• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Vice: Roc of Ages: Dame Dash's Second Chance at a Second Act. They conducted an interview a few short days after the Breakfast Club Interview. Choice quotes:

Dame Dash has strong views on family, entrepreneurship and old-school manliness—the kind of things talking heads on Fox News and right wing radio like to discuss—but when I ask him whether he realizes those things are part and parcel of the Republican and Conservative parties, his eyes narrow and his brow furrows. The veins on his neck bulge. He’s offended, angry, and doesn’t see the connection between him and Republicans. He’s a Democrat. “I don’t think I’m saying anything Obama doesn’t say.” He says he believes in paying taxes, even though he owes the I.R.S. back tax money, and says Republicans own oil companies, even though he has an oil company himself—Damon Dash Motor Oil. He says I’m racist because I favorably compare his enterprising stewardship of the black-owned record label Roc-A-Fella Records to Suge Knight and halcyon days of Death Row Records. “You compare me to a nigga that’s in jail,” he says. “That’s racist. Compare me to someone who is white.”

I get it. Sort of. If I were him, I’d be offended too. Or, maybe not. Damon Dash is confusing. I am trying to figure him out. Damon Dash the character is pissed, because Damon Dash the man is hurt.
“I haven’t been in music in 15 years. I do fashion. Compare me to Andrew Rosen, who bought Theory and Rag & Bone. I don’t want to just be compared to Suge Knight. I don’t want to be in the same sentence. I don’t have a label. I have a division of music. I acquire companies. I’m not in the music business. I don’t do what they do. I buy companies. I sell companies. I create companies. I liquidate companies. I license out companies. I do a lot. I design, from the beginning, to the rooter to the tooter. I get a design, I go get the pattern, I go source the fabric, I go do the fittings. I was fucking educated in Savile Row. I learned how to make a suit in London.”

Did you hear that? Damon Dash learned how to make a suit in London.
On gossip: “I think men are wasting their testosterone. Stop being in men’s business. Be like, ‘Yo, I’m a man with a vagina, so I’m not really a man.’
On therapy: “Therapy is for women.”
...but in its time, DD172 was quietly influential. Then in 2011, the city of New York busted the gallery for selling alcohol illegally, and the Dame Dash comeback party ended.

“It was perfect,” Dame says. “I did everything. Nothing went wrong at all. There was no expectation. The history that got made there is priceless.”

Worth a read. Man just reading through all of these different ventures Dame had that you never heard of again is hilarious. Dead @ naming your crib Poppington.

i know listening to anything Blueprint 3 related is an automatic L, but Thank You is a really underrated Jay track

such a shame that it got stuck on that trash heap of an album
s80fNaH.png

Already Home has one of my favourite lines by him too, "H-O-V, I got my own lane already"
besides that...what an album in all the wrong ways lol

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Holy fuck, have I ever seen a woman as bad as Snoh Aalegra?

Dat Swedish/Persian mix is consuming my soul, somehow the perfect mix of Amy Winehouse and Eva Mendes.

Plus her music is dope as heck. Got me catching feelings like the first time I saw/heard Alicia Keys brehs.

Zabuza

Banned
Favorite song is the song he aped from apparently garbage rapper Bones... Took the entire chorus and the beat without any additions, it's lazy just lazy and in my opinion Rocky doesn't even out rap Bones on the track. If it were labeled a mixtape or featured on a mixtape then it'd be less wack, but I'm not with that. He didn't even call Bones up to get a new verse from him, scared of a renegade from the skinny white pimp.

Bone's brother said Bones went in the studio to re-record that chorus.

EDIT: Late on this, but yeah it's bullshit on Rocky's part. Just glad B is getting some good exposure.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy fuck, have I ever seen a woman as bad as Snoh Aalegra?

Dat Swedish/Persian mix is consuming my soul, somehow the perfect mix of Amy Winehouse and Eva Mendes.

Plus her music is dope as heck. Got me catching feelings like the first time I saw/heard Alicia Keys brehs.
preach brother

You described her perfectly too. Bad Things still gets regular play from me.

overcast

If Yeezus was a flop than TPAB was too.
At least folks talked about Yeezus for a while. TPAB came and went in a flash.

to be serious though those are better numbers than I expected for Rocky. Figured he'd be lucky to do 80K.
Why did you bring up Yeezus at all? How did TPAB come and go while that stuck around?
Anyway, The Weeknd posted this recently, possibly his upcoming album art? Looks dumb to me but whatever lol

CGXEYFaWgAA-fzT.jpg
Bad cover, but I'm just happy he has new material coming.

Esch

Banned
so i got really bored today and downloaded FL studio and tried to make some music in it, mostly lazy sample chops and fuckery, never done this before, it's an endless time sink
NsARqvd.png

click pic to listen

Eos

so i got really bored today and downloaded FL studio and tried to make some music in it, mostly lazy sample chops and fuckery, never done this before, it's an endless time sink
NsARqvd.png

gonna listen to this again when i go bathe in the ganges river

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
:cry:

it's pretty overwhelming honestly, the way it all gets thrown in your face. Need to get more drum presets and work on the sample chopping. Chopping a rhythmically fast/complex track is hard af

Yeah the initial learning curve for all those music making programs is fairly high. Learning to use Reason was pretty rough, and even now there is a ton I still don't know how to do.
Once you get the basics down though it's pretty easy to get something made, it's the little things to make it sound clean and professional that I still struggle with.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm just a simple mixmaker, not a creator of original content. I do need to upgrade to a big boy program like Ableton. Audacity is holding me back from my tru potential.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm probably one of the last surviving rational eminem semi defenders in that I didn't suddenly decide all his old stuff was shit just because his new stuff is so so.
But man...that song truly is unlistenable. The only reason to listen to eminem was because he was goofy and ridiculous and said fucked up shit in a corny but amusing way. This "serious rapper" eminem that popped up in the last few years needs to just fuck right off.

Esch

Banned
I see Esch trying to take Snuggle's spot, huh
You better shoot up his tourbus breh

no way breh. that's the first beat i've ever made, no idea how to use drums or any of that shit really, it's all sample flips. Theres nothing I hate more than YouTube tutorials but i kno i'm going to sit through hours of them
jb24frQuOkSiIV.png

NsARqvd.png

click pic to listen

lmao at 0:47

i think you got something at about a minute in though, work on that one dawg

2:30 as well.

I want to do some producing shit too breh. I can imagine it now. My beats will inevitably be piano loops. Yours will end up having claps everywhere. Gonna be fun lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First Impressions - Ryan Hemsworth's RyanPack Vol.2

It's cool. Only really kept the OG Bobby Johnson remix off of the first one (better and somehow goes even harder than the original), but for this I can see myself keeping Feeling This, All The Things She Said, Know Wassup and In Too Deep.

tl;dr:

tumblr_n2ia785cu81rr75cno1_500.gif

This GIF is so accurate lmao

Nibel

Already saw the first cac friend on Facebook post the Em song, saying something like "The king is back"

ka62t5es5t.png

no way breh. that's the first beat i've ever made, no idea how to use drums or any of that shit really, it's all sample flips. Theres nothing I hate more than YouTube tutorials but i kno i'm going to sit through hours of them
jb24frQuOkSiIV.png

Yeah, producing can be a lot of fun; I do it too now and then but never made something that sticked with me. And the world of FL YouTube videos is horrible, been there done that haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom