• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
Hmm so that new Meek is slamming huh? Everytime I try bumping one of his albums, dude sounds like a traumatic poodle :/. I'll give it a listen...

HiResDes

I've been seeing a bunch of newbies lately that have not completed the initiative, click the pic in the OP, copy and paste your answers in here. I don't think anyone has noticed this Easter Egg all year.

RP912

Banned
I've been seeing a bunch of newbies lately that have not completed the initiative, click the pic in the OP, copy and paste your answers in here. I don't think anyone has noticed this Easter Egg all year.

Musical Tastes

Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq or Atlantistan) - Atlantistan since I'm near it
What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Grime, Backpack, WC, Alternative Hip Hop, Jazzy Hip Hop, 90s Hip Hop, Down South Country Tunes, Some Drill hop...fuck it anything besides that swag shit.
Favorite Artists (Pick Five) - MF Grimm, Nas, MF Doom, Kendrick Lamar, OG Maco (Fuck it dude makes powerful music)
Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - Nicolay, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Thundercat, Flying Lotus (technically)
What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? Last Year- Flying Lotus: You're Dead...This Year- Kendrick Lamar- To Pimp a Butterfly
What are you listening to right now? - A$AP Ferg- Trap Lord, Boogie- The Reach, Camp lo- Ragtime Hightimes
What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? Drum and Bass...Mainly Electronic music, also Japanese Drill music is the shit.
Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)
Royce the 5'9
1. Death is Certain
2. Bar Exam 2
3. Bar Exam 1

GAF-Hop Discusses

What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? I love the variety and the flood of music within the genre, but wish rappers were hungry and not faking the funk (You're broke and trying to get a deal...stop bullshitting)
Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? Ghostface of course...
Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? Nas, Biggie, and OG Maco (YEAHH YEAHH YEAHH)
What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? Jay Rock's album
Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? J-Live- Underrated...Jay Z- Overreated
Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? Booty eating gang repping
Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? both
Do you still listen to Eminem? Why? Hell no...I have a family dammit :/
Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? Tough one...I'll say Pharell Williams...finest I'll say Jhene Aiko.
Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago...My eye swelled up from allergies to the point I look like a brown skinned Uncle Ruckus :(

That's about it. This isn't my first time introducing myself, but I think we got off at the wrong start since I said I was a Canibus fan which I apologize for such fuckery.

RP912

Banned
Bless up, great response, maybe bold answers next time for readability though. Another Hov hater eh, PD should be pleased.

Oh yeah my bad, I'll keep that in mind next time. As far as Hov....I just can't shake the fact that he always on some "anything you can do I can do better" shit. Last Hov album I bought was The Black Album and that was his last great effort imo...

You good in my book.
Freedom dropping tomorrow!

Day 1 breh..

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
150629_1155197jb29.png

RP912

Banned
You know you'd bump it the day it drops.

Don't play like you wouldn't even after all these years! :p

Psst please...I rather have Fly Lo/Doom record than old news Detox.

No lie I would Day 1 Detox and cry like my son getting born. Long time coming for that album.

I'd imagine Half Life 3 will be pretty good, whereas I can't imagine Detox being good. Dre has really regressed as a rapper, to the point he simply sounds like whoever wrote the verse for him. He didn't sound like Ice Cube or DOC in the 90s.

Nibel

I think the only way a Detox album can work is if he puts emphasis on features and production instead of trying to present himself as one of the best rappers. Kick some good bars, make a hook here and there but leave the actual 'rap complexity' to others.

To defend Dre though: I think he has one of the most unique voices in the entire game and is in a position to drop statements like nobody else.

But dunno why talk about something that will never be released anyway. Is Dre actually involved in music anymore other than telling producers to do this or that?

RP912

Banned
The thing that would make Detox a serious thing to music besides "about damn time" is if Dre says screw it...I'm doing the beats myself. I mean no hidden producers and no finger snaps at Mel Man...I'm talking about dusting off the SP 1200 and the Casio keyboard to show folks why you are the best producer of all time. Followed by new bloods to rap on the album, like how he did with the Aftermath album which was wrongfully shitted on.

Tokubetsu

The thing that would make Detox a serious thing to music besides "about damn time" is if Dre says screw it...I'm doing the beats myself. I mean no hidden producers and no finger snaps at Mel Man...I'm talking about dusting off the SP 1200 and the Casio keyboard to show folks why you are the best producer of all time. Followed by new bloods to rap on the album, like how he did with the Aftermath album which was wrongfully shitted on.

A Dre album with actual beats by dre would be complete garbage and you know it. Dre probably hasn't made an actual beat since 1992. Come on son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom