• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

i quite like this new asap rock album, it kind of captures that cloud rap feel quite nicely. i don't really care that there is no 'concept', especially if kenny g scat hotel room lucy interludes every track is the high bar of 'concept'.
There's nothing happening on the album, it's kind of goofy actually. Rocky is just "there", while the most of the features take up space and the beats are cool.

Nibel

i quite like this new asap rock album, it kind of captures that cloud rap feel quite nicely. i don't really care that there is no 'concept', especially if kenny g scat hotel room lucy interludes every track is the high bar of 'concept'.

tbh the more I listen to it the weaker it sounds to me

Another album done after a week

HiResDes

I'm pretty pissed at y'all, GAF-Hop ruined the Donnie Trumpet album for me, before I was just kinda cruising along to the music and Chances flow, but when I actually started listening to the lyrics I have to confess to some cringing... Still don't hate it though

codhand

nHKErTM.png

I really hate it when I listen to the next "hot" album and immediately think it's better than an artist's last effort. I guess it is human, but I have to learn to let an album settle and give it a few more playthroughs before I make any conclusions.

T Dollarz

Surf is good, but it doesn't compare to Acid Rap for me. That was hands down my summer jam that year. Listened to it the other day and I remembered why. Still so good.

what are you talking about?

Also while listening to this and rapping along with some of these songs I came to think hey, what rap songs does Gaf know by heart?

I know:
Brenda's Got a Baby
I Get Around
Around the Way Girl
Remember the Times
The Message
What's Your Fantasy?
The Power of Myself Is Moving
Oochie Wally
Juicy
What I Do
No Worries

Forgot I also know most of Labella Mafia and "Crush on You" by Lil' Kim and "Perfect Getaway" by Klassy by heart as well. Oh shit, "My Neck, My Back" and "Put It in Your Mouth" too.

I'm not sure why only certain songs are eidetic for me while I might listen to other ones a lot more. Why I can remember certain parts of verses in some songs an not the whole thing? I think maybe enunciation and flow have some part in that.

I hope you'll always remember how corny this shitpost was.
The fuck is up with you?

Also a couple videos/tracks were shared with me. Firstly, a well edited video of Busta Rhymes "Gimme Some More" over a Cookie Monster segment and a track from producers Snakehips titled Forever Pt. II. That video has such a serene and exotic vibe to me that reminds me a bit of Mura Masa and that Onra album.

So who's seeing Dope?
I'm going to be on it.

Detox

Blasian to save you time and to make it easier for those on mobile. Make a playlist of the videos instead of manually copying and pasting. Link to the plaulist.

Fjordson

I'm pretty pissed at y'all, GAF-Hop ruined the Donnie Trumpet album for me, before I was just kinda cruising along to the music and Chances flow, but when I actually started listening to the lyrics I have to confess to some cringing... Still don't hate it though
Yeah, it's cheesy in spots. I still like how it sounds though.

Nibel

Like are people too poor to afford someone with Photoshop skillz or why are 50% of the covers posted here trash

Can't wait for the art clowns to attack me, signed - an artist

HiResDes

Blasian to save you time and to make it easier for those on mobile. Make a playlist of the videos instead of manually copying and pasting. Link to the plaulist.
Is there a concept behind the playlists or are they just songs that come up on his ipod shuffle?

thabiz i just posted that you shithead
lol nah im pretty pumped downloaded it immediately but didn't get a chance to listen to it yet
will today after studying probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom