• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daria

having my fingers crossed for the possible opportunity of getting an interview set up with Hurt Everybody for a hip hop site I'm starting to write for.

1ZDzeKz.gif

lol

overcast

Fucking Jesus..
been listening to this album quite a bit over the last few days:

holy shit. slept on it way too long.

while there are some dope rhymes and flows throughout, El-P just steals the show here. every beat is amazing. heavily electronic but still has that grimy New York sound. this thing is 14 years old yet still sounds futuristic. crazy.
Yeah, this is a groundbreaking classic record 🙏 Bless it.

The Joint

Dead End Hip Hop x Salem Psalms provide a great compilation album this year. With DJ Efn's Another Time and this one, which one edges out? The Joint focuses purely on the underground movement of today while Another Time focused on a mix of 90's and current underground come-ups. The album wins on the production front. All of the beats are decent with three exceptional ones featured in "Til I", Sound of the City, and "Children of Tomorrow" and the kind of beats featured are varied enough. The album is relatively for easy listening. It's an album made to kick back and relax to. The emcees on this project are each decent in their own right. The ones recognizable to me, Boog Brown, Clear Soul Forces, CunninLynguists, and ScienZe all do great jobs on the tracks they're on. My favorite out of the unfamiliar artists is NOVA. The album doesn't really have a theme to it, but you don't ever need one, for an album to be good. The album has good production and the artists deliver on flow and lyrics. It's an all around good package. In the end, I really can't say if it's better than Another Time. They're on equal ground right now.

8/10

having my fingers crossed for the possible opportunity of getting an interview set up with Hurt Everybody for a hip hop site I'm starting to write for.
I applied to XXL and The Source. You know if any other Hip-Hop sites are hiring?

DominoKid

yet another reason why Raw sucks.

the Divas only get like 10 mins max in a 3 hour show and nothing interesting to do. and that's on a good night.

you can't keep eye candy like that in your back pocket.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
yet another reason why Raw sucks.

the Divas only get like 10 mins max in a 3 hour show and nothing interesting to do. and that's on a good night.

you can't keep eye candy like that in your back pocket.
Just watch Total Divas man.

codhand

For anyone else who didn't catch it, the Stones Throw doc Our Vinyl Weighs a Ton was added to US netflix this week.

oh man, that stone's throw doc was painful!

once questlove showed up with his stupid fucking heart pin, on some revisionist history shit, i knew it was a wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom