• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Yo this shit is bangin, west coast whip album:

This that Joe Moses and Andre Damar are great west-coast albums that nobody seems to be talking about...And I don't even fuck with the west-coast too heavy

Also this little boom-bap EP is fire!

...Oh and even though I don't like some of the features the new Dizzy Wright is pretty banging.

Fjordson

Man this Run the Jewels tour poster is amazing. And it's official from RTJ:

893c87d0.jpg

yeah i'm really liking that track. much more than his 50 shades of grey stuff.

god damn, didn't he preview this a while ago? this is real nice. now i need some new frank ocean too.

big ander

Banks is the star of RZA's next movie
The self-styled Yung Rapunzel will take the title role in Coco, a drama film produced under Lionsgate and Codeblack. Coco’s story closely parallels Banks’ own arduous climb to the top of the rap game: Untested Coco fantasizes about hitting it big in the world of hip-hop, but her mindful parents insist that she complete her college education before chasing those dreams. While in school, Coco learns about the poignancy and power of spoken-word poetry, which, as we all learned in Dangerous Minds, is just like rapping without the phat beat. We can safely assume that Coco will combine her book-learning with lessons from the School of Hard Knocks to find her identity as an artist and spit rhymes in iambic pentameter.

The directorial talent attached to the project has also drawn a few eyeballs: De facto Wu-Tang Clan mastermind Robert Fitzgerald Diggs, alias RZA, will return to the camera after making his debut in 2011 with wuxia valentine The Man With The Iron Fists.

Feeling "In the Night" more than "I Can't Feel my Face" but I can see why the latter will be a bigger if not massive summer hit
The Weeknd hasn't tweeted anything so him and the label are either pissed af or prepping a proper rollout asap

Called that shit and he exceeded my expectations
Some fans getting antsy about the more poppy leaks so what does he do? Releases a video for the song all the mixtape fans wanted in HQ, Mood Music aka The Hills
dope

That Migos LP could be good
Can't knock their hustle

Fjordson

Never been a big Abel fan tbh, but The Hills is dope.

edit: I Can't Feel My Face wasn't bad either. Sounds like an MJ impression in spots, but it's cool

Vorheez

After reading PDs comments in the em thread about his shit not aging well, it got me thinking about some other stuff that didn't age too well... whats the consensus on d12s devils night? I'm giving it a spin now and even though its dope, it's really just a tweaked MMLP.

What sets an album up to age well? How do you even classify that?

What sets an album up to age well? How do you even classify that?

I actually vehemently disagree with that argument. While I understand it completely, and acknowledge it's evident for example in some of the pop references Em makes (to use him as an example), I feel like you could use the same argument for anyone from a decade or so ago.

Now, to me, aging well is more based on listening to an album years later and seeing if it still knocks. I can listen to MMLP and still see how good it is. Of course it sounds out of place at times, it was a completely different era. Hell look at Ready to Die (comparing the age). To me the aging argument is more was the album all hype and a product of the climate at the time or is it actually still good. And to me hearing the sheer hunger on those first two Em albums means I can never shit on them for some dated references.
I fully admit I'm a stan though lol.

On the other hand, D12 and even G-Unit have some stuff that didn't age well in the production department I would say...but now that may be construed as hypocritical when it could've just been the sound of the time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom