• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

oh we talkin wu huh

snuggles what is your favorite migos track

http://hiphop-n-more.com/2015/06/method-man-the-meth-lab-album-cover-track-list/

Seriously?[/I] I heard Meth say he wanted to give Staten Island MCs a chance to shine on the album but still...seriously? Why not do that as a mixtape and release an album your fans actually want to hear...

welp, better get used to this hanz on kid *sigh*
here's hoping for blackout 3!

This was supposed to be a mixtape but when he signed to Tommy Boy, they wanted to put this out as a retail release for whatever reason.

fuck, Tommy Boy still at that fuckery decades later

sigh. Tommy Boy...

His return album should be an event. Wasting that moment with no name features and wack production doesn't make sense. Dude has the clout and money to get some good production and features.

for real, this is so obviously a mixtape, watch them pretend it don't count

Lol. It's Streetlife season brehs.

Tommy ain't my motherfucking boy

Cmon meth

Tommy Boy though :/.

Best thing to come out of that dead weight label besides Naughty By Nature was House of Pain.

fixed for my peoples breh

I don't know brehs. Why even get mad... It's Wu in 2015. It's gonna suck. It's gonna have no name NY rappers all over and some shit dated production.

This is life.

there's moments in certain tracks, is the thing. but as a collective with RZA at the head? nah, i can't, past Better Tomorrow. i just can't.

i'll totally read whatever book/comic dude does next tho

Yup. Anybody having any expectations for that camp is delusional at this point.

you said that bout shenmue 3 tho fam
and here we are

Own it/ Wu-Tang forever was the last great Wu-tang
(related)
song

I'm not joking.

the fuckouttahere coli smiley isn't pointing far enough for me to use in reply to this

Only track I'm gonna listen to.

yeah, that's the one i'm hoping for too

terrible album art

we've seen worse..this would be progress for a KRIT cover these days

if you're a wu fan and don't like :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAVQ2zycawo

you're smoking big ol' crack rocks

see my go-to here is House of Flying Daggers but that's a good one too

Wu Tang ran their course after The W. Ghostface was the real MVP when Wu was doing struggle songs about logical darts and shit.

Yeah, Ghost was consistent for a long time after the Wu's prime as a group. And I liked Cuban Linx 2, but it's been rough lately. Even Ghost is kinda going through the motions.

Honestly, the Ghost decline started with Fishscale. It was a good album, but the raps that came out of that album was embarrassing for Ghost standards. Since then, it's been off and on with his music. I did enjoy his R and B album though.

yeah im startin to join ya'll in wanting a straight/non-themed ghost album. and ya'll ride for Ghostini but not Apollo Kids?

Fuck waiting for vinyl releases, I just bought Summertime '06

alternatively: fuck buying physical releases in 2015 that ain't vinyl

Coolluck

Kendrick's Alright is representative of my thoughts on TPAB. A great concept that doesn't have the content to back it up properly. However, that's personal taste. Anyone who loves this isn't wrong by any means.

Fjordson

I liked Apollo Kids. Had some nice tracks on it. And I enjoyed the first Twelve Reasons well enough, but now after a second Twelve Reasons, 36 Seasons and Sour Soul I'd like him to switch it up a bit.

Kendrick's Alright is representative of my thoughts on TPAB. A great concept that doesn't have the content to back it up properly. However, that's personal taste. Anyone who loves this isn't wrong by any means.
I kinda like Alright for some reason, but yeah album on the whole is no bueno.

Courage

Thanks for clarifying, I thought I was objectively wrong for a second.

RP912

Banned
The problem with the Alright video was that it was too much of nothing. So much fluff that takes away from the overall theme of the song/video. The video should have started with TDE rapping in the car, followed by Alright. The extra shit with dudes running around, snippets of his poem, and Kendrick making weird toilet faces was overkill. Reminds me of a old Michael Jackson/Janet Jackson video with 10 minutes of extra shit and 3 minutes of the song.

Should have aired the video on fox before The Simpsons.

codhand

amazon, apple/ beats, pandora, etc., no one wants to adopt .flac, or promote lossless as an option but bandcamp. i love vinyl but i'll take any lossless version that gives me domain over the track files.

Reminds me of a old Michael Jackson/Janet Jackson video with 10 minutes of extra shit and 3 minutes of the song.

all these feels

Fjordson

amazon, apple/ beats, pandora, etc., no one wants to adopt .flac, or promote lossless as an option but bandcamp. i love vinyl but i'll take any lossless version that gives me domain over the track files.
I don't need FLAC, but even 320 kbps mp3 can be hard to get which is pretty annoying. Why Amazon can't even get to 320 mp3 is beyond me (last I checked they sold like 250 vbr).

Cheddahz

Banned

you know? i would normally say this, but sometimes...you just gotta buy the album to support something great
The problem with the Alright video was that it was too much of nothing. So much fluff that takes away from the overall theme of the song/video. The video should have started with TDE rapping in the car, followed by Alright. The extra shit with dudes running around, snippets of his poem, and Kendrick making weird toilet faces was overkill. Reminds me of a old Michael Jackson/Janet Jackson video with 10 minutes of extra shit and 3 minutes of the song.

feel like you're overthinking tbh

IrishNinja

I liked Apollo Kids. Had some nice tracks on it. And I enjoyed the first Twelve Reasons well enough, but now after a second Twelve Reasons, 36 Seasons and Sour Soul I'd like him to switch it up a bit.

yeah, no arguing here

i respect ya'll audiophiles but on my system with or without headphones, anything in the vicinity of 320 works for me. weren't CD's in the day like 192? i don't usually got time for flac

codhand

I don't need FLAC, but even 320 kbps mp3 can be hard to get which is pretty annoying. Why Amazon can't even get to 320 mp3 is beyond me (last I checked they sold like 250 vbr).

id settle for 320

CDs were never 192Kbps, which just refers to the number of times the wave cycle is sampled from the original

not being nerdy just saying

RP912

Banned
I want to get into vinyl so badly.

I remember my uncle (RIP) wanted me to buy his dj equipment and vinyl for 500...:( I wish I could have took him up on that offer.

CRS

I hope y'all bought Summertime '06
I was going to but not anymore after this:

pLqPtz4.png

IrishNinja

maaaan...so Run the Jewels is gonna be here in october, right? but its a 3 day thing (can't just buy 1 day, natch) and like $88. ticket has ghostface, bonobo, goldlink & some others, including MF DOOM over like a webcam or some such bullshit that only he thinks is cool.

debating it fam

id settle for 320

CDs were never 192Kbps, which just refers to the number of times the wave cycle is sampled from the original

not being nerdy just saying

ah my bad then
nerd

I was going to but not anymore after this:

pLqPtz4.png

fair

codhand

mmg is like we neeed a new, left field collab like that madlib and freddie gibbs, whatda we got? l'orange has kool keith's cell phone? whelp.

Where's my L'orange x Blu album.

this

that jereiamiah jay dude is aite but I need a better rapper to ride those smooth ass beats. But of course yall know we're just cogs in the Blu Cycle.

1. Learn Blu is releasing a long anticipated project
kJrbWub.png

2. First released track is cool but nothing mind blowing
TBQ3Tii.png

3. Track list is dope
kN0vCUf.png

4. Album releases and is unmastered and/or average, bad, middling, etc
Zc4vQWi.png

5. Realizing our young could-have-been-GOAT probably sucked somebody's dick to pay for those snare drums+a hit of coke
QfEBYuB.png

CRS

I wouldn't mind a L'Orange and one of Mac Miller's alias joint project.

Blu probably doesn't even do coke. He's too busy in the desert doing peyote taking bites out of cacti.

Fjordson

this

that jereiamiah jay dude is aite but I need a better rapper to ride those smooth ass beats. But of course yall know we're just cogs in the Blu Cycle.

1. Learn Blu is releasing a long anticipated project
kJrbWub.png

2. First released track is cool but nothing mind blowing
TBQ3Tii.png

3. Track list is dope
kN0vCUf.png

4. Album releases and is unmastered and/or average, bad, middling, etc
Zc4vQWi.png

5. Realizing our young could-have-been-GOAT probably sucked somebody's dick to pay for those snare drums+a hit of coke
QfEBYuB.png
Lmfaao goddamn. It's so true. Shit would sound like a cell phone recording.

Blu is one of my favourite modern rappers out there, maybe my favourite, but the amount of undelivered potential based on earlier releases is staggering.

injurai

Banned
Ya'll still use Catsup? err ketchup... or was it ketchapp? No no no CatchUp? WhatsUp? What is this app? I can't think of it.

Yeah I finally came into the 21st century...

Cheddahz

Banned
i started digging mac miller's stuff whenever he dropped watching movies with the sound off and yeah, i really don't think there is a bad song on the vince staples album (though i didn't dig the second disc at first, before after a few listens, it just works)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom