• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

Nothing's worse than Nastradamus breh

I mean, they're both pretty ba-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OMwF-oo7Pw

LlWdwa9.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Untitled might be a Nas project but there are quite a few songs I like from it.

Hero, Sly Fox, Fried Chicken, untitled, etc.

Koozek

Nothing's worse than Nastradamus breh

Okay, I revised it:
Nastradamus = Untitled < It Was Written = I Am... = God's Son = Stillmatic = Hip Hop Is Dead (< The Lost Tapes) < Street's Disciple (COME AT ME, BREHS) < Illmatic.
Never really listened to Life Is Good, so no judgement.

Untitled might be a Nas project but there are quite a few songs I like from it.

Hero, Sly Fox, Fried Chicken, untitled, etc.

Well, there are some good tracks on any Nas album, but, as much as I loved his albums in my youth, I still have to admit that overall he has an extremely mixed discography.

First I have to start this post by giving myself an L for engaging in this discussion.
OXqJwuX.gif

With that out the way, I contemplate Nastradamus v Untitled. I'll use the Esch scale.

Nastradamus:
Dope:
-Life We Chose
-Project Windows
-Come Get Me

Aite:
-Last Words

Recycle Bin Status:
-Nastradamus
-Some Of Us Have Angels (MF DOOM remix is dope tho)
-Shoot Em Up
-Family
-God Love Us
-Quiet Niggas
-Big Girl
-New World
-You Owe Me
-The Outcome

-----------------------------

Untitled:
Dope:
-Queens Get The Money (Nigger Hatred should have been the intro IMO, and Queens Get The Money should have been an interlude)
-Testify
-Fried Chicken

Aite:
-Hero
-Untitled
-Sly Fox
-Project Roach
-Yall My Niggas

Recycle Bin Status:
-You Can't Stop Us Now
-Breathe
-Money Make The World Go Around
-America
-N.I.G.G.E.R.
-We're Not Alone
-Black President

-----------------------------

Honestly both are pretty bad. The best tracks on Nastradamus are better than anything on Untitled though. I'm surprised Nas doesn't really play Come Get Me live, that song is dope as fuck. But I think I'll say Untitled is better simply because most of the recycle bin tracks aren't as bad as those on Nastradamus...

Fjordson

These last two pages. Whew.

If we getting 12 Reasons to Die 2 and we don't get an Apollo Brown version of the album Ghost is wasting his time
Yeah, I definitely prefered Brown's version over the Adrian Younge one.

I like the original too, but I dunno. I don't really love Adrian Younge's production. Kinda bored me after a while.

I almost forgot. Love a weekend album release
banderas.png

Is it getting a digital release? All I saw on twitter is that he's selling the album in person in NYC lol.

His old stuff is on iTunes so I assume Yen Lo will be as well. I was really hoping for a bandcamp release but oh well.

Rest Of My Life, Just A Moment, Reason, Remember The Times, War and Me & You are smooth as hell. Lots of good memories of that album. Came at the right time for me.

...but none of those tracks are better than The Message, Street Dreams, I Gave You Power, Take It In Blood, Affirmative Action, Suspect, If I Ruled The World....

Esch

Banned
I'm no big fan of Stillmatic (wack production) but just off the strength of it's song concepts / technical proficiency it's above everything but Lost Tapes/Illmatic/IWW.

HiResDes

Also your abusal of the equal sign is like a way of pussy footing way around truly ranking his albums. I wouldn't even be mad at someone putting The Lost Tapes or Stillmatic over IWW, but equating it to Hip is Dead and I Am LMFAO.

Nibel

Rest Of My Life, Just A Moment, Reason, Remember The Times, War and Me & You are smooth as hell. Lots of good memories of that album. Came at the right time for me.

Was Street's Disciple that double album? I loved that thing

Suicide Bounce :whew

Esch

Banned
Dat 2nd childhood beat tho

Yeah that and the Intro beat are good, the rest are really "why?" even if you happen to still actually like 1997-2000 production (I do). There's some ok stuff on there like One Mic and Rule but overall it's pretty crap.

Like most of his stuff post IWW the beat choices are just confusingly bad picks, not just in terms of quality but also style. Borderline jiggy beats interspersed with these serious social commentaries
So6xLkw.png

Recycle Bin Status:
-You Owe Me

You know what? I'm not even sure what it is but over the years I began to like You Owe Me more and more. I'm thinking it's the beat... It's a dumb as fuck song and embarrassing as fuck to say the least but whenever it ever plays on the radio it got me feeling like
krs.png

Esch

Banned
I was about to say this is the first time i've seen the tone deafness of Nas and Sonic fans combined, but then I remembered IrishNinja.

o3abnfi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom