• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

as always sounds like ya'll got what you paid for with thugger

Stay somewhere near the center/front of the crowd. He threw gram cases of dabs into the crowd. Him and body just throwing fistfuls.

Like $40 bucks a pop for a gram. Dude was throwing FISTFULS.

maaan i saw him tossin shit here in MIA and was nowhere near it, id've fought if i knew it was that

Saw him open for Danny Brown a while. Lots of energy and great breath control. It was a fantastic fun performance even though Danny still blew him outta the water.

Brown's gotta be great live but i'm not seeing that big a gap personally

so we're really getting 12 reasons to die 2? what is ghost doing >_>

still making music, more than most of his fellow Wu members at the moment

Collecting checks I guess. Supreme Clientele 2 is going to be his next actual solo album. He seems to think he'll get his samples cleared...I doubt it.

what was the last update on that?

#freepickles

#freeTguystoo

Sometimes I wish I was a 5%er yall.

u mean ur not

I mean, why else would anyone listen to shit like Atmosphere...

see you could've been honest and said riff raff, yela etc but you had to go baiting some of the CAC crew like that

Dope Pitbull feature.

first time ive ever seen those words assembled together

This new Nappy Roots is garbage.

didn't even know they were still making music

this is who some of ya'll ride for huh

Koozek

Kool Savas
9jbmgzbr8u.png

Dude has completely lost his mind and stains his legacy with average music and questionable collaborations. His conspiracy fetish on FB and Twitter is hilarious though.
KuGsj.gif

That Xavas track “Wo sind sie jetzt” :D Xavier "Aluhut" Naidoo definitely lost his mind in the last few years, don't know about Savas.

Fjordson

RHQ Yall

http://www.audiomack.com/song/cec-ill/i-made-it-questionable-lyrics-1

"I don't want your ho, just want that cookie from her - she tried to resist so I took it from her. How you gonna tell me no/ you must not know who I am/Even if I'm on the road I see whats goin' on cause you know I got cameras/ I don't know no questions but I know the answers/I throw these black fists just like a panther"
Goddamn.

Surely there's some one in his camp who heard that and put up a red flag....just anyone to be like "uhhhh...ey homie, let's rework that verse a little bit. I'm just gonna press delete on that take real quick".

DominoKid

Went through all the new Thug tracks since that initial set last night and 5'd all the super dope joints so yall have some idea of what to check out

Top 8
No No No w/ Birdman
Count Up w/ Birdman
Destroyed w/ Kevin Gates, Birdman & Duke
Flaws
Runnin Out of Money w/ T.I.
Termite
No Way
Iowa

Bout 75% of this shit slaps tbh tho.

This shit is so fire!

I was wondering if anyone hear bothered to listen to it. I posted a link to Lovesick Fuck on here the other day in my playlist, but there was no mention.

Will read later.

To add my opinions on it, I really do think it's fucked up how females are treated in the game. Their not recognized as such and I have a bit of a lesser affinity to one of my boys who says he just tunes it out when he hears a female rapping. I see comments online similar to that as well, like she's good for a female rapper. Nah, she's good period. In the industry especially today, female emcees are not going to be successful unless their highly sexualized. I also hate how when the topic arises about who are the best female rappers, the same old ones are always brought up, there's a plethora of them out there and Nicki Minaj has no business ever being in that discussion.

DominoKid

Productions credits for the Thug tracks do Metro or London show up ?
from thecoli

Young Thug - Air It Out (feat. MPA Wicced) [prod. 808 Mafia & Metro Boomin]
Young Thug - Because of Me (feat. Birdman) [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Count Up (OK) (feat. Birdman) [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Drawn Down [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - From the Back (Bizzack) [prod. Metro Boomin]
Young Thug - Guarantee [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Here [prod. Metro Boomin]
Young Thug - I Do It for You (feat. Rich Homie Quan) [prod. Metro Boomin & Zaytoven]
Young Thug - Love Me [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - No No No (feat. Birdman) [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Power [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Purple [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Running Out of Money (feat. T.I.)
Young Thug - Schedule [prod. sounds like London but I dunno so I left it untagged]
Young Thug - Termite [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Told You [prod. Metro Boomin]
Young Thug - Woke Up (feat. Rich Homie Quan) [prod. 808 Mafia & Metro Boomin]

Esch

Banned
You can argue that bar for bar nicki minaj is the best rapper operating at her level but being a woman means no one will.

if she didn't do so many of the waynesque punchlines and eminem/kendrick voice shit i'd say she's up there, but that's just preference

from thecoli

Young Thug - Air It Out (feat. MPA Wicced) [prod. 808 Mafia & Metro Boomin]
Young Thug - Because of Me (feat. Birdman) [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Count Up (OK) (feat. Birdman) [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Drawn Down [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - From the Back (Bizzack) [prod. Metro Boomin]
Young Thug - Guarantee [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Here [prod. Metro Boomin]
Young Thug - I Do It for You (feat. Rich Homie Quan) [prod. Metro Boomin & Zaytoven]
Young Thug - Love Me [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - No No No (feat. Birdman) [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Power [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Purple [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Running Out of Money (feat. T.I.)
Young Thug - Schedule [prod. sounds like London but I dunno so I left it untagged]
Young Thug - Termite [prod. London on the Track]
Young Thug - Told You [prod. Metro Boomin]
Young Thug - Woke Up (feat. Rich Homie Quan) [prod. 808 Mafia & Metro Boomin]

Thanks alot breh will check these out i'm guessing their isn't any stuff with travis scott.

IrishNinja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwifyv8SABA

He sounds very confident about the quality, which means I'm confident about it. But I just don't believe he can clear the samples.

4 years...shit. fuck sample clearing in 2015

We can just call that horrorcore and slide it under the carpet.

#Hip-Hop

hol up fam, where's the talk about blades and voodoo? can we get some satanic imagery tho?

You can argue that bar for bar nicki minaj is the best rapper operating at her level but being a woman means no one will.

when you say level, did you mean lane?
i remember a few early nicki freestyles but i don't know that i've heard her "try" in a bit

HiResDes

No you couldn't, unless you're a pleb, when she was at her best which is still pretty low she was stealing flows from Big Sean and Wayne, now she lifts bars from Sir Mix A lot and Lady Gaga.

Esch

Banned
Hell nah.

lol

i'm no fan of nicki, but you're going to have to fool yourself into pretending she's not very very skilled. She can do multisyllables, internals, can spit very fast while maintaining a coherent flow, and makes a wide range of songs. She can do everything from pop to ymcmb staples to trappier atlanta stuff to east coast dusthead bait you guys go gaga for

In fact i remembered reading this a while back, that she on average writes longer multis than Eminem, Nas, Jay-Z and 2pac. Now of course this analysis might be a little biased against people that slant rhyme a bit more like Eminem or chain rhyme like Hov, but generally speaking she's no slouch.

anyway, underrate Nicki Minaj on the mic because she sells records and her sexuality offends/intimidates you, brehs.
qBsuB5s.png

Yeah most of the people who knock Nicki don't knock her for her skills it's more of the fact she did the pop stuff but she's more than good after last album.

HiResDes

Think that having a good flow is the key equation to being a good rapper brehs...When the multi syllable words your putting together would be fit for a perverse nursery rhyme you should know you're not truly a good lyricist. She might as well be spitting jibberish with random references thrown in referencing her silicone booty and fat vaginas. I know taking the bait here, but nobody ever really responds seriously anymore.

Tokubetsu

No you couldn't, unless you're a pleb, when she was at her best which is still pretty low she was stealing flows from Big Sean and Wayne, now she lifts bars from Sir Mix A lot and Lady Gaga.

How is that different than anything any of the big stadium players doing? Everyone selling more than 300k sides maybe Cole I stealing flows. That's a big part of how you stay relevant in this climate. Go seriously listen to pink print and tell me how much worse & different it is from dudes in her field. Favorite is a Drake tune. You can say you're not a fan but don't front like she's somehow doing something alien compared to other big dogs y'all give a million chances to. If you can fuck with Dark Sky Paradise, If You're Reading This, on any lvl and can't find anything on pink print you're high key full of shit & lowkey well.

Ninjas can rap about their mommas and grandmomma y'all will ride but let a girl rap about love and abortions in similar flows and it's for plebs? Okay.

http://youtu.be/YcJ3eF3qNAo

Esch

Banned
Think that having a good flow is the key equation to being a good rapper brehs...When the multi syllable words your putting together would be fit for a perverse nursery rhyme you should know you're not truly a good lyricist. She might as well be spitting jibberish with random references thrown in referencing her silicone booty and fat vaginas. I know taking the bait here, but nobody ever really responds seriously anymore.

We're talking about rapping, not writing right? Just skills?

We gonna act like you don't have 137 tracks in your playlist right now from random trill bandcamp dudes who rap about their penises and the hoes they fuck and other moron shit? Remember SGP? Rubenslikk? Regular Shakespeares, all?

We gonna act like if she was a man and released tapes under the moniker BATCVNT you wouldn't be like damn the flows on this tape?

iEt61mZroWElR.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't even front, Nicki's verse on Sweet Dreams gets stuck in my head often. Them quotables.

And I’m rich I could buy you
Kill bitches leave their body in a bayou

White jag with the twisted lip
I ain't Mike Jack but This is it!
B- b- b- boo I'm everywhere
You're like balloon boy mama you was never there!

Fuck all your blogs, fuck all your propaganda
Good for the goose then its good for the gander
Nicki ain't a rapper, Nicki is a brander

HiResDes

We're talking about rapping, not writing right? Just skills?

We gonna act like you don't have 137 tracks in your playlist right now from random trill bandcamp dudes who rap about their penises and the hoes they fuck and other moron shit? Remember SGP? Rubenslikk? Regular Shakespeares, all?

We gonna act like if she was a man and released tapes under the moniker BATCVNT you wouldn't be like damn the flows on this tape?

iEt61mZroWElR.gif
I wouldn't say any of those dudes are within the upper echelon of their craft though. I believe rapping is a measure of a large amalgam of different traits. Nicki not only is a mediocre lyricist most of the time, but sports a pretty uneven delivery that seems forced and archaic at best.

IrishNinja

that dreams song was fun, and i think there's far worse rappers than nicki, but if ya'll really wanna act like multis/technicals alone make a good MC let's throw on some cannibus

Can I still listen to Kanye w/o being condemned?

sure cast, just dont be like some in here & make sure to come up for air once in a while

Esch

Banned
I wouldn't say any of those dudes are within the upper echelon of their craft though. I believe rapping is a measure of a large amalgam of different traits. Nicki not only is a mediocre lyricist most of the time, but sports a pretty uneven delivery that seems forced and archaic at best.

So do I; which is why i referenced her range. That's undeniable.

You're against uneven delivery but i've never seen you put Danny Brown or Kendrick on the spot? Or even Ab-Soul? Or the 9999 other bandcamp dudes who swaggerjack lord infamous lazily mumbling off beat through a track? Corny sex based punchlines aint the problem either, you like Nacho Picasso (bandcamp trill big sean) and I've seen you call Wayne joints fire before.

No troll, this flow is more precise than 99% of the dudes you post up in here.

Imma just highlight that you pointed out her fembraggadoccio foremost as some sort of sticking point, when you're absolutely fine listening to dudes- even le1fs, brag about their sex exploits and physical characteristics.

ynao8rF.png

HiResDes

I like how you've seemingly done this big 180 on her when just as recently as the last thread you were cosigning every diss I threw at her.

You know the Danny I like and it's nothing like Side B, he's capable of deeper and more insightful concepts than any she'll ever touch upon.

Nacho Picasso is an awful rapper technically in terms of flow but is capable of pulling out ridiculously obscure and intellectual references from classic film and literature at will. Big Sean he is not.

Nicki probably has the most parallel rap style to Sean.

Esch

Banned
It's not a 180, i already said I don't like her; i'm just saying she's skilled, both in terms of breadth of style and technique and you can't take that away from her.

I definitely used to hate on her more cause I don't fuck with her music aside from a couple songs but I'm not about wholly panning someone because of their difference in values/vision/goals anymore (unless it's for fuckery). She has skills and does things I can't do so I respect that. I'm not trying to pull your card or anything but I think she gets held to some unfair standards when it comes to ability. She's probably a better rapper than post people doing it today, despite focusing on other genres and trying to sell records. Definitely more technically gifted than many.

ed: also sometimes you just wanna play heel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom