• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Brehs, if Fallout 4 is cross-gen

cry_1.gif~original

I can't. I just can't...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
....is there a possibility? I haven't been following the rumors.
Based on assumptions for which game is which on E3's website's list of games for the Bethesda conference: Yes
Based on the pre-order placeholders on Bethesda's website: No

Witcher 3 raised the bar, nobody has time for cross-gen Bethesda jank in 2015.

New engine and current gen only, or Fallout 4 goes in the bushes.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
imagine going back to Bethesda's lifeless animation and janky combat in a post Witcher 3 world

yikes

Witcher 3 raised the bar, nobody has time for cross-gen Bethesda jank in 2015.

New engine and current gen only, or Fallout 4 goes in the bushes.

seriously. the fucking sidequests and exploration is unmatched.

like i'll give credit where it's due and say bethesda is pretty pimp with their exploration in elder scrolls but witcher 3 killed it.

dat music and feeling you get when you explore skellige for the first time. gave me LOTR rohan vibes. it's got it's own jank problems but this world will be unbeat this gen, believe that.

1. Get Away
2. Gabby (feat. Janelle Monae)
3. Under Control
4. Go With It (feat. Vic Mensa)
5. Just Sayin / I Tried
6. For the World (feat. James Fauntleroy)
7. Girl (feat. KAYTRANADA)
8. Special Affair
9. Somthing's Missing
10. Partners in Crime Part Three
11. Penthouse Cloud
12. Palace / Curse (feat. Steve Lacy & Tyler, The Creator)

why the hell is Mike G on the cover?

seriously. the fucking sidequests and exploration is unmatched.

like i'll give credit where it's due and say bethesda is pretty pimp with their exploration in elder scrolls but witcher 3 killed it.

dat music and feeling you get when you explore skellige for the first time. gave me LOTR rohan vibes. it's got it's own jank problems but this world will be unbeat this gen, believe that.

There's definitely Eurojank in The Witcher 3, but the overall quality of quests and world building is unmatched.

And yes the music is amazing. Every single ambient/exploration theme is so good.

Esch

Banned
imagine going back to Bethesda's lifeless animation and janky combat in a post Witcher 3 world

yikes

>complains about janky combat

>praises Witcher 3

Might be best to assume that a AAA studio is going to invest more in animation, graphics etc with a generation change too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm pretty surprised there was ever a place for Bethesda jank at any moment in the space-time continuum, but y'all can have your dope menus or whatever kept you there. #positivity2015

Every time I wanna play one of those big ass open world RPGs, I'm like "damn loota shit to explore and do, lets do this"

then I see the combat and I'm like "...nah tho" and I go back to Street Fighter or Bayonetta or some shit

overcast

Hopefully Fallout 4 has different art direction this time around.
Vince Staples tracklist

1. Ramona Park Legend Pt 1
2. Lift Me Up
3. Norf Norf
4. Birds & Bees
5. Loca
6. Lemme Know
7. Dopeman
8. Jump off the Roof
9. Senorita
10. Summertime
Dope. Probably gonna reveal features later. Betting on an Earl one.
Probably an explanation for this...

Every time I wanna play one of those big ass open world RPGs, I'm like "damn loota shit to explore and do, lets do this"

then I see the combat and I'm like "...nah tho" and I go back to Street Fighter or Bayonetta or some shit

You can do some pretty badass stuff in The Witcher 3 once you get used to the pace of combat. It's not Bayonetta level, obviously, but it's not Bethesda level either. Something you just gotta try for yourself. The biggest nuisance are the enemies with like no cooldown animations that attack in groups.

But still, the amount of people complaining like it's gamebreaking or something have me like wat. Where are these people every time GTA comes out and it takes 3 years to move your u-boat character around and aim at someone?

I think the combat in W3 is fine. More fun than Elder Scrolls, though they're pretty different.

yeah it's certainly more fun. it has it's problems but still it's more fun the last one, dodging and attacking at the right time sometimes feels pretty satisfying.

just gotta stop rolling all over the place, got used to somersaulting like a moron too much in the last game.

I legit cried trying to play GTAV

"why my character turn and move like an old alien that learned how the human body operates from a book"
mjcry1.png

"the said the combat was gon be like Max Payne 3 why they lie tho"
mjcry1.png

"who designed the controls of this fuckin' submarine and why aren't they fired yet"
mjcry1.png

Cheddahz

Banned

1. Get Away
2. Gabby (feat. Janelle Monae)
3. Under Control
4. Go With It (feat. Vic Mensa)
5. Just Sayin / I Tried
6. For the World (feat. James Fauntleroy)
7. Girl (feat. KAYTRANADA)
8. Special Affair
9. Somthing's Missing
10. Partners in Crime Part Three
11. Penthouse Cloud
12. Palace / Curse (feat. Steve Lacy & Tyler, The Creator)

thought this was a photo shoot for all of the odd future rejects

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There's nothing abnormal about how characters control in GTA. Rare case scenario where having jetpacks on characters' backs and thundering through environments Vanquish style would probably take away from the game at large.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There's nothing abnormal about how characters control in GTA. Rare case scenario where having jetpacks on characters' backs and thundering through environments Vanquish style would probably take away from the game at large.

fuck that sounds awesome lmao

Nothing abnormal about thieves who move like pregnant woman in the middle of a heist brehs

Courage

Why are you making it seem like it's black or white? Did you play Max Payne 3?

DominoKid

GTAV was surprisingly jankless compared to recent installments. Other than flying the damn helicopters. That shit made me want to toss my controller.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why are you making it seem like it's black or white? Did you play Max Payne 3?
Yeah, I'm the one making it black and white when y'all comparing realistic middle-aged men's movement to submarines and a gravity-defying cop slash ultramurderer in an arcadey shooter.

It's not like Uncharted either where your character has to pause and calculate the degrees they're gonna turn on graph paper before they do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom