• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=85YIezL8Q9A

I been in this game for years, it made me a animal
It's rules to this shit, I wrote me a manual
A step by step booklet for you to get
your game on track, not your wig pushed back
Rule nombre uno: never let no one know
how much, dough you hold, cause you know
The cheddar breed jealousy 'specially
if that man fucked up, get your ass stuck up
Number two: never let em know your next move
Don't you know Bad Boys move in silence or violence
Take it from your highness (uh-huh)
I done squeezed mad clips at these cats for they bricks and chips
Number three: never trust no-bo-dy
Your moms'll set that ass up, properly gassed up
Hoodie to mask up, shit, for that fast buck
she be layin in the bushes to light that ass up
Number four: know you heard this before
Never get high, on your own supply
Number five: never sell no crack where you rest at
I don't care if they want a ounce, tell em bounce
Number six: that god damn credit, dead it
You think a crackhead payin you back, shit forget it
Seven: this rule is so underrated
Keep your family and business completely seperated
Money and blood don't mix like two dicks and no bitch
Find yourself in serious shit
Number eight: never keep no weight on you
Them cats that squeeze your guns can hold jobs too
Number nine shoulda been number one to me
If you ain't gettin bags stay the fuck from police (uh-huh)
If niggaz think you snitchin ain't tryin listen
They be sittin in your kitchen, waitin to start hittin
Number ten: a strong word called consignment
Strictly for live men, not for freshmen
If you ain't got the clientele say hell no
Cause they gon want they money rain sleet hail snow
Follow these rules you'll have mad bread to break up
If not, twenty-four years, on the wake up
Slug hit your temple, watch your frame shake up
Caretaker did your makeup, when you pass
Your girl fucked my man Jake up, heard in three weeks
she sniffed a whole half of cake up
Heard she suck a good dick, and can hook a steak up
Gotta go gotta go, more pasta bake up, word up, uhh

Crack king, Frank Blizzard
Uhh

Hip Hops version of The Art of War or the 48 Laws of Power.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Okay, so is everybody just saying the best BIG song besides Juicy because that's just understood as one of the greatest songs of all time? Because nobody mentioning one of, if not THE, best rap songs ever is suspect.

I mean, if I say "It was all a dream" every single one of you just rapped at least the next 4 bars in your head.

codhand

Okay, so is everybody just saying the best BIG song besides Unbelievable because that's just understood as one of the greatest songs of all time? Because nobody mentioning one of, if not THE, best rap songs ever is suspect.

I mean, if I say "It's unbelievable" every single one of you just rapped at least the next bar in your head.

Sounds like album stuff but who knows. I went back and watched some of his freestyle videos from October 2012, days before GKMC dropped. Didn't hear anything that ended up on the album; I probably missed a video or two though.

Some of them did, I remember he did the second verse of maad city for a radio freestyle.

Also did the County Building Blues verse as well.

Esch

Banned
Okay, so is everybody just saying the best BIG song besides Juicy because that's just understood as one of the greatest songs of all time? Because nobody mentioning one of, if not THE, best rap songs ever is suspect.

I mean, if I say "It was all a dream" every single one of you just rapped at least the next 4 bars in your head.

I said Gimme the Loot cause i have the best opinions but Unbelievable and Juicy would be right there.

WanderingWind

I'm just saying, Juicy remains the most grounded of the "I made it" songs ever, right? His success was buying his mom a coat and and Acura, and himself a new couch and a Sega AND a SNES. Pretty balling back then, no doubt, but even with inflation that same song today would have to be a rapper lying about his 50 trillions in drug bills.

Realistic success story > Modern day fables by AESOP Rocky

jamal

Neo Member
Juicy is just the perfect hip-hop single. GOAT rags to riches story. That song alone shifted the east coast/west coast beef when it was being dominated by the west.

Fjordson

Man been revisiting Piñata, listening to it at work this week, and I think this is my favourite album from last year. Few months ago it was towards the middle of my top 10 behind RTJ 2 and a few others, but it still holds up perfectly.

I said Gimme the Loot cause i have the best opinions but Unbelievable and Juicy would be right there.
Basically the same for me. Top two are Gimme the Loot and Juicy in that order.

WanderingWind

If you had to take one song that exemplifies hip-hop to put into a time capsule so that future civilizations could understand the genre, what other song could it possibly be other than Juicy, tbh?

overcast

That's why I fucked your bitch you fat motherfucker
If you had to take one song that exemplifies hip-hop to put into a time capsule so that future civilizations could understand the genre, what other song could it possibly be other than Juicy, tbh?
Well if you put it that way a ton. Hard to say man. Juicy is no doubt important though.

WanderingWind

C.R.E.A.M. or T.R.O.Y.

Yeah, I don't think either of those are wrong answers either. TROY is the GOAT beat without even a comparison, shit is like Jerry Rice versus everybody else, but I'd give Juicy for everything else everyday, all day. And Juicy's beat is top 5 dead or alive too. And while CREAM is deserving of its place, no doubt, I still preferred Chessboxin'

Fjordson

Yeah, I don't think either of those are wrong answers either. TROY is the GOAT beat without even a comparison, shit is like Jerry Rice versus everybody else, but I'd give Juicy for everything else everyday, all day. And Juicy's beat is top 5 dead or alive too. And while CREAM is deserving of its place, no doubt, I still preferred Chessboxin'
Yeah, Juicy is acceptable. One of the best singles ever.

Trey

Warning is my favorite Biggie song. The violence on the track was sociopathic but Biggie's flow centered it so well he might as well have been talking about the weather.

BokehKing

Banned
Call the coroner
there's gonna be alot of slow singin
and flower bringin
if my burgular alarm starts ringin

banderas.png
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the first time me and my friends heard that, there was a collective "ohhhh shit" on the handball courts, something very reminiscent of that Gif of the hip hop battle

Haha love that those coli smilies are all over

Jay took A LOT from Big, that's why I have zero respect from that dude, talk about using someone's death to catapult your career.

make me defend Hov, brehs...

That's not fair at all. Hov merely did what everyone expected him to do: carry the torch. He was Biggie's dude, he was from Brooklyn, of course he was the next guy up. I'm not going to defend Jay for jacking lines from rappers; I think that's a cynical, calculated thing on his end but I won't go into that. But I don't think there's any evidence that he "used" the death to his advantage anymore than a prince uses a king's death to his advantage. The prince becomes king, that's how shit goes. Not saying I think Jay was the king of NY immediately after Biggie's death (it was Nas), but there's no denying he was Biggie's successor.

I'll defend Diddy while I'm at it actually. Biggie wanted him to rhyme, supported his career, gassed him up...should we be mad Diddy lived out the dream while Biggie was dead? I'm cool with it. Now if you want to trash Diddy for making Biggie go to Cali sure, I'll dap you. I think Diddy is wack as fuck and inadvertently got his friend killed, but I won't say he has exploited Biggie. In fact I'd say Biggie died BEFORE Diddy could exploit him.

BokehKing

Banned
curious, what did jay steal from big? sure your not thinking of the puffster

http://youtu.be/RqScH2CfYTg
I thought this for years before this compilation came out
I forgot what Ghostface song it was, but one part of it went 'you better pay biggie's mom's for using his lyrics' over and over again.

I mean yeah, jay-z fans will make excuses, but that's expected.

If jay-z did this in the early 90's this dude would have been shunned and chin checked, but after Pac and Biggie died, and we had to start allowing the south on the radio (ruined hip hop imo)

If we didn't have ice cube crying in the source about the south and the West coast not being played on East coast stations, maybe we would actually have better artist today. Hot 97 in the 90's played talent from that region, now you got to share air space with everyone? It's ridiculous

Me and Gutta had two spots
Two for Five, Dollar hits the blue tops
Gotta go coolio means its getting too hot
If Faith had twins, she'd probably have two pacs
Get it? Tu-pacs.

thabiz

I forgot what Ghostface song it was, but one part of it went 'you better pay biggie's mom's for using his lyrics' over and over again.

If jay-z did this in the early 90's this dude would have been shunned and chin checked, but after Pac and Biggie died, and we had to start allowing the south on the radio (ruined hip hop imo)

If we didn't have ice cube crying in the source about the south and the West coast not being played on East coast stations, maybe we would actually have better artist today. Hot 97 in the 90's played talent from that region, now you got to share air space with everyone? It's ridiculous

bravo

BokehKing

Banned
make me defend Hov, brehs...

That's not fair at all. Hov merely did what everyone expected him to do: carry the torch. He was Biggie's dude, he was from Brooklyn, of course he was the next guy up. I'm not going to defend Jay for jacking lines from rappers; I think that's a cynical, calculated thing on his end but I won't go into that. But I don't think there's any evidence that he "used" the death to his advantage anymore than a prince uses a king's death to his advantage. The prince becomes king
Jay wasn't shouted out on Ready to Die, he wasn't shouted out on the inside of Cd either. He just kind of got placed there with Biggie to do the whole 'commision' thing. If you think Biggie had more love for Jay than Lil Cease you're crazy.

When Reasonable Doubt came out, no one was feeling JAY-Z like he and his family base wants you to believe. He was a b-tier rapper surrounded by Big name guys that were way out of his league. He came in on the tail end of the Mafia rap stuff and didn't even do that good.

Biggie would still be alive today if he was not with Puff and was with Def Jam or Loud Records, Puff ruined him and put him in those situations

DominoKid

lmmfao classic post

BokehKing

Banned

Depends, do I want to scare said civilization?

Mobb Deep-Shook Ones Pt 2

Do I want to show pure hip hop?
Tribe Called Quest - check the rhime

Do I want to show what drives someone who started a fight to only end up crying on the radio?

Nas - Ether

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom