• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

That track goes hard as if it were a boss theme of Donkey Kong Country: Magna Magnum Wreck-your-shit Island; dunno what you don't like about it

i9dh0twmedqapcus5l.gif

One day they'll recognize

Check my edit above.

Nibel

My man.

EDIT: It also had The Makings Of A Perfect B**** whose beat Kool Savas & Azad also officially rapped on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_DH3oy3IeQ

Ah yeah; people made a fuss about that. Think Bushido uses the same sample as Fabolous ('Breath') on 'Nie Wieder' and people thought he stole the beat, lol.

ONE was a cool album though, seeing Azad and Savas together on one album was just crazy. Monstershit still owns and there are other great songs on it (the one with the animal metaphors is fantastic).

And now? Savas is still a top-notch rapper and probably the best we have here, but he doesn't make any progress anymore. And Azad's 'Nebel' album is vapor ware just like Detox
4hpic90ks6.png

DominoKid

PD that Dame Grease/Riff Raff joint got somd bangers on it

You know what? I'm not even sure what it is but over the years I began to like You Owe Me more and more. I'm thinking it's the beat... It's a dumb as fuck song and embarrassing as fuck to say the least but whenever it ever plays on the radio it got me feeling like
krs.png

Brehhhh

Brehh....

Esch

Banned
Dame Grease is lowkey one of the most interesting people in hip hop off the strength of all the random people he's worked with. Make songs for DMX and French Montana, brehs.

I'd read a book by him

Koozek

Ah yeah; people made a fuss about that. Think Bushido uses the same sample as Fabolous ('Breath') on 'Nie Wieder' and people thought he stole the beat, lol.

ONE was a cool album though, seeing Azad and Savas together on one album was just crazy. Monstershit still owns and there are other great songs on it (the one with the animal metaphors is fantastic).

And now? Savas is still a top-notch rapper and probably the best we have here, but he doesn't make any progress anymore. And Azad's 'Nebel' album is vapor ware just like Detox
4hpic90ks6.png

Yeah, posted Monstershit in here yesterday. One of my all-time Deutschrap faves. We were 14 back then, rapping to the song on the schoolyard :D

It means fog in English and is a reference to his first album called Leben (Life); if you read that backwards, it becomes Nebel.
2vcuce6tejvz.png

I thought he meant "Nibel" ∾ "Nebel" :D

Dereck

You know what? I'm not even sure what it is but over the years I began to like You Owe Me more and more. I'm thinking it's the beat... It's a dumb as fuck song and embarrassing as fuck to say the least but whenever it ever plays on the radio it got me feeling like
krs.png
LOL

Koozek

Thugga leaks on repeat all day. Catchy, melodic mumbling that still is coherent enough (especially compared to wack 'ish like Chief Keef's f.e.) and his song building is actually pretty structured, not too aimless, not too formulaic.
Nothing timeless, of course, but decent background music for when you're in the mood.
Haha, first time I heard Birdman even sing-rapping a bit, I think, on Count Up.

IrishNinja

this post won't be topped this OT, real talk

Ruin a decent concept with a godawful voice brehs
i7h3KK1DuumdM.png

Em influence too skrong

I'm no big fan of Stillmatic (wack production) but just off the strength of it's song concepts / technical proficiency it's above everything but Lost Tapes/Illmatic/IWW.

i know you don't fancy ether, but past 2nd childhood/one mic, which ones are so bad? You're da man, got urself etc

lol. Speaking of Trife, Theodore Unit needs to make a comeback. Especially Shawn Wigs.

bout to be half of SC2, bet

I can just imagine people in the club singing along, "owe me back like you owe your tax, owe me back like 40 acres to blacks!"
TBQ3Tii.png

ahahaha this would've been surreal

I was about to say this is the first time i've seen the tone deafness of Nas and Sonic fans combined, but then I remembered IrishNinja.

o3abnfi.png

here i was about to say Suicide Bounce got its moments, and i got spin-chan's back on Owe Me despite how terrible it is, but then you gotta go callin out names inna street fam

A picture book. He's from Harlem after all.

i said goddamn
esh & them clown you for riding NY but someone in harlem jumped you in the day, didn't they m'man

HOT FIRE EMOJIS GO HERE

Spin be in the whip like BOOM BYE BYE IN A BATTY BOY HEAD with no chill

in an alternate world i'd love this to be spin-chan's tag

You Owe Me love? Disgusting. The for free of its time

If I heard that shit in my neighborhood id petition my local council member to outlaw rap cars

IrishNinja

If I heard that shit in my neighborhood id petition my local council member to outlaw rap cars

Nas had the courage to sell out before it was cool, and even record a catchy, timelessly embarrassing song with ginuwine

when will ur favs?

Koozek

For Free is ̶d̶̶o̶̶p̶̶e̶ nice, breh. Took two or three listens, though. However I can see why someone wouldn't like it. I just warmed up to it and also to his different voices in general that first annoyed me a bit. As long as he's not on his Em flow, I'm cool.

spindashing out here listening to wannabe pimp songs and gay bashing anthems...........

http://i.minus.com/iX8iuTLHMWUQR.gif

Come on y'all....

You know what I mean, don't look at me like I'm crazy... Right???

Bout to dip out of here real quick....

3525300c_cam.gif

Spin be in the whip like BOOM BYE BYE IN A BATTY BOY HEAD with no chill

Let it be known that I love the gay community... I may not be the biggest Young Thug fan, but everyone is cool with me.

lmaoo

bridging the gap from blues to jazz to rap...cheesy ass song.

anyways TFW you hear Eminem - Not Afraid blaring out a 40 year old dude's headphones on the bus

giphy.gif

Esch

Banned
I mean what do you know, we all saw this video of you at the tender age of 17 singing your fave song breh

Nah breh, you exposed yourself with that one. That track is so corny it'll drain any swag out of you like a Jurassic 5 concert. You gonna tell me I Can was fire next? Big Things?

european rap fans
RQ0uQME.gif

Nibel

Nah breh, you exposed yourself with that one. That track is so corny it'll drain any swag out of you like a Jurassic 5 concert. You gonna tell me I Can was fire next? Big Things?

european rap fans
RQ0uQME.gif

Look at all this Jay stan insecurity concentrated in one post
download1frphx.png

Bridging The Gap was dope back then, one of the few hiphop tracks that got some major airplay on the radio here back when it was still looked down on. Smooth beat, good vibe and the God Son spitting some fine bars (not if you grew up fatherless tho)

Looking at his singles output, I still have no issues calling it one of his bests; top 3? Nah, but top 10? Sure

IrishNinja

so happy to see someone else say they like I Can/Bridging the Gap so i ain't gotta, phew

omg I missed the style p track post lmfao

Every time that gets posted I go around apologizing to random people for the existence of rap music.

that styles p song could generate a 10 page OT thread with the proper troll thread.

"Typical for cRAP music"

god, i almost wanna make it happen & say it's a new young thug track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom