tracks on Barter 6 have some crazy, micro-melodies going on in his flow that are dope as hell.

HiResDes

Saw him open for Danny Brown a while. Lots of energy and great breath control. It was a fantastic fun performance even though Danny still blew him outta the water.

HiResDes

Yo I'm really surprised how good most of these leaked tracks are, was kind of hoping that most of it would be filler, but it definitely doesn't sound like it.

codhand

"musician"..."artist"

kind of get offended when we cant just call people rappers, or MCs. as if it nullifies the accomplishments. kinda white washes it for mainstream inception

suppose it doesnt help that KDot constantly refers to himself in a similar fashion, but it happens with people like jigga man too

i can see the good in using those terms too, but yeah i dunno

Courage

"musician"..."artist"

kind of get offended when we cant just call people rappers, or MCs. as if it nullifies the accomplishments. kinda white washes it for mainstream inception

suppose it doesnt help that KDot constantly refers to himself in a similar fashion, but it happens with people like jigga man too

Yeah, I see what you mean. It's as if an 'artist' is inherently worth more than a 'rapper' when in reality everyone makes art to some capacity.

Esch

Banned
"musician"..."artist"

Lots of people out here more or less don't respect rapping as an art form.

Pickles mentioned this before the axe fell on his brow, said something along the lines of 'you have to look and act the part for your rap to be considered art'.

Lots of people out here more or less don't respect rapping as an art form.

Pickles mentioned this before the axe fell on his brow, said something along the lines of 'you have to look and act the part for your rap to be considered art'.

Another part is that like pop, rap is full of people who are legitimately not talented and just collecting checks. Some of the music is so disposable, so lacking of artistic merit, so trash that I understand why some people associate "rap" with that. A person probably wouldn't exclusively associate "rock" with trash like nu metal for instance. And of course even trash rock can get props solely because someone is playing an instrument (oohhhhhhhhhh).

The funniest thing is cacs who truly think Eminem is the only talented rapper, and the only "musician" in rap "because he makes beats and raps!" Sometimes I wish I was a 5%er yall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom